'PES 2012' playable demo to debut this week (1 Viewer)

dutchman

gaming_pes2012_3.jpg

© Konami

PES 2012's first demo will release this Wednesday, August 24 for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.

The teaser will allow players to use Manchester United, AC Milan, Porto, S.S.C. Napoli, Santos FC and C.A. Panarol in ten-minute matches.

The demo will also highlight the Challenge Training mode, which will teach players many of the new control systems featured in the game.

A second demo with a new roster will also be released in mid-September, and will feature Tottenham Hotspur, FC Bayern Munich, FC Internazionale Milano, Rangers FC, Club America and Sport Club Internacional.

"We have spoken a lot about the new additions to PES 2012, and now we want users to see it for themselves," said European team leader Jon Murphy.

"By releasing a demo for preview purposes, we want people to get in early to try out the Teammate Control elements and to see for themselves how the Active AI works.

"This will then be followed by a second demo that offers different teams, and a closer approximation of what the final game will play like."

He added: "We truly value the support and input of our user base - and these demos are so they can see how their help has aided the most ambitious PES to date."

PES 2012 will be available on September 27 in North America and October 14 across Europe.

Nick

Administrator
Haven't bothered with the last few PES :(

Will get the Demo though to see if they have got better!

Coventry La La La

Fifa 12 demo will be available to download 13th of September, haven't bothered with a PES game for years as Alex said Fifa is miles ahead.

dutchman

Are there any new features?

According to Wkipedia:

PES 2012's gameplay is primarily a refinement of PES 2011, with fewer big changes than the previous iteration but many smaller improvements and changes in areas such as artificial intelligence, speed, animation, and physics.

Among the new features is the Teammate Control system, where a secondary player may be controlled, either during play, or at a set piece or throw-in. This allows players to be placed precisely, make runs, and shake off markers before calling for the ball. Manual and assisted versions of the feature are available for varying degrees of difficulty and control.

Refereeing has been improved and includes a full implementation of the advantage rule, with the referee pulling back play for bookings after the ball goes out of play. The "catch-up bug", where defenders would catch dribbling attackers too easily, regardless of the attacker's pace, will be addressed. Gameplay is more fluid, with better response when controlling the ball, and goalkeepers have been improved with new animations and generally more reliable goalkeeping performances.

Artificial intelligence has been improved over previous PES games, for example AI players will play more thoughtfully when defending rather than simply applying pressure, and AI teammates will make more intelligent movement decisions.Konami have announced that the playable demo of PES 2012 will be available next week for XBOX360, PS3 and PC!

cornoccfc

PES lost its way since #3,

it's usually worth a play (if bored of FIFA) plus the become a legend mode is decent enough

CovLis86

Looking forward to the demo, though it will no doubt be tweaked a fair bit before release. Good idea to release an early one, and a more refined one later. Smart.

I cant stand FIFA, but will give this years a go to see if it has improved. Normally only takes me about 3 days to get bored of it though.

ajsccfc

The move to next-gen killed PES for me. EA used the step up to improve their game massively whereas Konami seemed to tread water, it was around the Euro 2008 game that FIFA overtook PES I think.

While it's nice that they're bringing out two demos, the earlier one being less representative of the actual finished game could be counter-productive.

AlexJohnson93

FIFA completely revamped the series with next gen games whilst PES just seemed to try and tweak itself not realising that the only reason people bought PES was because FIFA was so bad, and not because it had brilliant gameplay. I used to play PES 4-6 with friends and family because it was great fun to play. it's lost it's enjoyability now though (because video games has become big business) which is a shame.

cornoccfc

What happened to the demo then, seems to have been canned with just the originally planned 2nd demo planned for release mid-September

n1xon

i might try the demo but im a fifa man myself. whats the release date of the demo? i think fifa demos the 13th

Looking forward to the demo, though it will no doubt be tweaked a fair bit before release. Good idea to release an early one, and a more refined one later. Smart.

I cant stand FIFA, but will give this years a go to see if it has improved. Normally only takes me about 3 days to get bored of it though.

FIFA went off the boil in '97 when they started introducing stupid modes. Think this one was where you could play 5 a side in a basket ball hall. PES peaked at PES8.
FIFA definitely looks better (but isn't). It's like a 3D film, the gloss covers up the fact that it is shite!

Zen

What happened to the demo then, seems to have been canned with just the originally planned 2nd demo planned for release mid-September

There were "unforseen" problems with the Xbox release, and Xbox users will be able to play the PES2012 demo sometime in September as you mentioned. The demo was still released as planned last Wednesday on PC and Playstation 3, however.

SkyBlueMania

Just played it on the PS3, nothing to shout about, easier to score goals on than FIFA but feels pretty clumsy. Will wait for the final product, not too impressed though.

Il Pirata

The move to next-gen killed PES for me. EA used the step up to improve their game massively whereas Konami seemed to tread water, it was around the Euro 2008 game that FIFA overtook PES I think.
Yes, it was around then. Still, I prefer the actual playing part of the game to FIFA, even if FIFA is an overall better package. It's more complex and infuriating to master.

Users who are viewing this thread