Our most underrated player is….. (1 Viewer)

fatso

Jun 19, 2017
Gyokeres for me. Actually a really good player who doesn’t get enough credit from our fans. He was probably the best striker we could’ve gotten for one million
Only 2 games in, but he's looking the part.
(Except for the piss poor penalty that your granny would of saved)
He works hard, puts himself about and looks a genuine threat. He could be on 3 goals at least by now if his finishing was a bit better!
(So could O'hare though) I'd like to see Gyokeres and Walker up front as our first choice pairing, once Walkers shoulder is sorted.

Samo

Jul 6, 2012
I think it will be Ben Sheaf

I have a feeling you might be right.
Although Gyokeres is a good shout too.
There will be a thread on here about one or both in a few years about how we should spend the Sheaf/Gyokeres millions.
(I am a natural optimist 😁)

Esoterica

Aug 21, 2013
Czech Republic
Gyo has got plenty of good attributes without being outstanding at anything in particular and not sure he has the touch or technique to ever be a clinical striker, he just seems to me to be a bit too clumsy in vital moments. I do think he'll improve and we'll get our money's worth but is the kind of player that will have to always work hard at his game to do so. Think he'll be a confidence player too, can see him having spells of scoring 5 goals in 5 games and then 0 in 10 after. Would be excellent if he gets the full backing of the SBA tonight.

PVA

Apr 22, 2011
Probably get some abuse for this, but Hyam.

Nowhere near as bad as (some) people make out.

Had a sticky spell in the middle of last season but to be fair who didn't? He was very good and the start and end of the season.

Tommo1993

Apr 14, 2019

Had a sticky spell in the middle of last season but to be fair who didn't? He was very good and the start and end of the season.

Seconded.

Esoterica

Aug 21, 2013
Czech Republic

Will be interesting to see which of Hyam and Rose gets the RCB slot if JCS gets picked.

Hertsccfc

Apr 29, 2018

Absolutely. Was clearly McCallum last year, but this year I would say Hyam, although I don't think he has started the season as well as he ended the last.

I also feel people underestimate how good Dabo and Rose are. They were both hampered so much by injuries last season but are excellent players.

DannyThomas_1981

Jun 28, 2017
Godden I feel is currently under-rated by many given the injury problems last season - hoping to see him firing again this season. Very clinical and his positional play is excellent.

Reactions: Saddlebrains

The Philosopher

Jan 16, 2014
Ben Wilson.

Team Player - happy to not be the automatic no.1 but hasn’t got sniffy about it.

Comes over as a genuine lad and laugh on interviews / podcasts.

Never underestimate someone who is a genuine team player - even on the bench.

CDK

May 11, 2021
If gyo can score 15 goals a season that will be a not bad return.
Walker and godden can get near double figures we will be better off than last season.

Users who are viewing this thread