Out of date food (1 Viewer)

skybluejelly

just reading an article that says a million households have food in there freezer over 10 years old... just wondered what the oldest food was anyone has eaten...I am personally of the ,if it smells ok eat it brigade .. and I once ate a tin of madarins that still had 2d on the tin instead of pence so must have been pre decimal currency, so was about 40 years at the time in 2010, and they tasted fine

clint van damme

Prior to a night on the town me and my mate once drank a can of Watneys party 7 which must have been at least a decade old.

He found it at the back of a cupboard. Washed it down with poteen so that probably killed any bacteria.

skybluejelly

i remember trying to tap them in the 80's i reckon they were only party 4's with the amount that used to spurt out

Sky_Blue_Daz

I had a takeaway last night and I reckon it was off had to phone in sick

Sky_Blue_Daz

No definitely not
I can't go back to work till Wednesday now because they have a 48 hour rule

dancers lance

I'm exactly the same, i have just finished a jar of Branston pickle that was 4 years out of date and had matured beautifully. I often eat food weeks out of date and yogurts that are months out of date. I have a tin of rice pudding in the cupboard that is about 3 years out of date that I won on a tombola, should be ready for eating within the next year.
I usually just smell it and if it is ok just eat it.

kdrinkell

A lot of stuff has 'best before' on it so that I usually don't mind going over with,a workmate was off and a horrid smell was emanating from his locker so me and another inspected the bag in there,it had a date five days previous with southern fried chicken breast on the label,we opened it up and nearly threw up as it had just bones and maggots :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread