Paul Scholes (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

Just a little thread while our match is on. Did anyone hear the comments made by Paul Scholes on Arsenal especially their midfield on match of the day earlier this week. Rarely speaks on radio or TV but he gave an honest pull no punches opinion and assessment and one which must have made Arsene Wenger wince. You don't often get forthright opinions from fellow pros but he summed Arsenal up perfectly. Scholes has been admired by most footie fans for years been there done it and has the T-shirtso I believe his comments will register with fans including Arsenal ones

stupot07

Didn't hear it, what did he say?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

SlowerThanPlatt

Ed Chamberlain’s question was innocuous enough, a simple square pass requiring merely a knock-on to his mate Gary Neville, sitting alongside.
“What do you make of the week Arsenal have had, Paul?”

But instead of the tap inside, we got a scything tackle, taking man, ball and team and leaving them all in a heap on the touchline.
“Probably a typical week for Arsenal really,” said Scholes. “They capitulated at Chelsea and it seems to be a similar theme when they play the top teams.
“I don’t know if it’s the manager’s fault or the players’, but that’s just the way it seems to me.”

Scholes could not conceal the contempt in his voice as he went in with studs showing.
“When you are under pressure you just say to your team-mates, ‘Hey, get in here together and let’s stop these attacks for 10 minutes’.
“These,” spat Scholes, “they go 2-0 down and just carry on with what they are doing. ‘I’ll just have a wander up front, lose the ball, play a nice one-two and not bother sprinting back’. You wonder how they are as high in the table as they are.”

Users who are viewing this thread