Our average attendance (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
What excuses are people using other than being pissed off with the footy or hating the owners out of interest? That's surely the only excuses being used?

It's becoming ridiculous - people who hate SISU (NOPM) I can understand. People who think the football is shite and not worth the ticket price - I understand that. People who still go - I applaud you.

Why the hate amongst fans?

What about the people who keep banging on SISU taking all of the ticket money, fans who go being mugs etc. It really will end up like Sixfields MKII when people get stick for going to watch their team play.

If people don't want to go because they are fed up of their weekends being ruined being annoyed, if they have a new job, if they move away, if they have a baby and all of that stuff I fully understand. What I don't understand is claiming they aren't going because they want to starve SISU, then being the first in line to moan about wage budgets and investment etc.

Rodders1

It doesn't mean people like it, I hate losing. I hated losing when I was a kid.

I also don't go to support the owners or a limited company, just CCFC, the same CCFC I have done since I was born.

I'd love a Rich Arab to come in and buy us as a play thing and say "Heres 200m, fill your boots, dont worry about paying it back if the gamble fails". It's all well and good saying how SISU should be ploughing loads of money in, but we have seen what happens when the club spends money it doesn't have or generate it's self. Look at what Brighton have done, they have had losses of £25m in the last year, they lost more than they turned over. It's a huge gamble if they don't get promoted off it all isn't it?

Do people really expect anybody other than somebody mega rich or a massive CCFC fan to plough loads of money in and not want it back?
Agreed. But SISU need to be more transparent. Thousands of fans do not believe that the way they run the club is in the clubs interests. Hence they do not come.

It's the sale of players who have hardly played any games for us to get a quick buck. The lack of a full squad of players of medium length contracts.

It does smack of no long term planning and hence raising any chance of success.

Nick

Administrator
Agreed. But SISU need to be more transparent. Thousands of fans do not believe that the way they run the club is in the clubs interests. Hence they do not come.

It's the sale of players who have hardly played any games for us to get a quick buck. The lack of a full squad of players of medium length contracts.

It does smack of no long term planning and hence raising any chance of success.

How are SISU getting a quick buck though?

Whether you like the answers or not they could be seen as being transparent, they have said if the club doesn't generate enough money then players might need to be sold. People won't like it, but that's pretty straight forward.

Brylowes

I understand people not wanting to go, I understand people who hate our owners, (I wouldn't understand it if people didn't hate are owners), but I can't understand people wanting us to lose and go bust and I can't understand people slating those that go.
Since I first went in the 70s I have supported CCFC, not sisu, not Derek Robbins, not Brian Richardson, not John Poyton, not Ray Ranson - just CCFC and I'll continue to do so.
And if I do get pissed off enough to knock it on the head, I'll say so, not make up some bullshit excuse.
I'm not and never have been NOPM (Sixfields aside) and I do think some use it as
An excuse not to go, but I also think some are genuinely NOPM and will return if
SISU leave. Now whether you agree with that stance or not , I think some on here
Are paying them a diservice by dismissing them out of hand, and basically calling
Them liars.

clint van damme

I'm not and never have been NOPM (Sixfields aside) and I do think some use it as
An excuse not to go, but I also think some are genuinely NOPM and will return if
SISU leave. Now whether you agree with that stance or not , I think some on here
Are paying them a diservice by dismissing them out of hand, and basically calling
Them liars.

without doubt, and I fully respect that stance and would not dismiss those who are genuinely NOPM.
But there are those who seem to hate CCFC and just come on here to attack those who go. I'm fairly sure that even if sisu fucked off tomorrow they wouldn't even watch the sheff utd game on telly.

Irish Sky Blue

Thing is people carry on in blind hope that one day we'll turn a corner, (not just at CCFC but at all but the handful of clubs who actually achieve anything).

Rational people who wouldn't apply that type illogical of mindset to any other aspect of their life, it's what been a supporter is all about.
The thing is that all clubs seem to have success at some stage, winning league 1 or league 2, getting to the play offs, having a good cup run. We have had nothing, for thirty years. The years before 1987 were pretty barren too, hence the 40 years statistic. I think that we are the least successful club in the league over the past 50 years in terms of wins achieved. I, like most people who still go I am sure, carry on going in the so far vain hope that something good will happen to us. While Sisu are here all hope is gone.

Irish Sky Blue

Whether you like the answers or not they could be seen as being transparent, they have said if the club doesn't generate enough money then players might need to be sold. People won't like it, but that's pretty straight forward.
If there is one thing that Sisu are not, it is transparent. Lies, misinformation and no information are their watch words.They are responsible for trying to create a winning, entertaining team. They are responsible for making a visit to the Ricoh an enjoyable experience. They have dismally failed in these areas. The fact that less and less people go is directly down to them and their policies. So yes they are right to say, we will have to sell if gates go down. However you have to recognise that inevitably gates have gone down and will continue to fall directly because of them. What do Sisu do encourage an expanding fan base?

Rodders1

When we were flying high last season we were getting big crowds. They surely didn't have to sell madison. It was reported that he didn't want to go. He must have played only 40 games with us under our ownership. It's short term profit for no long term game. They didn't sell him for CCFC interests IMO.

You probably will have heard of the "knowledge of crowds" theory being one that states the majority usually makes the correct decision. Well the majority of the sky blue fans have gone - don't turn up now.

Am I and you a couple of the only fools who are still going!?

Imagine if we had kept him / Wilson etc for one / two seasons more. Might not have been possible but I bet they didn't try at all.

torchomatic

Plenty were also happy when we were at sixfields.
Sorry but they are all arsehole.

No one was happy about it. As bad as "so you're happy with SISU then?" in the lazy retort stakes.

torchomatic

Just go back what we're the comments?
Ask your mate Torch he had a few choice ones.

Ah so it was me who was happy was it? Please do repeat some of my jolly happy posts about life in Northampton.

Users who are viewing this thread