Partnerships/Networking (1 Viewer)

Frostie

It seems like PL clubs at least are slowly grasping the importance of these kind of deals. Surely can't be long before it filters down into the Championship too.

I don't necessarily mean like Barnsley's pound shop Red Bull model, but with the Brexit moves shifting recruitment emphasis, having partnership agreements with clubs throughout the UK is going to be hugely beneficial for scouting etc.

In an ideal world you'd have a 'feeder' club in Europe too to help potential signings achieve GBE requirements. That's obviously a bit above our station of course but I'd be very surprised if majority of PL teams don't have one soon.

Brighton Sky Blue

It seems like PL clubs at least are slowly grasping the importance of these kind of deals. Surely can't be long before it filters down into the Championship too.

I don't necessarily mean like Barnsley's pound shop Red Bull model, but with the Brexit moves shifting recruitment emphasis, having partnership agreements with clubs throughout the UK is going to be hugely beneficial for scouting etc.

In an ideal world you'd have a 'feeder' club in Europe too to help potential signings achieve GBE requirements. That's obviously a bit above our station of course but I'd be very surprised if majority of PL teams don't have one soon.

Sturgeon has called a press conference to declare she has intervened to block the Ayr partnership

chiefdave

How do you avoid this becoming like sports in North America where the top leagues own the lower level clubs and just use them for developing young players and bomb squadding unwanted players?

Or are we even trying to avoid that?

Bugsy

Thought we already had one of these feeder club partnerships with Sunderland

and Bristol Rovers ...PUSB

Philosorapter

Good to see Burnley being a feeder club for Portadown FC.

• Haha
Reactions: AOM

Skyblueweeman

To be fair to Burnley, since their new owners have come in, they've had a lot of good initiatives. Early days but their owners look to have their heads screwed on and doing things right.

A network of British clubs is a decent idea.

Users who are viewing this thread