Online/Radio coverage (1 Viewer)

ClarkeZ

As the Wasps have taken over BBC C&W anyone know where we can listen to the match coverage on radio or online?

skybluesam66

dont bother
today Eakin referenced stephen hendry the snooker player as an ex footballer (then realised is mistake and said Steve hendrie is not lee hendrie )
he had mowbray playing up front for us - received a through ball from cole
and kept saying how well we were playing
dont usually listen ,and wont bother again for a while

Nick

Administrator
dont bother
today Eakin referenced stephen hendry the snooker player as an ex footballer (then realised is mistake and said Steve hendrie is not lee hendrie )
he had mowbray playing up front for us - received a through ball from cole
and kept saying how well we were playing
dont usually listen ,and wont bother again for a while

His mind was probably on Wasps.

stupot07

Eakin and Linnell went ultra defensive when one of the callers told them we weren't interested in wasps and why do they keep talking about them on our post match phone in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

Eakin and Linnell went ultra defensive when one of the callers told them we weren't interested in wasps and why do they keep talking about them on our post match phone in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
Well you have to ask yourselves, is the phone in for us or for all local teams and sports?

In my experience every single call in living memory has been about Coventry City, so yep, any talk about Wasps or whoever should be kept to a very minimum.

chiefdave

Well you have to ask yourselves, is the phone in for us or for all local teams and sports?

There's a small clue in the name of the show, Sky Blues phone in. They do separate shows on CWR for non-league, speedway and ice hockey.

Hobo

Couldn't get my digital radio to tune in on the FM channel. It kept finding the Leicester game though.

Nick

Administrator
Funny really when you pay for Sky Blues Player, you would expect it to be all about them. Not the commentators getting excited over Wasps every 5 / 10 minutes.

Esoterica

The whole time you listen it's every 5/10 minutes?

It was pretty regular as it annoyed me too, especially when they already have the Wasps commentary on DAB for radio listeners. I was perhaps more annoyed as I pay for Sky Blue Player and we were getting beat but they did also score a lot of tries yesterday too. They do also give updates on all other footy goals as they go in.

The Gentleman

Yesterday during the game pretty much. Then a big chunk at half time.

Hey Nick, here's one for you. There are some Cov fans who also like Wasps (tin hat for the drama queens) and although they are more Cov fans than Wasps fans, I'm sure while they listen to Cov they like to be kept upto speed with how Wasps were getting on yesterday in such a big match for them. Or would you rather just lose those Cov fans completely to Wasps? I'm on about yesterday by the way.

Otis

Hey Nick, here's one for you. There are some Cov fans who also like Wasps (tin hat for the drama queens) and although they are more Cov fans than Wasps fans, I'm sure while they listen to Cov they like to be kept upto speed with how Wasps were getting on yesterday in such a big match for them. Or would you rather just lose those Cov fans completely to Wasps? I'm on about yesterday by the way.
Well I would just say, the station covers local sport and so we have:

Coventry City
Coventry Rugby Club
Coventry Blaze
Coventry Bees
Bedworth United
Nuneaton Town
Rugby
Leamington.

And then we have

Wasps.

Can you see what is missing? Coventry, Rugby, Bedworth, Nuneaton, Leamington ...........

letsallsingtogether

Coventry City
Coventry Rugby Club
Coventry Blaze
Coventry Bees
Bedworth United
Nuneaton Town
Rugby
Leamington.

And then we have

Wasps.

Can you see what is missing? Coventry, Rugby, Bedworth, Nuneaton, Leamington ...........

Yes
I mean Fancy calling them the Coventry Bees when they play in Warwickshire

That was Nige....the phone in is just not the same without one of his random outbursts or opinions IMO.

Sick Boy

I can't imagine Northampton fans coming out with such bollocks about us.

Astute

Funny really when you pay for Sky Blues Player, you would expect it to be all about them. Not the commentators getting excited over Wasps every 5 / 10 minutes.

I also have SBP. We are paying to listen to a radio station when not near Coventry when they switch off because of live sport. If you feel so bad about them mentioning Wasps can you still listen to any other radio station for the sport? I used to listen to our opponents local station on it. Better commentary and you get a better perspective. And these days no mention of Wasps.

The Gentleman

Coventry City
Coventry Rugby Club
Coventry Blaze
Coventry Bees
Bedworth United
Nuneaton Town
Rugby
Leamington.

And then we have

Wasps.

So because some on here and I'm sure they're others in Coventry with the same view as people like Nick, Wasps shouldn't get mentioned? Whether we like it or not, Wasps are here, they are our landlords, they are a high profile and fairly successful team so it's no surprise they get mentioned on sports shows. I personally couldn't give a toss, to me I would just view it as background noise. It's like when people moaned like fuck about Wasps signs at the Ricoh. When to me they are no different to advertisement signs. Far more important things to think about.

Moff

So because some on here and I'm sure they're others in Coventry with the same view as people like Nick, Wasps shouldn't get mentioned? Whether we like it or not, Wasps are here, they are our landlords, they are a high profile and fairly successful team so it's no surprise they get mentioned on sports shows. I personally couldn't give a toss, to me I would just view it as background noise. It's like when people moaned like fuck about Wasps signs at the Ricoh. When to me they are no different to advertisement signs. Far more important things to think about.

If you dont give a fuck and view it as back ground noise, why are you making your point and turning up the volume?
Like you say far more important things to think about.

The Gentleman

Took you a lot of thought that. Keep the noise up.

Actually just a couple of seconds. But what's wrong, are you annoyed I didn't include you for a menage a trois? And I will keep it up, I like noise. I'm listening to some nice noise just now, Jessie Ware.

Moff

Actually just a couple of seconds. But what's wrong, are you annoyed I didn't include you for a menage a trois? And I will keep it up, I like noise. I'm listening to some nice noise just now, Jessie Ware.

Wow a couple of seconds that long.
Not annoyed just amused. Keep the noise up.

Users who are viewing this thread