observer article (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

A temporary job for 2 hours a week for 20 weeks a year. So they earn £200 a year? Then they rent a house in Coventry? Oh dear..........

In fact;
http://www.jobnut.co.uk/jobs/coventry/Job-Tesco-Vacancy.html

Multiplier effect working everywhere but Coventry by the look of it. Perhaps they hop off to Bedworth to get their £230 worth of spend each.

You are not that thick that you can't understand how it works.

dongonzalos

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
So how many Coventry people will be getting jobs at Tesco because of Wasps? I mean like extra to what they would have been anyway?
3, their names are John Constsdine, Hamesh Dines and Sadar Patel.
Them getting their jobs will contribute an extra 420,000 to the Coventry Economy over 15 years. This is a multiplier effect of following the audit trail of where their earning go once they are spent. For example Sadar will employ local building firm the Kavanaghs on 3rd of April 2015 to build an extension.
The Kavanaghs intend to use the profit from this job on a car from the Nissan Garage near Spon End.
When they do that it gives Paul Jones his sales bonus. He will spend that in Eden on his wifes birthday on May 15th 2015. Helping a local business.

Sorry that I left out the detail before hope with these specifics it is clearer now.

TheOldFive

8bf0308e2145e6dcf8047e082c7f943a.jpg

Grendel

You are not that thick that you can't understand how it works.

It doesn't work for the odd occasion. Your chocolate box world of how plc's gleefully recruit extra staff when they are a little bit busier for a couple of hour is just wrong I'm afraid.

Even MMM the standard bearer for all things Wasps admits the £6 million is nonsense. You know the biggest contribution in the calculator don't you?

Grendel

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
So how many Coventry people will be getting jobs at Tesco because of Wasps? I mean like extra to what they would have been anyway?
3, their names are John Constsdine, Hamesh Dines and Sadar Patel.
Them getting their jobs will contribute an extra 420,000 to the Coventry Economy over 15 years. This is a multiplier effect of following the audit trail of where their earning go once they are spent. For example Sadar will employ local building firm the Kavanaghs on 3rd of April 2015 to build an extension.
The Kavanaghs intend to use the profit from this job on a car from the Nissan Garage near Spon End.
When they do that it gives Paul Jones his sales bonus. He will spend that in Eden on his wifes birthday on May 15th 2015. Helping a local business.

Sorry that I left out the detail before hope with these specifics it is clearer now.

No you have just made up shit to suit your argument.

Grendel

No shit
Makes the point though
Like I say you are not that stupid not to understand how it works. You just don't want to admit it.
Simple economics

Is it? Did you hear the councillor on the radio the other day admitting most people who attend these games actually never visit anything else in the city and go straight home?

Seem not to have answered the question. What's the highest percentage contributor of the alleged £6 million? Care to guess?

dongonzalos

Is it? Did you hear the councillor on the radio the other day admitting most people who attend these games actually never visit anything else in the city and go straight home?

Seem not to have answered the question. What's the highest percentage contributor of the alleged £6 million? Care to guess?

Don't care at all to be honest

Grendel

Don't care at all to be honest

Why not? It's a standard assumed calculation. What do you think? Huge earner for the local economy it is.

What about the guy who admitted no one visits the city - is he lying?

dongonzalos

I don't think anyone's lying

I just think you want to ignore simple economics because it doesn't suit your point.

If you genuinely do care and want to become better informed(my guess is you don't) have a read of 'economic impact analysis of sports facilities and events'

Pay particular reference to page 18 onwards

Last edited:

Grendel

I don't think anyone's lying
I just think you want to ignore simple economics because it doesn't suit your point.

But you haven't presented any evidence to support your argument.

The answer is fuel by the way it's in a standard calculator that's used for this

Users who are viewing this thread