Opening day of the season memories (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

97/98 season had a season ticket with my mate on the McDonald's family stand block q row t
Seats 25 &26
Highfield road bathed in sunshine Dion scoring a Hatrick against Chelsea
Straight to the courtyard after
Mortgage marriage children and bills were waayy off
To be honest the 97/98 season was pretty good for home results
Bar the draw against Sheffield Utd in the cup

christonabike

Agree Daz that was one that stuck in my memory! First game at the Ricoh was great but who would of thought it would of turned to dog shit afterwards.:meh:

Sky_Blue_Daz

I remember the optimism of moving to the Ricoh
First home game against QPR I took my cousin sadly he's passed away since (rip )
Dele was fantastic that day if memory serves me right

Pipehitterz

Agree Daz that was one that stuck in my memory! First game at the Ricoh was great but who would of thought it would of turned to dog shit afterwards.:meh:
had a wedding at 4is that day, gave my season ticket to a nephew, i actually parked up my car in tesco and listened to the first goal go in, sounded great, gutted me out massively

first day of the season game that sticks in my mind was 3-0 loss at highfield road to nottingham forest, what a shitter that one was

SkyBlueScottie

97, Dions hattrick, the following year where Huckerby and Dion terrorised Desailly and LeBeouf was more memorable for me. I was resigned to missing the game due to being in Ibiza on a lads holiday, walking down the street on the Saturday morning saw a sign that a bar was showing the game live, sat in there and watched the game, a great day.

Seamus1

Definitely remember 97/98 opening day. That was a great day on the whole. Damon Hill qualified third at the Hungarian Hrand Prix in an Arrows, saw Coventry beat Chelsea and then off to watch a band in the evening...a memorable day.

Also remember the Arsenal away victory: was going on a family holiday to Devon as the scores were coming in over the radio

SkyBlueSid

The opening day in 1975/6 was quite memorable. We had a tough opener at Everton and didn't have much hope as they were still a decent team then and very tough to beat at Goodison Park. But City performed out of their skins and won 4-1 with a David Cross hat-trick. On the way home we were getting a bit carried away with talk of a challenge for Europe and so on, but it didn't last, of course.

Irish Sky Blue

The opening day in 1975/6 was quite memorable. We had a tough opener at Everton and didn't have much hope as they were still a decent team then and very tough to beat at Goodison Park. But City performed out of their skins and won 4-1 with a David Cross hat-trick. On the way home we were getting a bit carried away with talk of a challenge for Europe and so on, but it didn't last, of course.

I was at that game too. Everton fans making lots of noise before the game, half empty, very quiet Goodison by the end. I think David Cross scored a hat trick in the last game of the season too, away at Burnley. Could do with a David Cross type centre forward now!

Users who are viewing this thread