Orient look doomed (1 Viewer)

standupforcity

Remaining games for Orient:

MK Dons (A)
Rochdale (A)
Sheff Utd (H)
Swindon (A)

Otis

Colchester are doomed too, as they still have Swindon and Preston to play.

You would also have to say that Notts County need to get something against Crawley this weekend, as their next game is against Preston.

Looking at other fixtures I think we may already may end up just about be safe. These teams behind us have to make the points up and some have very difficult games ahead of them.

Otis

On paper it's mission impossible, but then again. They haven't lost away to any of the top 8 teams.
This table visualize it: http://www.statto.com/football/teams/leyton-orient

There is also the thing that sometimes once top 6 teams know they have secured their play-off place and can't go up automatically, they take their foot off the pedal.

Sheff Utd lost at Yeovil last night. They are pretty much guaranteed top 6.

Last edited:

Godiva

Colchester are doomed too, as they still have Swindon and Preston to play.

You would also have to say that Notts County need to get something against Crawley this weekend, as their next game is against Preston.

Looking at other fixtures I think we may already may end up just about be safe. These teams behind us have to make the points up and some have very difficult games ahead of them.

I agree. I still believe the cut-off will be 50pts.

Otis

I agree. I still believe the cut-off will be 50pts.

If we are still 4 points ahead with 2 games to go, it's going to pretty much mean teams having to win their last 2 games to catch us. And as Clive Eakin said last night, it's not just the amount of points we are ahead, you also have to look at how many teams are below us. That's quite a number of teams that have to overtake us.

standupforcity

There is also the thing that sometimes once top 6 teams know they have secured their play-off place and can't go up automatically, they take their foot off the pedal.

Sheff Utd lost at Yeovil last night. They are pretty much guaranteed top 6.

And let's hope Bristol do just that on Saturday...

Otis

And let's hope Bristol do just that on Saturday...

They may will.

I can't believe for a single second that the players aren't out celebrating this week leading up to Saturday's game.

I believe we are in with a chance. Just wish we had a bleedin goalscorer though.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Colchester will go down, I'm very confident they won't catch us anyway.
Leyton Orient have got a massive task but Rochdale are beatable and Sheffield united have slipped up often this season.
Notts County need to win after 5 draws on the bounce
It's yet to be seen how Crawley will respond to the 5-0 loss, the loss of Richard Wood looks massive for them.

At the moment I'd say its 4 of the bottom 5 going down

skybluearmy88

I don't buy that Bristol City will go easy on us. If they beat us on Saturday they are crowned champions. Might even get presented the trophy infront of there own fans. So really can't see them taking us lightly.

mrtrench

We are better defensively these days. They may not score against us.

Otis

I don't buy that Bristol City will go easy on us. If they beat us on Saturday they are crowned champions. Might even get presented the trophy infront of there own fans. So really can't see them taking us lightly.

I don't think they will 'go easy on us' but that's not to say that they might not be quite so sharp after knowing they have done it and have been out celebrating.

They won't go easy on us, but just maybe they won't quite be as focused as they should be (lots of crowd waving perhaps and a bit of showboating).

Not saying it's going to happen, but it is possible.

And we all know they 'are' champions. they are 10 points clear. No-one will catch them and they know it.

skybluesam66

been through the remaining matches for all of the teams, and i think 1 more point does it
Cant see that coming this weekend, so need it against crewe, as wouldnt fancy going to crawley last day still needing a point

Otis

Colchester will go down, I'm very confident they won't catch us anyway.
Leyton Orient have got a massive task but Rochdale are beatable and Sheffield united have slipped up often this season.
Notts County need to win after 5 draws on the bounce
It's yet to be seen how Crawley will respond to the 5-0 loss, the loss of Richard Wood looks massive for them.

At the moment I'd say its 4 of the bottom 5 going down

And possibly Crewe too, as they have such a poor goal difference.

BackRoomRummermill

At this stage of the season the form book goes out of the window, don't write anyone off and don't assume we are safe , you could well be disappointed

Otis

At this stage of the season the form book goes out of the window, don't write anyone off and don't assume we are safe , you could well be disappointed

Not saying we are safe, but 4 points ahead with so few games left is a massive ask for those below us.

Yep, and the form book does go out of the window (Chesterfield 6 v 0 Colchester) . ;)

covcity4life

bring on brizzle i say

i think we will be safe regardless. i wanna see us go there and play our best and see how far off we are the best team in the league.

SkyBlue_Bear83

been through the remaining matches for all of the teams, and i think 1 more point does it
Cant see that coming this weekend, so need it against crewe, as wouldnt fancy going to crawley last day still needing a point

I think one more point should be enough after 46 games with our GD but I don't think it would make us mathematically safe going into the final game

rupert_bear

I think we will go into the Crewe game needing a point to be sure of safety and I think Crewe could be in the same boat so a spirited 0-0 could be on the cards.

SkyBlueHomer

i wanna see us go there and play our best and see how far off we are the best team in the league.

I dont think we are now that far off them now under TM. If we had someone who has a rough idea where the goal is and how to hit it last nights game and Colchester would have been over by half time.

Let get the next week over with and see what happens, still think a win against Crewe will be needed to make us 100% safe

Captain Dart

Users who are viewing this thread