Paul Appleton (without prejudice) (1 Viewer)

Voice_of_Reason

Have to be careful how I ask this question due to libel but, in your opinion does any one feel that Paul Appleton is either:

Incompetent

Biased

Ignorant of Administering a Football Club in Administration

Not putting enough pressure on the Football League to establish the whereabouts of the Golden Share

Not putting enough pressure on SISU for information relating to the whereabouts of the Golden Share for proof of its claim that Coventry City (Holdings) Ltd own the Golden share ?

Unaware of the urgency in establishing the whereabouts of the Golden Share.

Any replies should state it is your opinion only and not a statement of fact.

That 8 weeks is more than enough time to establish the whereabouts of the Golden Share

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Have to be careful how I ask this question due to libel but, in your opinion does any one feel that Paul Appleton is either:

Incompetent

Biased

Ignorant of Administering a Football Club in Administration

Not putting enough pressure on the Football League to establish the whereabouts of the Golden Share

Not putting enough pressure on SISU for information relating to the whereabouts of the Golden Share for proof of its claim that Coventry City (Holdings) Ltd own the Golden share ?

Unaware of the urgency in establishing the whereabouts of the Golden Share.

Any replies should state it is your opinion only and not a statement of fact.

That 8 weeks is more than enough time to establish the whereabouts of the Golden Share
IIn my opinion only yes

SkyblueBazza

No.

I think too many posters do not fully understand what his role is & I doubt if any know the constraints he is operating within. It seems that because he was appointed by SISU/their representatives he is automatically a figure of hate & accused as biased in everything he does.

ccfcway

i'd send him an email asking a few questions, but I am worried he would charge me £1000

He seems uesless IMO. He cant fidn the golden share yet the Football League are claiming they have found it. But he is trying not to get the fans hopes up. He seems like a decent bloke but he needs to sort thhe affairs of the club out ASAP, he's fannying about too much

RedSalmon

Listened to him on the radio and agree that he sounded like a decent bloke trying to do his best. Wether that is the case or not remains to be seen. I suspect SISU have planned for this day for a long time and as such have put many many pitfalls in the way of anyone attempting to do what he is doing, namely sort this mess out.
Find it very hard to accept that he cannot locate the Golden Share after all this time. I don't think that reflects well on him at all to be honest.

Just my opinion.

ccfcway

SISU playing Hide and Seek with Golden Share, and the longer the administrator seeks, the more he gets paid..Oh and the more chance that SISU will remain in control of the club

As an appointed SISU administraitor who has earnt 300k so far, I'm surprised that he hasnt found it

:whistle:

Voice_of_Reason

In my opinion this is done and dusted --- the Football League claim CCFC Ltd has the Golden Share. The onus should now be on SISU to prove it isn't, not Paul Appleton ! Grrrrrr !

Samo

All three, and a puppet! It stinks to high heaven!

Skybluesquirrel

The company in administration is CCFC Ltd. If you look at their accounts, the took match day receipts, paid the players and manager, bought and sold players and acted like a football club. Holdings didn't do any of these things.

How difficult is it to look at players contracts and see who they were made between. How difficult is it to get written confirmation from the FL about who the share is issued to. He should have had time to do this in 8 weeks.

chiefdave

admin was never going to be a quick and easy solution. look at Pompey, they had a supposed football expert administrator put in at the request of HMRC yet were in admin over 12 months at a cost of more than a million and the day they were due to go to court after nearly a year of messing about it all got called off when they suddenly realised there was a £2m loan owed to the former owner that noone had noticed!

I don't think admin is as easy as some people think. we've not filed accounts so unless SISU are doing everything they can to assist him it's not going to be an easy task to work out what the hells going on.

dongonzalos

For 170k I would have expected to have or be close to a definitive answer.
Even if it was not really the answer I personally wanted to hear.
Or at a minimum I am now waiting on x,y and z to provide x,y and z the deadline for this ...
At this point I will make a definitive answer, as oppose to -

SISU say this. ( what we all know)
ACL, FL and FA say otherwise. ( we already knew)
A court may have to decide, which is correct
( remind me your job is??????)
People can bid if they want, however they themselves
must discover what they are actually biding for.
( so £350 an hour yet the bidder has to find out what you are selling?)
I am now going to look into the conduct of previous directors this may take 6 months ( 600k to tell us they did a bad job)
Please focus and actually answering the main question first!

SkyblueBazza

In my opinion this is done and dusted --- the Football League claim CCFC Ltd has the Golden Share. The onus should now be on SISU to prove it isn't, not Paul Appleton ! Grrrrrr !

Unfortunately at least some of the key stakeholders wouldn't agree & probably have the financial clout to pursue it in court & the FL are likely to be terrified by that IMO.

Delboycov

Whatever he is, he's feckin raking it in! Been talking to my eldest daughter about career options tonight as she's choosing her A' Levels...she wants to be a Clinical Psychologist but feck that, I'm telling her in the morning she should be an Administrator!

J

Jack Griffin

He has been scared of being sued by SISU's aggressive tactics.

psgm1

Banned
Listened to him on the radio and agree that he sounded like a decent bloke trying to do his best. Wether that is the case or not remains to be seen. I suspect SISU have planned for this day for a long time and as such have put many many pitfalls in the way of anyone attempting to do what he is doing, namely sort this mess out.
Find it very hard to accept that he cannot locate the Golden Share after all this time. I don't think that reflects well on him at all to be honest.

Just my opinion.

Sadly similar things have been said on this very forum in the past about Tim Fisher!

It's dead easy to sound reasonable, but actions speak louder than words!

Throughout their tenure sisu have said they will "listen to the fans", yet he releases a statement that in no way suggests he has listened to the fans. Or rather maybe he does listen, just doesn't act on that.

However you look at it, there is no way that these actions are either in the best interests of the club or the fans.

Just makes me so angry that over the past few years a certain person in the media has acted when it came to criticising sisu IMHO. I could well have mis-interpreted (and no doubt this person will argue this) but when I have listened to their diatribes, I have come away with the impression (right or wrong) of a person that seems just unable to get it.

Sisu throughot their tenure have acted in ill-faith right from day one.

They promised much yet have delivered very little if any.

Their are several stages of grief;

I've moved from anger to resignation. They have destroyed this club. No surprise that torch the MOST strident advocate of sisu on here has gone silent on this issue.

Will be interesting if there is STILL anyone prepared to justify sisu's actions.

Whatever happens, they will go down in infamy in the city of coventry

The Penguin

Sadly similar things have been said on this very forum in the past about Tim Fisher!

The only time that slimy cockstain has ever said anything I thought was reasonable is that we need to be run in a financially sustainable way.

I'm sorry you've hit the resignation stage, I'm still angry :mad::mad::mad:

Diehard Si

In my opinion after 300k of combined fees from his and the solicitors to have not resolved this now is just unimaginable. I just can't see how it's taking so long. I know it's a mess but surely someone who does this for a living and charging that much can get answers?

I really now worry for the club's future.

Sky Blue Kid

No.

I think too many posters do not fully understand what his role is & I doubt if any know the constraints he is operating within. It seems that because he was appointed by SISU/their representatives he is automatically a figure of hate & accused as biased in everything he does.

Utter bollox!!!.....To what constraints is making sweeping statements in DEFENCE of SISU?
Appleton is supposed to be impartial, not pro either side. He should not be making any statements other than where the situation stands. He should not be saying things that a mentally challenged person could say he was being nothing more than pro SISU!
Think it's time you opened your eyes mate, and came into the real world!:facepalm:

SkyblueBazza

Utter bollox!!!.....To what constraints is making sweeping statements in DEFENCE of SISU?
Appleton is supposed to be impartial, not pro either side. He should not be making any statements other than where the situation stands. He should not be saying things that a mentally challenged person could say he was being nothing more than pro SISU!
Think it's time you opened your eyes mate, and came into the real world!:facepalm:

You especially do not understand perhaps

SkyblueBazza

What part of IMPARTIAL, and SWEEPING STATEMENTS IN DEFENCE OF, don't you understand?:facepalm:

That's just it - I DO understand those. Somewhat obvious that you do not. Your thoughts are so entrenched that anything said or happening that stops short of claiming SISU are completely & utterly in the wrong is any of the three. At the same time you choose to ignore all the similar stuff that comes or has come from others who you approve of!
I'm perfectly happy sitting here on my fence allowing Mr Appleton the RESPECT (do you understand that one?) to get on with the job.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I think he's a toss-pot!

.................... allegedly! :D

Sky Blue Kid

That's just it - I DO understand those. Somewhat obvious that you do not. Your thoughts are so entrenched that anything said or happening that stops short of claiming SISU are completely & utterly in the wrong is any of the three. At the same time you choose to ignore all the similar stuff that comes or has come from others who you approve of!
I'm perfectly happy sitting here on my fence allowing Mr Appleton the RESPECT (do you understand that one?) to get on with the job.

I suggest it's you that doesn't understand what Impartiality means.
If PWKH makes a statement in defence of ACL/CCC. this is acceptable in my eyes.
If Fisher makes a statement in defence of SISU(As much as I detest him) this is also acceptable
When a person of(Supposed) impartiality makes a statement of obvious "Leaning toward SISU" Then I am certainly not going to be happy about it.
Why would Appleton state that "The GS is up for sale" then also states that he "Doesn't know where the GS is"....Smoke and Mirrors?....Allegedly.

torchomatic

[video=youtube;K32Adi8nmzA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K32Adi8nmzA[/video]

Throughout their tenure sisu have said they will "listen to the fans", yet he releases a statement that in no way suggests he has listened to the fans. Or rather maybe he does listen, just doesn't act on that.

However you look at it, there is no way that these actions are either in the best interests of the club or the fans.

Just makes me so angry that over the past few years a certain person in the media has acted when it came to criticising sisu IMHO. I could well have mis-interpreted (and no doubt this person will argue this) but when I have listened to their diatribes, I have come away with the impression (right or wrong) of a person that seems just unable to get it.

Sisu throughot their tenure have acted in ill-faith right from day one.

They promised much yet have delivered very little if any.

Their are several stages of grief;

I've moved from anger to resignation. They have destroyed this club. No surprise that torch the MOST strident advocate of sisu on here has gone silent on this issue.

Will be interesting if there is STILL anyone prepared to justify sisu's actions.

Whatever happens, they will go down in infamy in the city of coventry

Users who are viewing this thread