Overseas fans can watch all games live next season

Discussion in 'Coventry City General Chat' started by EalingSB, May 3, 2017.

1. ajsccfc

ajsccfc Well-Known Member

Ah, complete shutdown now? I heard they were getting serious with it but didn't know to what extent, it's been ages since I tried it with Hola.

2. covcity4life

covcity4life Well-Known Member

why would you need a vpn for sky sports and iplayer?

are you not in england currently?

3. covcity4life

also we are fucked then. same vpn lockdown will be in place for efl app i am sure

they wont want to piss of govt blackout rules etc

4. RegTheDonk

RegTheDonk Well-Known Member

Thing is, and its not just us its every FL club, most of those who go to home games will still go for the social experience as well as watching the match. I reckon watching a stream would probably be taken up by a lot of fans who go to games anyway, if it meant they didn't have to trudge along to cold, winter homes games AND they could watch away games too.

Those who don't to games regularly anyway probably listen on the radio (free) or subscribe to their clubs player (£40). So if I were the EFL or most football clubs, I'd be turning a blind eye to those who get around the system - they wold be paying 3 times as much as they would normally do for audio commentary. Its not as if the TV companies in other countries are paying mega bucks to broadcast games (if it was the Prem league then yeah they'd be pissed off) Will be interesting to see what develops when the internet rights are up for renewal/negotiation.

5. torchomatic

torchomatic Well-Known Member

Yes i am but the hospital wifi blocks those.

covcity4life likes this.
  6. ready_96

ready_96 Member

Someone somewhere will work out a way to stream it in the UK, they always do. i doubt they'll go shouting from the roof tops and posting links all over twitter when they do, it'll be kept quite so they don't get taken down

7. covcity4life

just pm me when you find out lol

RegTheDonk and Earlsdon_Skyblue1 like this.
  8. Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Earlsdon_Skyblue1 Well-Known Member

I still think for really shitty away days it would be nice to get a load of mates round and a few crates and make a day of watching the game.

The problem is that it will affect attendances all round, and I wouldn't want that. As much as a day between the City Arms and the Sky Blues Live from Earlsdon_Skyblue1's front room would be great.

Certainly in Spain away fans don't travel (I know the games are further away generally) but they just have the right to watch the game usually. If they don't, then they are still watching it anyway!