Our position (1 Viewer)

Old Warwickshire lad

The way I remember it, pre season the majority of this board said they would be happy with us three from the bottom of the league.
Thats exactly where we are. So why are so many calling for the manager to be sacked, and players to bombed out of the club?

Nick

Administrator
The way I remember it, pre season the majority of this board said they would be happy with us three from the bottom of the league.
Thats exactly where we are. So why are so many calling for the manager to be sacked, and players to bombed out of the club?

Have you been watching our games?

Are many asking for Robins to be sacked?

Skybluefaz

Point me in the direction of someone on here who has asked for the manager to be sacked? Facebook doesn't count, they shove food up their arse and shit out their mouth.

matesx

So why are so many calling for the manager to be sacked, and players to bombed out of the club?

you wot m8?

AOM

I also think people were happy for us to just avoid relegation/finish 21st at the end of the season, but our form at the moment would suggest we may fall into the bottom 3 in November/December if we're not careful

Nick

Administrator
It's strange that somebody would make things up that haven't been said to try and prove a strange point.

It's nearly as strange as Sky banging on about Southampton going top of the League for a few hours in November like they have won it.

It's November, saying we aren't in the relegation spot now is pointless. The method in which we are losing games at the minute needs to change. Robins needs to alter his thinking in some games and have a plan B, the same as working on some of the silly mistakes.

Old Warwickshire lad

Have you been watching our games?

Are many asking for Robins to be sacked?

Bit of a technophobe so can’t show posts .
But this is what I am reading on here.
Defence are clowns and will take us down. Suddenly the keeper is sh** because he can’t save pens. Sheaf is **** Biamou,Ohare Shipley are all out of their depth. Hammer is a liability. Robins can’t pick a side that can defend.
We all know we don’t have money to spend ,so let’s back the manager and team and hope we stay up.

Magwitch

Defence are clowns and will take us down. Suddenly the keeper is sh** because he can’t save pens. Sheaf is **** Biamou,Ohare Shipley are all out of their depth. Hammer is a liability. Robins can’t pick a side that can defend.
We all know we don’t have money to spend ,so let’s back the manager and team and hope we stay up.

Magwitch

We need to start our season again from after this latest international break, dust ourselves down get our players fit and ready to go, 35 games left we need to win a third and draw a third minimum, our opening 11 fixtures have been mostly against the better teams, we have played well against most but slipped up here and there. I’m still confident we have the players and ability to do that.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

we need to win a third and draw a third minimum,
I mean that just isn't true. You are saying the 'minimum' we need would be (rounding up as you said minimum) 12 wins, 12 draws, 11 losses. That would be 48 points. Add our 8 and that's 56 points. Enough to finish 14th last season.

Travs

I would imagine the points tally for survival this year will be a little less than the average requirement. Low-mid 40's at a guess?

Nick

Administrator

So where does that say sack anybody?

There's nothing worse than people who don't grasp context.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

But critical to your argument, not on that list is "Robins should be sacked"

Last edited:

Grendel

I would imagine the points tally for survival this year will be a little less than the average requirement. Low-mid 40's at a guess?

why? The team above us would average 50 points over a season and SW will not be relegated

Rugby Sky Blue

If each team had started the season on the same points we would be 4 points from safety. However if you look at the bigger picture we have played 5 of the current top 6 and Middlesbrough who are 7th, We have also played Brentford who are not doing as well as anticipated but are one of the favourites to win the league, also Blackburn are a strong side at this level and I think they will be pushing for the playoffs.

Last edited:

Travs

What makes you say that ?. I think it will be a little higher

Not based on anything scientific... i'd imagine Wycombe will struggle to reach the 40's... I still think Sheff Weds will struggle. That would leave one place, and i just don't see every team in the division reaching, say 47-50pts.

cooperskyblue

I look at our fixtures and December is massive. Every one of those games is winnable if we play on the front foot like we did last couple of games. Hopefully over this international break we can reset defensively because once we stop giving teams goals we will win plenty of games.

Not just the Watford Penalty but their equaliser. They were rattled when we went 1-2 up and we then conceded a corner from our own throw in and conceded a poor goal from a corner. I know we will sort those mistakes out and when we do we will get wins. I'm feeling quite optimistic. Goals against have been very poor and needs sorting but 8 teams have scored less than us this season, so the moment we sort out defensive issues we will win games.

I'm not concerned. We have had a very tough start. But we are approaching a run of games now where I think, barring Norwich Away, we can definitely feel any is winnable. So it is vital we pick up wins and points.

Travs

why? The team above us would average 50 points over a season and SW will not be relegated

Quite possibly... but if life has taught us anything, it's that points attained are not usually divided equally throughout the season... some teams will pick up significantly more than 75% of their total in the remaining 75% of the season, and some will, i assume, pick up significantly less.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Point me in the direction of someone on here who has asked for the manager to be sacked? Facebook doesn't count, they shove food up their arse and shit out their mouth.

That was a more polite version that what I was going to post.

The average reading age for most of the people on there would be lower than the Neanderthal species.

skyblueinBaku

That was a more polite version that what I was going to post.

The average reading age for most of the people on there would be lower than the Neanderthal species.
That would put their reading age on a par with their grasp of grammar.

Magwitch

Ideal yes. The minimum, no.
Well all I’ve done is a sort of scenerio but I suppose you want the last word but remember as you say 55/56 points might give us 14th spot which is bottom half just eight places above the relegation lose two more so let’s say 13 and imo that’s squeaky bum time.

Users who are viewing this thread