Parking at the Ricoh? (1 Viewer)

StevieM

I know this is a bit of a random but when we first moved to the Ricoh can anyone confirm my thoughts that the Parking Restriction Zone around the stadium would only come into effect if the gate was expected to be greater than 15,000.
This has been bugging me for a few years now and I am sure I'm right to think this was the original policy.
Obviouosly when we first moved to the Ricoh, the attendances were in excess of 15K but have dwindled over the years to what I would anticipate as record "lows" for this season.
I'm not suggesting that the good folk of Holbrooks,Foleshill etc should have cars blocking up the locale BUT it is in the councils interest to ticket people "illegally" parked in the restricted areas and also the revenue from the exorbitantly priced official car parks goes back to the council albeit via ACL.
Every game the Parking wardens are out issuing tickets even at very poorly attended games-I wonder if anyone who has been ticketed has ever challenged it due to this less than 15,000 clause?
Please put me right on this because in my sad "Victor Meldrew" life this is really pissing me off as another rip off.
PUSB I don't belieeeve it !!:thinking about:

ThisManHere

You're right mate. I'd write a strongly worded email to Coventry City Council if I were you. It's also advisable to start an online petition to add more credence to your case.

I'm behind you 100%

Nick

Administrator
I got a ticket for parking on the grass by the bull and anchor once. The police had given about 15 cars a ticket, nice little earner.

For the sake of 30 quid I couldnt be arsed to argue it as it would cost me ten times as much.

If the parking restrictions are on / off they should really have to tell people in advance so we know whether we can park on the road or not.

Nick

Administrator
What happens if it is 9000 but then a few coaches turn up to pay on the gate to push it over 10k?

They would need to let people know before so they know whether they can or can't park I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread