pete from Cheylesmore (1 Viewer)

quinn1971

He has been leaving comments on my blog for a while. I'm quite happy to put up stuff that show that people disagree with me, but he's overstepped the mark lately.

He referred to the Telegraph as putting out left wing propaganda, other fans on the hill as 'muppets', 'fools', 'mindless' and 'dismal Jimmies'. To top it all off, yesterday he compared the SBT to the Taliban.

Comparing the SBT to the Taliban is simply disgraceful.

I've read his rant on your blog and left him a reply.Think this guy has serious issues :) nice of him to leave his email address..it's going to be very busy :)

Last edited:

skybluegnome

I heard this bloke slag off fans on the Hill calling them Muppets and him say the real fans inside are the core.
He said his name is Pete Chambers isn't the bloke in the Telegraph called by the same name who writes on the music scene ?Can't be him though as he writes and talks sense but this chap talked crap !

No there must be at least a 25 year age difference between them...yes he was an idiot...sat in front of me...introduced himself with "you will have heard me many times". Thankfully it was the first time for me...so boring...and his comment was totally unnecessary....

CovFan

He has been leaving comments on my blog for a while. I'm quite happy to put up stuff that show that people disagree with me, but he's overstepped the mark lately.

He referred to the Telegraph as putting out left wing propaganda, other fans on the hill as 'muppets', 'fools', 'mindless' and 'dismal Jimmies'. To top it all off, yesterday he compared the SBT to the Taliban.

He said the Taliban thing in a phone in just before the season began, tallied up with what a certain (now banned) poster was saying as well.

ecky

Found him on another thread "more pics of the hill" click on the link scroll down and read the reply from this so called cov supporter, he is a disgrace......

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Skybluesquirrel
Pictures instead of words for a change. From the Colchester game on Sunday

http://aprisonofmeasuredtime.wordpre...a-photo-essay/

PUSB

Anyone read the review below the photos? What a sisu lover he is?

SkyBlueCharlie

I had the unfortunate pleasure of sitting next to this individual at a dinner some 6 months or so ago. If what he said at the time was true (and I have no way of knowing whether it was or not) then he is good friends with both Fisher and Linnel so perhaps it's not surprising that he gets the air time he does.

ecky

cwr saved him til last, they knew what they were doing, he was a plant designed to cause division between the fans and it worked, Someone needs to get on the phone in and ask what they are playing at?

bradwellskyblues

pete if you read this may i just say you are a very sad little man coventry fans stick together that is the whole point of being a fan,you are just being outspoken to cause trouble ,i suggest when the club returns to coventry you stay in northampton

pusbccfc

Why do a lot of the nopm group keep going on about splitting fans?

From what I see, however much we all disagree, we are still together.

Petes comments were different. It was almost a dig, something to make him sound like the biggest and best fan, to make us look the worse.

No fan effectively can call themselves the biggest.

SkyBlue_Bear83

From what I see, however much we all disagree, we are still together.

Petes comments were different. It was almost a dig, something to make him sound like the biggest and best fan, to make us look the worse.

No fan effectively can call themselves the biggest.

I agree it was an unneeded dig as it should have been focusing on the football side, rather than talking about the ground share and what fans decide to go or stay

But then again lots of people on here regularly call those who attend names so it goes both ways. People shouldn't dish it out if they can't take it back

Nick

Administrator
I agree it was an unneeded dig as it should have been focusing on the football side, rather than talking about the ground share and what fans decide to go or stay

But then again lots of people on here regularly call those who attend names so it goes both ways. People shouldn't dish it out if they can't take it back

Exactly, it will be the ones calling people scabs getting on their high horse and then the people calling names back getting touchy. Probably all middle aged blokes.

georgehudson

the only dig by this character is against anyone who opposes his view,
custard pies at the ready then,
i would never deny anyone's opinion,
but come on C & W, this guy is from the Dulieu school,
maybe he set out to provide some diversionary tactic,
maybe he has a perverse sense of reasoning,
maybe he's a buddy of ????
either way,
'billy bell-end'

L

longjohnskyblue

No wonder Mr Linnells views are so out of kilter with the majority of the fans if this guy is the type of person he takes opinions from! It also explains how he can come out with so much BS week on week. Like the times he says he has talked to the fans - Clearly Pete and the like

It explains oh so much. It also shows up why we need a new presenter on sky blues interactive.

bigfatronssba

There is a world of difference between disagreeing with someone and lying and then insulting people.

I will argue till im blue in the face that those going are wrong to do so as that is my opinion (isn't this a place where different opinions are meant to be published?) but im not going to make things up about those in there.

Leamington Pete

It has to be said, fair play to the BBC sound engineers. The guy came over loud and clear despite having his head stuck up his own arse.

italiahorse

Can someone point this out to Linnell please?

He stated last week that the majority of the divisive language comes from the boycotters.

Can someone point out which threads people are calling other people scab. Or where this is happening. I have seen it once but would struggle to find it.
I think people including Linnell are blowing it up out of proportion. Its not as we have 2 camps fighting to sort it out.
I see reasonable debate trying to persuade people to go or not to go. I see debate on the reasons for peoples views.
I have not yet been on the hill but if all of them are chanting scab to fans going in then I will not be going as planned.

I suspect there are a few people on here winding others up and trying to make a divide.

italiahorse

Physically we are split on whether we are going to Sixfields or not.
However its obviously not just NOPM people shouting about splitting fans, as per this thread.

The good news is that it is only a few people, 99% are together on getting CCFC back to Coventry by which ever method.
What make matters worse is when the media pick up on one persons opinion and puts it over as the whole groups.

It could be construed that Pete at the forum does not represent those attending Sixfields but because he gets a good airing it is perceived that it is.
Similarly people shouting scabs being put over as the view of all NOPM is incorrect and again I picked this up during the phone in last Sunday.
I support NOPM yet I certainly don't want to be associated with this.

Your comment is typical in respect that it is 'not a lot of the NOPM group'.

italiahorse

I would dispute it is a lot of people.
Trying to put your view over in a hope of persuading people to go or not to go is a reasonable process.
There are one or two on here that wind people up with cheap comments, but once you know who they are you begin to realise not to get baited.

Moff

It is, as was his Muppet comment.

As disgraceful as people on this thread re-posting his email address and urging people to contact him, and one poster putting his possible address on the forum.

I could weep at how f*cking pathetic and disgraceful we have become.

Spionkop

Italia, admire your attempts at unity, however there are very angry fans out there. The vast majority who never show their faces on here, or even know it exists.
They/we realise that if these people who go to Sixfields stopped, the Sisu strategy would collapse overnight. The club would be back in Coventry pretty quick. I don't think anyone would argue with that.
By selfishly going they are colluding with Sisu, extending our sorry stay in Northampton. No wonder people are angry.
The vast majority (at least 90%) are rightly boycotting Sixfields. I have no sympathy or understanding for the Sixfields few. It may not be very PC, I don't really care. And I suspect if you were to ask people in private they would say the same.

GaryPendrysEyes

'NOPM Group'??
You really have a fetish on NOPM-- very few people are organised into any 'group'. The thing you have to come to terms with is that probably 10,000 fans wont go to Sixfields because they dont agree with playing home games in Northants, as an individual dont want to give money to Sisu or cant be bothered with the shambles Sisu have led us to anymore.

You seem to think that large majority of 10,000 are 'splitters'and like to tar them all with the NOPM brush. Youre wrong.

Ashdown1

That is true I've been called one of the NOPM crowd, part of the SBT etc etc but I'm not. My decision to not watch home games in Northampton is my own, it's not peer pressure or a desire to be with the majority. I have a number of reasons why I won't go but mainly because it's just plain wrong that any team should not play in the City they represent.

Users who are viewing this thread