Ntfc (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

Never really had an opinion on them until recently.

Sad to say I am enjoying the fact they are almost in drop zone of League Two.

At this rate they will swap places with Nuneaton

Covstu

Don't see why, they have nothing to do with our plight.

Waiting for comments on them letting us play at Sixfields etc etc blah blah.....

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Well, they let us play at Sixfields (blah, blah blah!) :D

shmmeee

Don't see why, they have nothing to do with our plight.

Waiting for comments on them letting us play at Sixfields etc etc blah blah.....

Well do you think they'll want us there next season if we're in the Chanpionship and they're in Non League? As its apparently so easy to support a team 35 miles away I'd imagine we'd take a fair chunk of their floating support, no?

Tonylinc

A very good evening Grendel.
If it's poetry which you crave, how about:-

Grendel is a lover of the Shitzu dream,
He cannot see their faults which are extreme,
He doesn't understand the ACL stance,
But prefers to believe Mr. Fisher's rants.

ccfcway

There once was a woman called Joy
Who has treated CCFC like a Toy
Her actions are vile
the accounts she wont file
and her moving to Northanmpton is a ploy !

RFC

A very good evening Grendel.
If it's poetry which you crave, how about:-

Grendel is a lover of the Shitzu dream,
He cannot see their faults which are extreme,
He doesn't understand the ACL stance,
But prefers to believe Mr. Fisher's rants.

Some you dream, some you draw, some you win & some you lose!

I personally don't believe anyone but COVENTRY CITY COUNCILS silence is Deafening IMHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ccfcway

There once was a Fisher called Tim
since he joined us, the times have been grim
The fans have walked away
we've lost over 10k
and odds on a return are just slim

Tonylinc

Some you dream, some you draw, some you win & some you lose!

I personally don't believe anyone but COVENTRY CITY COUNCILS silence is Deafening IMHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Are you really blaming our current problems on the Council? Yes, the rent charged was excessive but that was for Shitzu to re-negotiate upon purchase. They did not. Why? Because at the time it was serviceable. It has only become unserviceable due to their mismanagement which has resulted in two relegations.

Ian Coventry

Are you really blaming our current problems on the Council? Yes, the rent charged was excessive but that was for Shitzu to re-negotiate upon purchase. They did not. Why? Because at the time it was serviceable. It has only become unserviceable due to their mismanagement which has resulted in two relegations.
you forgot to mention that not only did they charge extortionate rents, but retained the naming rights and retained all the revenue from the ground, and refused to accept the CVA even though the alan higgs charity trust agreed to it and even though they got there £590.000 back in any case. resulting in us losing 10 points. how much has sisu put into this club so far ? how much has ACL/CCC put into the club its blatantly obvious one is putting money into the club and one was determined to take out as much as possible.

you forgot to mention that not only did they charge extortionate rents, but retained the naming rights and retained all the revenue from the ground, and refused to accept the CVA even though the alan higgs charity trust agreed to it and even though they got there £590.000 back in any case. resulting in us losing 10 points. how much has sisu put into this club so far ? how much has ACL/CCC put into the club its blatantly obvious one is putting money into the club and one was determined to take out as much as possible.

SISU have put jack shit into the club. It's all debt that the club owes them.

Their policy is everything for nothing; this was / is their plan for the Ricoh.

Tonylinc

Accepted; BUT all these issues should have been sorted on day one. They were not WHY? because Shitzu did not see them as a problem back then.

Tonylinc

Look; I can see that in order to return our club to the Championship or even higher we need to be in possession of ALL income from the stadium. I just do not trust Shitzu with outright ownership.

Quite. You simply cannot blame the Council for not doing a deal with them. Would you?

Who's to say they wouldn't sell the stadium on to people that don't want a football club as their tenants. We'd then be homeless all over again with no hope of return. There would be far more criticism for the Council from locals (not just City fans) for that.

Tonylinc

Tell me that I am wrong and that should they get control of the stadium then they will do the right thing for CCFC

Ian Coventry

Tell me that I am wrong and that should they get control of the stadium then they will do the right thing for CCFC
Yes you are wrong you are overlooking sisu' main goal and that is to make money for themselves, in order to do that they have to have a relatively successful football club, they didn't buy into coventry city because they like football or they like the club the only thing they want to do is make money, which ultimately will be good for coventry, when they eventually sell ccfc they will sell because they are going to make a lot of money, and they wont sell until that is the case.

ccfcway

Boothroyd / platt / o'donovan / deegan et al, could wel take them down

(sorry to talk on thread)

Tonylinc

Yes you are wrong you are overlooking sisu' main goal and that is to make money for themselves, in order to do that they have to have a relatively successful football club, they didn't buy into coventry city because they like football or they like the club the only thing they want to do is make money, which ultimately will be good for coventry, when they eventually sell ccfc they will sell because they are going to make a lot of money, and they wont sell until that is the case.
In the interim what rent would they charge for the right to play at the Ricoh?

There surely isn't a way forward for the club in Coventry under SISU now?

They are now focussing on what they really came for: acquisition of the stadium. If they got it, I think they would sell on, getting as much a return as they could before moving on.

The issue is in letting these people own a big source of local income and employment.

JimmyHillsbeard

Are you really blaming them for a relegation that happened 6 seasons before they came to the club?

Users who are viewing this thread