Oldskyblue Getting Very Warm (1 Viewer)

ohitsaidwalker king power

It is sad to see that Sisu have been allowed to dismantle this club for so long.....in no small part due to people clinging to the "there's no one else" fallacy....
I wonder who started that?

Radio Gaga, Radio Blah Blah?...:thinking about:

SkyblueBazza

I think he's probably right. I'm not going back til they leave. Time to get tough with SISU and drive them out.

You might not be the majority though...it's all an unknown. Crowds might not change at all...season tickets might not - we will just have to wait & see.

SkyblueBazza

It is sad to see that Sisu have been allowed to dismantle this club for so long.....in no small part due to people clinging to the "there's no one else" fallacy....
I wonder who started that?

At the moment there is no one else...it's interest...as someone pointed out earlier - the due diligence might scupper it yet. Sometimes so many people jump on to a bandwagon that the wheels come off, much to their collective surprise.
I don't know what the future holds in terms of ownership & stadiums & academies. I just want to watch my team, &/or sit full of nervous anticipation while they play & I listen on the radio.

@richh87

So just to be clear...

Given that at the moment we appear to be left with either the continuance of SISU, or the possibility of a takeover by Hoffman et al, am I correct in thinking that your preference would be to keep SISU?

Seems to be what he's suggesting. God knows how he thinks that's preferable, or what brilliant plan he has in mind as an alternative.

Whatever happens, he will say it wasn't what he wanted, because he never gets behind ANYONE.

@richh87

At the moment there is no one else...it's interest...as someone pointed out earlier - the due diligence might scupper it yet. Sometimes so many people jump on to a bandwagon that the wheels come off, much to their collective surprise.
I don't know what the future holds in terms of ownership & stadiums & academies. I just want to watch my team, &/or sit full of nervous anticipation while they play & I listen on the radio.

There is always someone else. No club our size has ever been left without an owner and forced to re-form. The situation we are in is unbearable; too unbearable to just go along with SISU for fear of nobody taking us over.

Flying Fokker

SISU's departure will boost ST sales by thousands. If they're still here in August crowds will drop even further and our chances of success will be minimal.

An optimist!:D

I think there will be 4k season tickets at best if SISU are still around. This season will have been a catalyst for many who wil now consider doing something else on Saturdays (Regardless of whether SISU is in charge or not).

Brighton Sky Blue

You are guessing there though aren't you?

You're right, I don't know for certain. But after this season especially I just think that with them still here even fewer people will be optimistic about next year-especially as they admitted to not wanting to put any more money in next season. If they go a lot of fans who were disillusioned to the point of not wanting to keep going will see it as a fresh start (I know I sure will), which I think would translate into a boost in crowds off that alone.

Brighton Sky Blue

An optimist!:D

I think there will be 4k season tickets at best if SISU are still around. This season will have been a catalyst for many who wil now consider doing something else on Saturdays (Regardless of whether SISU is in charge or not).

For this club to be getting less than 10k a week and failing to secure a top half finish in the third tier (even with the 10 points reinstated) is a damning indictment on their time in charge. I remain confident that they will not be here in August and that their removal alone will put bums on seats. Could be wrong though ;)

SkyblueBazza

There is always someone else. No club our size has ever been left without an owner and forced to re-form. The situation we are in is unbearable; too unbearable to just go along with SISU for fear of nobody taking us over.

"There is always someone else"...true...there was only that actually came through last time we were seeking new ownership though. We really must have learned that you have to be careful what we wish for?
If Haskell pulled out - what makes anyone think that with the existing terms any other party would be interested.
As for a club "our size"...smacks a bit of a Champagne Charlie attitude. If that's true we still need the likes of Walsall, Leyton Orient & Shrewsbury to rub our noses in it IMO because we are a LEAGUE 1 club. Nothing more. The rest is assumed potential.

SkyblueBazza

I meant that even if we hadn't inflicted a 10 point deduction on ourselves we'd still barely make the top half.

I think we would have been in or on the brink of the play-offs without all the other shenanigans that have occurred. Trouble is I think had we gone up this season we would have been where Sheff Weds are at best in the Championship.

Nonleagueherewecome

"There is always someone else"...true...there was only that actually came through last time we were seeking new ownership though. We really must have learned that you have to be careful what we wish for?
If Haskell pulled out - what makes anyone think that with the existing terms any other party would be interested.
As for a club "our size"...smacks a bit of a Champagne Charlie attitude. If that's true we still need the likes of Walsall, Leyton Orient & Shrewsbury to rub our noses in it IMO because we are a LEAGUE 1 club. Nothing more. The rest is assumed potential.

Last time we were saddled with a huge historical debt and were not available to purchase from Administration, with the relatively fresh start that brings. I really wish people would stop comparing our situation when SISU "bought" us to the present one, they are completely different! We got told "this is the only show in town", whereas in reality, if we had gone into administration, there would have potentially been more parties interested.

And of course we have potential, as did Southampton and other clubs that have found themselves below their natural level. Do you really think that Walsall and Orient have that potential?

The Reverend Skyblue

Sisu have sucked the very life out of the club
There is no moral left on, or off ,the pitch.
They have lied and lied again, and treated the fans of the club with utter contempt. How come for instance Fisher says a few weeks ago that most of the debt had been written off, then when they have to tell the truth in a court of law they say we still owe it.
This is just one small example of SISU/Fisher saying one thing which is a complete and utter lie
The fans have simply had enough and the damage they have done is beyond repair now
No fan will ever believe a word that comes out of their mouths from now.
If they offered 1500 free season tickets next year like Leyton Orient have, they would have trouble getting rid of them.

The lifeblood of the club have had enough of the lies and deceit, the games they play with our club, and the total mismanagement that has led us to the very brink of extinction.
How can they ever regain the trust of their greatest asset, us the fans. Its over SISU, go now and for the sake of our once great club do what the huge majority want you to do ,admit you messed up big time ,take your expertise and business model and put it into a new company/sector, and go as far away from Coventry you can.

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

You had me at "sucked", Rev...

SkyblueBazza

Last time we were saddled with a huge historical debt and were not available to purchase from Administration, with the relatively fresh start that brings. I really wish people would stop comparing our situation when SISU "bought" us to the present one, they are completely different! We got told "this is the only show in town", whereas in reality, if we had gone into administration, there would have potentially been more parties interested.

And of course we have potential, as did Southampton and other clubs that have found themselves below their natural level. Do you really think that Walsall and Orient have that potential?

"...In reality...there would have been other interested parties" - would you be happy with a.n.other owner that simply wants a club with potential (which I do agree we have significantly more of than Walsall & L.Orient - but we cannot beat them at the moment - so we MUST accept we ARE a slightly above average L1 club at present) ON THE CHEAP? PH4 I give credit to for stating he's willing to put his money where his mouth is by going public (but there will be conditions) - unlike these supposed "other interested parties" that you seem aware of from last time. However once PH4 does due diligence that might deter him. Everything is if/but/maybe at the moment.
For now, we're stuck with SISU & like it or not...they may still be here for a long time to come yet.

skybluericoh

You're right, I don't know for certain. But after this season especially I just think that with them still here even fewer people will be optimistic about next year-especially as they admitted to not wanting to put any more money in next season. If they go a lot of fans who were disillusioned to the point of not wanting to keep going will see it as a fresh start (I know I sure will), which I think would translate into a boost in crowds off that alone.

You will not know for sure, but I will be back if we get new owners, along with my brother, son, nephew and son inlaw, so maybe not thousands but a least 5 lapse ST holders.

Brighton Sky Blue

"...In reality...there would have been other interested parties" - would you be happy with a.n.other owner that simply wants a club with potential (which I do agree we have significantly more of than Walsall & L.Orient - but we cannot beat them at the moment - so we MUST accept we ARE a slightly above average L1 club at present) ON THE CHEAP? PH4 I give credit to for stating he's willing to put his money where his mouth is by going public (but there will be conditions) - unlike these supposed "other interested parties" that you seem aware of from last time. However once PH4 does due diligence that might deter him. Everything is if/but/maybe at the moment.
For now, we're stuck with SISU & like it or not...they may still be here for a long time to come yet.

Tim Fisher wasn't authorised to accept a new rent agreement if it meant that SISU would still have to put money in to cover losses-that says to me that they will likely not be here next season. I can't stomach them any longer and importantly I think finally their patience has run out too.

Brighton Sky Blue

I think we would have been in or on the brink of the play-offs without all the other shenanigans that have occurred. Trouble is I think had we gone up this season we would have been where Sheff Weds are at best in the Championship.

We have squandered 33 points from winning positions this season and didn't win one of the first 10 games. Says to me that we should be in the automatics-but everything about this season, from us even being in this league to throwing away more points than anyone in England, can be attributed to incompetence at the top. Retaining blubber boy Thorn set the tone and we haven't recovered.

I would rather be fighting for survival in the Championship because even though that was insulting to watch last season it's still a damn sight better than watching us doubled by Shrewsbury fecking Town.

Flying Fokker

Tim Fisher wasn't authorised to accept a new rent agreement if it meant that SISU would still have to put money in to cover losses-that says to me that they will likely not be here next season. I can't stomach them any longer and importantly I think finally their patience has run out too.
That was probably the plan. SISU knew they would put the club in to admin so stopped paying the rent. Hope it all backfires on them.

letsallsingtogether

SISU's departure will boost ST sales by thousands. If they're still here in August crowds will drop even further and our chances of success will be minimal.
Well at the moment we have the lowest season ticket holders in the football league ZERO............
Where would you buy one
Where would you use it
Who will you be supporting :thinking about:

cofastreecity

Due diligence? Surely two hours on here and eight back copies of the CET would cover that?

Yes, that would help, but not sure about the CET though, as Les Reid not to bright when it comes to investigatory journalism, as if he was he would have an exclusive by now, rather than stupid balloon stories. Whilst Old Sky Blue gets much warmer, Reid is as cold as Hectors nose.

SkyblueBazza

We have squandered 33 points from winning positions this season and didn't win one of the first 10 games. Says to me that we should be in the automatics-but everything about this season, from us even being in this league to throwing away more points than anyone in England, can be attributed to incompetence at the top. Retaining blubber boy Thorn set the tone and we haven't recovered.

I would rather be fighting for survival in the Championship because even though that was insulting to watch last season it's still a damn sight better than watching us doubled by Shrewsbury fecking Town.

"Squandered 33 points" & "we should be in the automatics" is unsound logic. IMO it says we are not good enough yet to rise up from this league...that is the REASON we are where we are. You are offering excuses.

Florence1898

TF was not authorised? I thought he was the Director of CCFCL and CCFCHL, are you saying as Director of the Football Club, O by the way the only Director of the one holding the League Share, he is not authorised to agree a deal? he apparently told the ACL Board he was? does this mean someone is acting as a SHADOW DIRECTOR? VERY SERIOUS IF THAT'S THE CASE

Brighton Sky Blue

TF was not authorised? I thought he was the Director of CCFCL and CCFCHL, are you saying as Director of the Football Club, O by the way the only Director of the one holding the League Share, he is not authorised to agree a deal? he apparently told the ACL Board he was? does this mean someone is acting as a SHADOW DIRECTOR? VERY SERIOUS IF THAT'S THE CASE

He was authorised to do so if the deal meant that SISU didn't have to put in any more.

cloughie

Only serious for rodney fisher but as he is already a director it has no bearing as I understand it.

A shadow director is someone who is making the decisions whilst not actually a director but because they are making the decisions could be liable as if they were a director. ( in simple terms)

Last edited:

Florence1898

Exactely, was the person pulling the strings a Director or not, simple really, he TF could not make a decision, which I clearly could not, then who is the decision maker and is she a Director of CCFCL?

lordsummerisle

Exactely, was the person pulling the strings a Director or not, simple really, he TF could not make a decision, which I clearly could not, then who is the decision maker and is she a Director of CCFCL?

Clearly Fisher can't be blamed, as a mere Director and Chairman there is nothing he can do about it, and only been in just over a year or so.

Users who are viewing this thread