Peter Ramage (1 Viewer)

singers_pore

Ramage has just signed for United Soccer League club Phoenix Rising. For those of you not familiar with the US scene, the USL is like the third division of the US leagues and the level of player quality is about the same as Coventry United (maybe even worse). What on earth were we doing when we signed Ramage???

AlansEyes

I saw the CT tweet this yesterday with the headline, 'Wonder whatever happened to Peter Ramage?' I can honestly say that no, I haven't for a second wondered what had happened to him.

A bit off topic, but sticking with the CT, did anyone notice Gilbert tweet six times in 24 hours the link to a CT story of a man getting a parking fine. Journalism in 2017...

Gosford Green

Ramage has just signed for United Soccer League club Phoenix Rising. For those of you not familiar with the US scene, the USL is like the third division of the US leagues and the level of player quality is about the same as Coventry United (maybe even worse). What on earth were we doing when we signed Ramage???

I have thought same about 90% of our signings this seaon.
Yakubu, who is about 30% match fit is included in the above.

Sick Boy

I saw the CT tweet this yesterday with the headline, 'Wonder whatever happened to Peter Ramage?' I can honestly say that no, I haven't for a second wondered what had happened to him.

A bit off topic, but sticking with the CT, did anyone notice Gilbert tweet six times in 24 hours the link to a CT story of a man getting a parking fine. Journalism in 2017...

He isn't a journalist, he is a content writer.

AlansEyes

He isn't a journalist, he is a content writer.
A fair distinction. I say this as a journalist myself so I'm well aware of the kind of rubbish local papers are having to do to try and pull in clicks and revenue, but individual employees tweeting out the same links multiple times seems like scraping the bottom of the barrel (I notice he also Tweeted a story about Strachan commenting on our White Hart Lane great escape three times yesterday). This is no slight on the Telegraph as a whole, I think Andy Turner does an excellent job in incredibly limiting conditions.

JulianDarbyFTW

CET reporters are measured by how many likes/ views their stories get.

In the not so dim and distant past, journalists were sought-after because of the quality of their reporting (which then increased sales) Now it's all about the clicks and views and likes - the same measure of 'success' from the employers point of view, but very little quality journalism for the general public to digest - notice how few big stories are broken by joirnalists these days.

Hobo

It was an emergency signing due to injuries. It was to get us through December into the January window, no more.

Reactions: vow

Users who are viewing this thread