Petition for grilling (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigfatronssba

I have signed it and @RedActionAFC have retweeted, they're good lads.

I imagine they must have a lot of followers? Them on ther own could probably get this to 100k.

They are a private business, as long as they have not broken any rules or laws, surely they can not be summonsed? can they?

RoboCCFC90

I imagine they must have a lot of followers? Them on ther own could probably get this to 100k.

31,000+ So hopefully people will pay attention, trying to think of the names of other big fans groups, but my memory is escaping me..

mark82

Signed. Would have preffered it to be more general so as to garner more support from other clubs.

torchomatic

To be honest even if it goes over 100K nothing will happen. If there is a debate they'll be lots of "tut tutting" but that's about it.

Signed. Would have preffered it to be more general so as to garner more support from other clubs.

martcov

To be honest even if it goes over 100K nothing will happen. If there is a debate they'll be lots of "tut tutting" but that's about it.

Maybe. Anything that puts the problem into the limelight can only be good. SISU are trying to get CCC files into the open through the JR to embarass the council. Maybe an inquiry could bring even more information out e.g Football League files. SISU don't like limelight as we have seen and the Football League are trying to keep a low profile. So it keeps all parties under the pressure of having to explain their actions - or lack of action.

Astute

Grilled? It should be tied to a stake and burned unless they come to an agreement. This has gone on too long now.

mark82

It definitely will if it's just about Coventry. Stood more chance if it was a general football governance debate.

martcov

It definitely will if it's just about Coventry. Stood more chance if it was a general football governance debate.

Yes, but.... if it is too general it is difficult to have an inquiry. I think you need a specific case, or cases, as representative of what is happening generally. Cardiff and Hull also come into the frame. You do need more co-ordination with other fan groups to persuade them that, what's going on at Coventry City can ( and probably will ) happen anywhere in this league. If we can ascertain that the Football League is not honouring it's own aims ( real football for real fans ) or fulfilling it's role as a sports administrator, then the government may have to regulate the sport - or rather ownership of the clubs. The FA and League seem powerless against capital.

wingy

Does'nt It do that ? The article suggests that and to use CCFC as a case study .I'd say all aspects of governance are encompassed within the past and current happenings at our club.

Skyblueweeman

Just an update for everyone - Michael has contacted a few of us who offered to lend a hand. Between us, we're going to be contacting fans/fans groups/supporters trusts of a number of clubs where we already have contacts. I'm going to be contacting Southampton FC, Portsmouth FC and I also have a good contact at Everton. Between us, we're probably covering about 10 clubs, which will be a starting point. We'll then approach the remainder.

I put on here the other day that if 500 members on here can get 100 signatures (easy huh), we're half way there. We'd then need an average of 385 from approx 130 clubs in the English and Scottish league systems and the Conference. These numbers are do-able...we'll obviously have the likes of Sunderland probably not give us one but would hope the likes of Hull, Portsmouth, Southampton etc might be able to give us more.

Torch is right...we might get 100,000 and still be unsuccessful. I think the fact that we could get so much interest and at least take it to the table, can't do us any harm at all. 5,000 Cov fans could've done nothing at the Emirates...they didn't.

Who knows....

WM

RoboCCFC90

Just an update for everyone - Michael has contacted a few of us who offered to lend a hand. Between us, we're going to be contacting fans/fans groups/supporters trusts of a number of clubs where we already have contacts. I'm going to be contacting Southampton FC, Portsmouth FC and I also have a good contact at Everton. Between us, we're probably covering about 10 clubs, which will be a starting point. We'll then approach the remainder.

I put on here the other day that if 500 members on here can get 100 signatures (easy huh), we're half way there. We'd then need an average of 385 from approx 130 clubs in the English and Scottish league systems and the Conference. These numbers are do-able...we'll obviously have the likes of Sunderland probably not give us one but would hope the likes of Hull, Portsmouth, Southampton etc might be able to give us more.

Torch is right...we might get 100,000 and still be unsuccessful. I think the fact that we could get so much interest and at least take it to the table, can't do us any harm at all. 5,000 Cov fans could've done nothing at the Emirates...they didn't.

Who knows....

WM

Tweeted their Supporters Group but give it a go mate!

RoboCCFC90

Nice one mate...I have worked with them in my line of work so have a couple of contacts (assuming they've not been made redundant) so will give them a go also!

Good lad! Simon Gilbert RT'd my Tweet and then asked a Question of the Supporters Trust's I did Tweet as well so bit of Pressure from the CT..

RoboCCFC90

I've had fans from Bristol Rovers, Bristol City and Leicester sign it for us today already !

Most of my Family are Gasheads, got to love them!

theferret

Signed. The closer we get to 100K the more it will focus the attention of those that might potentially be in the firing line. Nowt to lose and it takes 30 seconds to do. The cynics can just bore off, it's not as though we're asking people to fly to the moon and back.

shmmeee

I've signed it, but who on earth wrote that? Why make it about CCFC in particular if it's supposed to be about football governance on the whole?

I fear that will stop it gaining support outside the city to be honest.

It should've simply been a request to investigate the Football League over several issues of lack of governance, not about us or even the owners.

Ashdown1

I've signed it, but who on earth wrote that? Why make it about CCFC in particular if it's supposed to be about football governance on the whole?

It should've simply been a request to investigate the Football League over several issues of lack of governance, not about us or even the owners.

No I don't agree with that Shmeeee, Coventry are the crisis club of the moment and in the spotlight and there will be more focus on us !

Skyblueweeman

You're kind of right. I'll ask Michael to see if it can be worded slightly differently. The end bit does mention about concerns of football fans across the country though, even though it asks to look into Cov.
WM

theferret

I think the wording is fine. We are the driving force behind it, so it needed reference our situation specifically, but there is enough there for the general football fan to throw their weight behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread