Games started: 33
Won: 7
Drawn: 11
Lost: 15

Games not started: 4
Won: 2
Drawn: 1
Lost: 1

As you can see, we have a 50% win record in games O'Hare hasn't been able to ruin every single attack from minute 1. Coincidence? I think not.

If you also take into account that the games he didn't start were against Middlesbrough (A), Reading (H), Cardiff (H) and Blackburn (A), all games that we would have been favourites to lose, I think these statistics are even more telling.

His overall stats:

Played: 37
Goals: 2
Assists: 5 (none until game week 24!!!)

Your messiah ladies and gentleman. We have persisted with a number 10 who is a detriment to the team and has an embarrassingly bad G/A record for 37 games. It is not working. Drop him and play him off the bench for the rest of the season. Then we might just stay up.

Brighton Sky Blue

As you can see, we have a 50% win record in games O'Hare hasn't been able to ruin every single attack from minute 1. Coincidence? I think not.

If you also take into account that the games he didn't start were against Middlesbrough (A), Reading (H), Cardiff (H) and Blackburn (A), all games that we would have been favourites to lose, I think these statistics are even more telling.

His overall stats:

Your messiah ladies and gentleman. We have persisted with a number 10 who is a detriment to the team and has an embarrassingly bad G/A record for 37 games. It is not working. Drop him and play him off the bench for the rest of the season. Then we might just stay up.

Yes mate let’s get yet another holding midfielder in for 5-4-1.

Evo1883

His overall stats:

giphy.gif

Malaka

I think that O'Hare is a raw talent, pretty much like Jodi Jones. When Jodi got injured we went on a decent run which got us to the play off's. Before anyone has a go at me, the talent of these two need to be nurtured. They are brave with the ball and will take on a player. Yes I think their decision making is at times poor, but you gotta love the excitement they bring and remember they would have better returns if they weren't constantly fouled. Callum must be the most fouled player in this league and that says a lot to me. Jodi if he can get over his current injury is going to be a terrific player, and don't we just love when a player runs at a defender?
Regardless of the stats I would play them, I love a trier, bravery and work rate.

D

Deleted member 11652

I think that O'Hare is a raw talent, pretty much like Jodi Jones. When Jodi got injured we went on a decent run which got us to the play off's. Before anyone has a go at me, the talent of these two need to be nurtured. They are brave with the ball and will take on a player. Yes I think their decision making is at times poor, but you gotta love the excitement they bring and remember they would have better returns if they weren't constantly fouled. Callum must be the most fouled player in this league and that says a lot to me. Jodi if he can get over his current injury is going to be a terrific player, and don't we just love when a player runs at a defender?
Regardless of the stats I would play them, I love a trier, bravery and work rate.

Difference is O’hare is proven in league 2, league 1 and now the championship.

Jones was proven in league 2 3/4 years ago and has barely played since. Even if a miracle happens and the Jones that returns is the same player as he was, he’s still only proven at league 2 level.

Sick Boy

CoH is on a completely different level to JJ.

Malaka

Jones was proven in league 2 3/4 years ago and has barely played since. Even if a miracle happens and the Jones that returns is the same player as he was, he’s still only proven at league 2 level.

I agree, the comparison was in style and approach

Grendel

I think it's unlikely that a sample size of 4 is going to register in any confidence test.

indeed as one player featured in 4 games of our L1 relegation year and we won all of them

Jamesimus

O.P. stats...

*Nearly all posts about O'Hare, none complimentary.
*Could be an envious Wesley Jobello or one of O'Hares many disgruntled lovers.
*A young Callum O'Hare once tried to copy his sister's maths homework and to this day, it still bothers him.

TM8792

How is O’Hare proven in the Championship? What has he done? Genuine question

Magwitch1

O’Hare has played imo mostly to a high standard in what has been very disjointed team, still a bit raw at times but this is only his second season he has missed chances, who hasn’t. He will improve on that.

oakey

Whilst disagreeing with the OP, I feel bringing COH off the bench in the latter stages is worth doing at times. He may be our best player but he is very wasteful at times. If we only have one up front COH is given too much to do so I would not start him unless we have 2 strikers or someone to genuinely share the load when playing a lone striker.

RegTheDonk

If you want to talk stats isn't he the most fouled person in the division? If he wins free kicks and other teams are obviously targetting him, surely that tells you he's more useful in the team than not.

procdoc

If you want to talk stats isn't he the most fouled person in the division? If he wins free kicks and other teams are obviously targetting him, surely that tells you he's more useful in the team than not.
He’d have more assists if the finishing was better as well tbh

Esoterica

He's often our only real outlet and is forced to look for those fouls. The danger is it can become a bad habit that can detract from his natural game if it happens over too long a period. It should improve with better players around him that he can play football with rather than having to buy free kicks to move us up the pitch. Another case of why it's so important we stay up this season or we'll never get to see the best of him.

Jamesimus

Nowt to do with us missing sitters pretty much weekly ...all callums fault

Think it's pretty unfair to say he misses sitters weekly. Yes his finishing needs to get better and there's a few where he should have done better.

Alongside the right players, in the right system, he'd be an asset to most championship teams. You can't say that about too many of our other players.

Esoterica

Think it's pretty unfair to say he misses sitters weekly. Yes his finishing needs to get better and there's a few where he should have done better.

Alongside the right players, in the right system, he'd be an asset to most championship teams. You can't say that about too many of our other players.
He's saying O'Hare would have more assists if the rest of the team didn't miss sitters weekly :)

stupot07

Whilst disagreeing with the OP, I feel bringing COH off the bench in the latter stages is worth doing at times. He may be our best player but he is very wasteful at times. If we only have one up front COH is given too much to do so I would not start him unless we have 2 strikers or someone to genuinely share the load when playing a lone striker.

I agree with that. The OP makes some valid points, his output is nowhere near good enough for a number 10. He may have had a 2-3 more assists had Biamous finishing been better but just 2 goals is really poor for the position he plays in.

I'm not entirely convinced he is a number 10 to be honest, and I think we miss the impact he gives from the bench. I'd like to see Allen given more of a run in an attacking midfield role.

There was a lot of talk last week comparing last seasons 4-1 win vs Wycombe to the dour 0-0. Interestingly, O'Hare was on the bench thay day, and Shipley and Westbrook were the 2 advanced in the box.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread