Transfer Rumour O'Hare signs for (1 Viewer)

NortonSkyBlue

We've got several other crap players apparently, though simultaneously there's no excuse for our recent downturn in form and we should be comfortably sat in the top 6.
Mmm. That’s a point of view but look at the teams in this league. Top 6? I would say anything above relegation is realistic.

higgs

With our budget we can't afford an o hare who scores and sets up goals we have an o hare who gives 100% in every game never stops running gjad he's extended realistically we can't afford anyone better than him hopefully he kicks on now second half of season

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

clint van damme

Mmm. That’s a point of view but look at the teams in this league. Top 6? I would say anything above relegation is realistic.

Thats not my point of view, it's the point of view of others, I don't think it makes sense.
My prediction was between 12th and 8th, I stand by that and consider it progress.

Sky Blue Harry H

I see Swansea are after Matt Riley (MK Dons) a central midfielder. and Jamie Paterson has extended his contract by a year. They also have Matt Grimes and Flynn Downes in midfield. That's just off the top of my head - my point being, where does that leave Liam Walsh? Not sure where he is fitness/injury wise, but if Gus Hamer does leave, I'd be interested in revisiting this (although he will likely have 2 years left on his contract, and maybe wages will be prohibitive)

Legia Sky Blue

In my opinion, COH has been excellent and set the standard for graft and commitment, even without scoring. Fundamental to the team and style of play.

Gus has been good also and played his part. He hasn’t been outstanding though, particularly when you factor in the second half of last season. His is a higher barometer as he clearly does have the quality.

Any level headed fan doesn’t begrudge any player a step up. However, you want to see them perform and attract interest rather than ask to leave half way through their contract because they think they’re better without actually proving it consistently.

Fact is Gus isn’t at a club that keeps players against their will if a few quid is on the table. So no reason he can’t engineer a move by performing at his very best rather than asking to leave.

Of course, he may not have asked to leave and the rumour I heard may be bollocks as stated. I do wanna see more from him between now and the end of the season regardless.

Fair and reasoned post. As long as Hamer isn't pushing for a transfer in this window I really don't have a problem with him leaving in the Summer, when MR will have more time to reorganise and bring in a replacement. Unlike others I can see a lower end PL team taking a chance on him, based on potential as much as performance. If the likes of Norwood and Fleck can be PL regulars for a couple of seasons I don't see why Hamer couldn't do likewise. I think he has played alright this season, just needs to add a few more goals, which hopefully he can do, and therefore increase his profile and price tag for when he does leave.

skybluegod

With our budget we can't afford an o hare who scores and sets up goals we have an o hare who gives 100% in every game never stops running gjad he's extended realistically we can't afford anyone better than him hopefully he kicks on now second half of season

This argument really frustrates me. The reality is we don't want our best assets stagnating and not increasing in value. Yes of course if he was the complete player we wouldn't be able to keep hold of him, but our ' business model' isn't built around keeping players, it's built around them improving and moving on. Then bringing in ideally players to replace them and repeat.

It's great news that he has extended, he is key to our style of play, but in order to keep even having a chance of competing longer-term in this league we need him to go to the next level so that we can sell him for good money. Which can then at least in part be reinvested into the team. (Obviously most will go to covering costs/loans)

As Grendel has said on other threads our business model doesn't work in this league. So unless we sell I would say an asset a season for multi-million £ deals so that we can reinvest in a couple of other higher potential players then we will start to go backwards. At the moment O'Hare isn't worth a lot, fingers crossed he starts to find the net during the second half of the season to peak some interest in him.

stay_up_skyblues

This argument really frustrates me. The reality is we don't want our best assets stagnating and not increasing in value. Yes of course if he was the complete player we wouldn't be able to keep hold of him, but our ' business model' isn't built around keeping players, it's built around them improving and moving on. Then bringing in ideally players to replace them and repeat.

It's great news that he has extended, he is key to our style of play, but in order to keep even having a chance of competing longer-term in this league we need him to go to the next level so that we can sell him for good money. Which can then at least in part be reinvested into the team. (Obviously most will go to covering costs/loans)

As Grendel has said on other threads our business model doesn't work in this league. So unless we sell I would say an asset a season for multi-million £ deals so that we can reinvest in a couple of other higher potential players then we will start to go backwards. At the moment O'Hare isn't worth a lot, fingers crossed he starts to find the net during the second half of the season to peak some interest in him.

Spot on. The best (realistic) outcome is that he steps up and starts scoring the goals to get us in a better position. Then he gets his deserved move. End of next season after he’s notched 15 from midfield for £10m with add-ons would do nicely 👍🏻

Liquid Gold

I see Swansea are after Matt Riley (MK Dons) a central midfielder. and Jamie Paterson has extended his contract by a year. They also have Matt Grimes and Flynn Downes in midfield. That's just off the top of my head - my point being, where does that leave Liam Walsh? Not sure where he is fitness/injury wise, but if Gus Hamer does leave, I'd be interested in revisiting this (although he will likely have 2 years left on his contract, and maybe wages will be prohibitive)
Apparently his knee is fucked. I thought he'd join us in the summer but we got away with one there.

I heard recently Bristol would have kept him but their medical staff thought there was no hope.

Sky Blue Harry H

Apparently his knee is fucked. I thought he'd join us in the summer but we got away with one there.

I heard recently Bristol would have kept him but their medical staff thought there was no hope.

Real shame for the lad - I suppose we dodged a bullet there. Swansea will have 3 years of decent wages to fund, so can see that's why some long contracts can become a noose round a club's neck. Will always hold a place in City's fans hearts for that one great season,

Edit: just found this from the Swansea site at the beginning of January........

And more surprising, Liam Walsh who has featured a lot in those daily training routines hasn’t been seen for over a week. It could be Walsh has been diagnosed as Covid positive, although there is some speculation that due to his lack of game time he would prefer a move away from the swans this month. Again we wouldn’t be surprised if he is pushing for something away from Swansea this month. What we do know is if he is isolating then he is doing the best job we have seen from any swans player this season.

??? Interesting ???

Liquid Gold

Real shame for the lad - I suppose we dodged a bullet there. Swansea will have 3 years of decent wages to fund, so can see that's why some long contracts can become a noose round a club's neck. Will always hold a place in City's fans hearts for that one great season,

Edit: just found this from the Swansea site at the beginning of January........

And more surprising, Liam Walsh who has featured a lot in those daily training routines hasn’t been seen for over a week. It could be Walsh has been diagnosed as Covid positive, although there is some speculation that due to his lack of game time he would prefer a move away from the swans this month. Again we wouldn’t be surprised if he is pushing for something away from Swansea this month. What we do know is if he is isolating then he is doing the best job we have seen from any swans player this season.

??? Interesting ???
We got lucky in our L1 promotion as both he and Dabo were hobbled for the rest of the season just as it was called off. I daren't think about going into the run in without those two.

Terry_dactyl

Great news ... certainly lifted my spirits after grandson's been round ours all day but has just tested positive.
Fingers crossed mate. Seems to be no rhyme or reason as to who gets it. I had it recently and nobody in my family or anyone I was in contact with did.
Hope you’ve all dodged it and your grandson is ok.

Hertsccfc

Reading some of the posts on here, its amazing we've had such an unexpectedly good season with how crap Hamer and O'Hare have been :rolleyes:
And don't forget how Godden's crap as well, and no clubs in the Championship would want him and we should flog him off to League 1.

SheafIsGod

For someone with the username ‘Sheafisgod’, I find it highly surprising that you have the audacity to criticise arguably the most talented player at the club. This is good news. Enjoy the time we have him for man. We have a lot to be thankful for already given where we were before he arrived.
Sheaf is our best player.

higgs

Some lads on here have ran out of patience with him and want him dropped that won't do his sale value any good

Users who are viewing this thread