Our Club (1 Viewer)

SIR ERNIE

As a lifelong fan, I despair at our current predicament and share a common desire to see CCFC playing at the Ricoh as soon as possible.

Will that ever happen?

Here’s my take on where we are:

Seppala has one objective; freehold ownership of the Ricoh and she will not pay anything close to the market value, which makes all this talk of ‘get a valuation CCC and sell it to SISU’ irrelevant.

The Ricoh for peanuts is what she’s promised her investors. Invest a million and I will turn it into five, ten million. It might take me a few years but it’ll be worth waiting for.

She also knows for sure that there’s no chance of it being sold at a below-market-value price, so logically therefore, she aims to get it by other means. Distressing CCC/ACL.

I subscribe to the recent 200% blog view, that Seppala’s plan is to ratchet up the pressure on CCC/ACL over the coming months and years via a succession of acrimonious and increasingly costly legal actions in the belief that at some point they will buckle and settle out of court with the Ricoh as the prize. The end justifies the means. Classic Machiavellianism. Until that time arrives, we will remain in Northampton and the fans probably face several more years of misery ahead.

So on that basis CCFC might be back at the Ricoh in a few years time with SISU as owners. What happens after that who knows? Maybe they will invest heavily in the club and the future will be rosy. For me, SISU and rosy future don’t go together. I don’t trust them. I want rid of them.

Given that the FL don’t have the stomach to get involved, it seems to me that there can only be an alternative to the above scenario once Seppala either

a) Has the prize taken out of her reach, by CCC selling the Ricoh at market value to someone other than SISU. Where would that leave Seppala? Where would that leave CCFC?

b) Loses the support of her investors and with it, her fighting fund. This is the only one which the fans can influence in my opinion. Low attendances at Sixfields will be putting increased pressure on investors funds and perhaps their patience as they see their investments being ploughed into the running costs of the football club. I doubt they will allow that to continue indefinitely.

A seriously depressing picture and I feel sure things will get worse before they get better.

valiant15

What would happen if the council say to sisu we'll never sell you the freehold ever?

We all know the new ground is bullshit so would sisu walk away knowing there's no chance of a return on their investment,would sisu liquidate the club,would sisu try and franchise us into rushdens old ground? ????

J

Jack Griffin

What would happen if the council say to sisu we'll never sell you the freehold ever?

We all know the new ground is bullshit so would sisu walk away knowing there's no chance of a return on their investment,would sisu liquidate the club,would sisu try and franchise us into rushdens old ground? ????

Max Griggs (owner Doc Martens) couldn't make Rushden a success without losing money, he pulled out when he switched production from factory near Rushden to Far East.
It is not exactly in the middle of nowhere, but it isn't terribly near a large conurbation that hasn't already got a club. So no, that isn't practical.

StevieM

I really wish that the council would sell the Ricoh to another party-what could Seppalla do then, sue the new owner, sue the council for selling to someone else?

That would really piss on her chips, lumbered with a division 3 club with a conference fanbase and a shed load of debt, angry investors....just right for the new stadium owner to make derisory (£1) offer to relieve her of the club :thinking about:?

Just my opinion PUSB

J

Jack Griffin

Depends, if ACL no longer existed & was liquidated, could they sue the former shareholders/directors? Is there a statute of limitations.

James Smith

I really wish that the council would sell the Ricoh to another party-what could Seppalla do then, sue the new owner, sue the council for selling to someone else?

That would really piss on her chips, lumbered with a division 3 club with a conference fanbase and a shed load of debt, angry investors....just right for the new stadium owner to make derisory (£1) offer to relieve her of the club :thinking about:?

Just my opinion PUSB

They would have to put it out on general sale as I think has been mentioned before, they couldn't just offer it to someone else. If they did that and SISU were the highest bidder then they'd get the Ricoh. If Seppala put in a low ball offer and they weren't the winners, then yes they'd be stuffed. SISU would probably then attack the sale process in court so the council would have to be bloody careful that they stayed within the letter of the law and then some.

Last edited:

Sub

its no longer our club hasnt been for a long time SISU and the FL have seen to that

Users who are viewing this thread