Paul Barber to turn us around??? (1 Viewer)

Tankie

It may be I havn't communicated very well, I didn't say Paul Barber, was going to replace fisher, but fisher himself was always going to remain in a Dispensable Position, as the life expectancy of a SKY BLUE.CEO seems to be about a fortnight.
Hope this clears it up...Cheers Godiva

Last edited:

Paxman II

Are we about to get Barber to set up our new image...wow Otis and I may just be right?
So maybe afterall we will see the old Sky Blue stuff ditched and a new vibrant Sky Blues emerge? This is the man to do it. ;)

Joking aside SISU look to be making moves in the right direction at least.

Nonleagueherewecome

It's the cost of another director that concerns me: the player wage bill has probably been at least halved in the past year or two, but surely theses men who contribute nothing to the club cost a lot more-and even more when we have to pay them off within a year!

Anyone else think directors is where SISU have been blowing all the cash they claim we now owe them?

Nonleagueherewecome

except the club have a 40 year lease at the Ricoh which they would have to settle and presently there is no suitable alternative within 15 miles of the city center. Might as well liquidate the club it would be quicker and cheaper

Spot on-we can't run away from out obligations like spoilt brats.

As far as liquidation goes-if so we should sue The Football League for allowing such fit and improper person's to have been allowed to take control of a football club! A hedge fund? WTF did they think the intentions of such scum are! They only care about money, whereas I'd suggest 99% of owners at least have an interest in the game and want to do well, and some are ardent supporters of their club. Wish I'd just dumped us and supported Reading when I was at Uni there, but it isn't really ever an option to abandon your club, is it? Most brands would love the loyalty that footy fans have-it's so very ripe for exploiting by the heartless.

Stoppercurtis

As always with SISU there is no clarity as to why this chap has been appointed! It's half baked as usual. I run a company, my fellow dirtectors would ask me to leave if I operated in this way! There should be a proper press release making it clear what his key objectives are and when it is hoped that they will be achieved.

Beggars belief!

Stopper

It's the cost of another director that concerns me: the player wage bill has probably been at least halved in the past year or two, but surely theses men who contribute nothing to the club cost a lot more-and even more when we have to pay them off within a year!

Anyone else think directors is where SISU have been blowing all the cash they claim we now owe them?

Where does it state that he is a director?

Plus as per my post above he is not employed by CCFC but by SISU. This is coming out of SISU' budget and not Covs. For all we know they may be looking to acquire a club in the US.

SISU have many different operations and employ many different directors across different businesses/investments, they are not all paid by CCFC.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Are we about to get Barber to set up our new image...wow Otis and I may just be right?
So maybe afterall we will see the old Sky Blue stuff ditched and a new vibrant Sky Blues emerge? This is the man to do it. ;)

Joking aside SISU look to be making moves in the right direction at least.

Why Paxman did I do something to upset you ? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Nonleagueherewecome

Where does it state that he is a director?

Plus as per my post above he is not employed by CCFC but by SISU. This is coming out of SISU' budget and not Covs. For all we know they may be looking to acquire a club in the US.

SISU have many different operations and employ many different directors across different businesses/investments, they are not all paid by CCFC.

Tsk, silly billy's, 5 pages all about a man who is absolutely nothing to do with us?! I'll get me coat. :facepalm:

Nonleagueherewecome

There was a slight mix up with reporting, which was later cleared up on the website by Fisher. Can see where the confusion came from!

Love it! We'll find out soon that The Stazi have been brought out of retirement to run matters at the club and convert it to a fully operational Communist Dictatorship ;)

Astute

Turn us around whilst SISU run our club? Let me take an educated guess. From now we will be known as CFCC

Nonleagueherewecome

We'd have more chance with Floyd The Barber from the Nirvana song..anyway, he's working for SISU, not CCFC, forget him. Bet we never hear of him again :whistle:

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
the only thing he will turn around is the fans and shaft us in the ass, can sisu just please piss off for fup sake!!

Delboycov

Sounds like as Shitsu have appointed him to advise on CCFC's proposed business plan, he might have a very big influence on our future...if we've got a future at all.

Guest41

Hello all,

Just ran into this site. I'm actually from Vancouver and I joined here because I wanted to give you guys an idea of who Paul Barber is.

First off, I'm sorry to hear what is happening to your club. I don't really know all the details to comment but it seems like your ownership is the root of the problem here.

Anyways, even though Paul Barber is advising the owners and not the club, I see this as a positive step. Mr. Barber has done a fantastic job of transforming our team here in Vancouver.

Vancouver started out as a lower division team playing in an old stadium and recently moved into a new state of the art facility (BC Place). While this was being built, he was able to move the team in an interim stadium (Empire field) which was also great (many fans still claim that we shouldn't have moved Empire field).

Our city is not known as a footballing city. We are mad for ice hockey just as you guys for your football club. Despite this, the club has had one of the best attendance rates in the league and the grounds are always sold out despite us finishing last in he league last season. He's also brought in major sponsors and brought international flavor to our club.

However, Paul Barber had his rough moments. The fans did not like the way season tickets were handled. He also fired our coach a few games into the season and replaced him with one that was even worse who constantly played players out of position. Our friendly vs Man City was almost abandoned because the grass turf installed (sadly we play on artificial turf) was in very poor poor condition.

Despite all this, the positives outweighed the negatives. At the end of last season he brought in a coach who has got the team off to a great start. We also signed some questionable players. This year, our roster has been overhauled with a great mix of veteran players and graduates from the academy and this has resulted in us shooting up the table (3rd).

Anyways, hope this gives you guys a rough idea of what Paul Barber could do to your club. You guys deserve better. Even if he isnt dealing with the club directly, at least there is a proper person guiding your owners...

Grendel

Empire Field[3] was a temporary outdoor football and soccer stadium built at the former location of Empire Stadium at Hastings Park in Vancouver, British Columbia. It served as the home of the BC Lions of the Canadian Football League from the summer of 2010 until the fall of 2011 when the installation of the retractable roof at BC Place Stadium was completed. It also was the home of the Vancouver Whitecaps of Major League Soccer from the start of the 2011 MLS season until the fall of the same year. The stadium is in process of demolition.

Construction was completed by Nussli Group in three months, in time for the BC Lions to host their first home game of the 2010 CFL season.[4]

The stadium will be demolished and will revert to a community playing field following the opening of the renovated BC Place Stadium.[5]

[edit] SeatingCapacity is 27,500 seats, including two roofed main grandstands and twelve VIP suites. 20,500 seats have been equipped with seat shells, 7,000 with bench seating for the balance.[6]

Users who are viewing this thread