Paris (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

Going in February with the wife over half term. Any recommendations?

bezzer

If you want to go up the Eiffel Tower (which I'd recommend), book in advance. The Arc de Triomphe is worth a visit but get there early. A trip on the Seine is a good way of seeing Notre Dame. Montmarte is a great place to eat and of course have a nosey around Sacre-Coeur. The Subway is a great way to get around as Taxis can be expensive.

Brighton Sky Blue

If you want to go up the Eiffel Tower (which I'd recommend), book in advance. The Arc de Triomphe is worth a visit but get there early. A trip on the Seine is a good way of seeing Notre Dame. Montmarte is a great place to eat and of course have a nosey around Sacre-Coeur. The Subway is a great way to get around as Taxis can be expensive.

We're staying a bit out of the way so were just going to use RER for most of it.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Paris does have some really nice bits and can be a great experience, but it is about knowing where to go. As others have said, or insinuated, a lot of it really is a shit hole and personally I am in no rush to go back there again any time in the near future.

Areas around Notre Dame, Montmarte, and Place de Clichy (do not mistake for Port de Clichy - terrible) I would say can be very nice, but as I said, plan the sites you wanna go see and do it that way. Some of the food and wine is delicious as well.

Brighton Sky Blue

Paris does have some really nice bits and can be a great experience, but it is about knowing where to go. As others have said, or insinuated, a lot of it really is a shit hole and personally I am in no rush to go back there again any time in the near future.

Areas around Notre Dame, Montmarte, and Place de Clichy (do not mistake for Port de Clichy - terrible) I would say can be very nice, but as I said, plan the sites you wanna go see and do it that way. Some of the food and wine is delicious as well.

Not there for too long. Plan is to see the usual landmarks, go to a few museums that interest us and Disney to finish. PSG at home to Lille around that time so that too but tickets look extortionate.

Corrado

You could say that about any city anywhere in the world tho

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

You could say that about any city anywhere in the world tho

I know what you are saying, but Paris is one of the most oversold places in the world in my opinion. It has changed a lot in the last 20 years or so, maybe more. Not for the better either. The whole instagram and youtube influencers really tell a pack of lies when it comes to travel in general, but for me Paris is near the top of the pile with that. As I said above though, there are still great things to do there and I'm sure Brighton will have a good time.

Brighton Sky Blue

I know what you are saying, but Paris is one of the most oversold places in the world in my opinion. It has changed a lot in the last 20 years or so, maybe more. Not for the better either. The whole instagram and youtube influencers really tell a pack of lies when it comes to travel in general, but for me Paris is near the top of the pile with that. As I said above though, there are still great things to do there and I'm sure Brighton will have a good time.

To be honest we don't spend long in big cities for that reason. Munich was an exception, we'd happily go back. As for Paris, we'll probably spend as much time in Disney as the city proper.

Evo1883

Shit and hole, you will love all the graffiti on the outer city , so beautiful 😍 😂😂

stay_up_skyblues

We took the kids to France last week of august and stayed about an hour away from Paris deep in the countryside. Nowte but villages and countryside for mile, beautiful.

Did a day trip to Paris and got dropped and picked up from the Arc. Didn’t see any of the shit hole people are referring to here, save for on the drive in and out. We didn’t venture far past the area surrounding the arc and walk to the Eiffel Tower (where we just rocked up, paid and got straight up with no real queuing) but did get a taxi here;

Nice little theme park set in lovely gardens. Probably no use if you don’t have kids in towe but we had a great afternoon there.

Did Disney too obviously. Only £980 for a two day, two park ticket for the five of us. Jesus wept.

We loved the city anyway and are going back minus the nippers in Feb for her birthday. Will get the museums and proper restaurants in then.

Liquid Gold

I spent most of my time on the left bank getting absolutely plastered on cocktails and amazing red wine.

I probably got ripped off but it was great.

SBAndy

Don’t rate it. Worth doing some research on affordable restaurants though, he twice I’ve been I’ve stumbled upon a couple of gems (names escape me). One in particular did a hanger steak, fries and Gorgonzola sauce for about €8.

Users who are viewing this thread