Outdoor Stuff ? (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

Me and my son used to go walking/hiking a lot but not for a few years due to work etc. We talked last week about doing it again but unsure where to go ? Are there some good walks local or in Warwickshire ? We've done the Malverns,Peak District,Scotland in the past,but need to build up to those as a bit out of practice !

dancers lance

Me and my son used to go walking/hiking a lot but not for a few years due to work etc. We talked last week about doing it again but unsure where to go ? Are there some good walks local or in Warwickshire ? We've done the Malverns,Peak District,Scotland in the past,but need to build up to those as a bit out of practice !
There's a great walk from Westwood Heath to Kenilworth that uses part of the old railway line and brings you out by the castle, I haven't done it for years but it has loads of interesting sights on the way.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I remember years ago, the Telegraph had a regular feature that gave full routes of local walks, including landmarks such as a stile etc. They could be anything from a couple of miles to 5 or 6 miles. Maybe there's a book in the local library? Or check online.

chiefdave

I remember years ago, the Telegraph had a regular feature that gave full routes of local walks, including landmarks such as a stile etc. They could be anything from a couple of miles to 5 or 6 miles. Maybe there's a book in the local library? Or check online.
They used to do books of the Telegraph walks, my Dad had some. You might be able to pick them up cheap on eBay.

Gazolba

Join a ramblers/walking club. BTW The Peak District is my favourite part of England.
http://www.coventryramblers.org.uk/
http://www.coventrycha.co.uk/
http://www.walkinginwarwickshire.co.uk/groups.php

Gazolba

You can also walk along the canals. I once walked from the Coventry canal basin all the way to Sutton Stop. There is a neat pub there (The Greyhound) to relax at the end. You do need someone to meet you at the end with a car unless you want to return the same way. It's very quiet along the canals and you see lots of interesting sights and even wildlife.

Sky_Blue_Daz

You can also walk along the canals. I once walked from the Coventry canal basin all the way to Sutton Stop. There is a neat pub there (The Greyhound) to relax at the end. You do need someone to meet you at the end with a car unless you want to return the same way. It's very quiet along the canals and you see lots of interesting sights and even wildlife.
That sounds a nice route to be fair

bringbackrattles

Thanks to all for some great suggestions. I'm off in a bit to meet my son for a drink, and I'll mention a few on here see what he reckons. I walked down to Sutton Stop last Saturday and it was packed,so ended up in Longford and had a drink in a couple of pubs there.

Nick

Administrator
The only thing I have noticed is the amount of dog shit, can't walk anywhere :(

Users who are viewing this thread