PH4 - the new messiah, or a very naughty boy (1 Viewer)

skybluesam66

we are all hoping for the former

but what if his intentions are the same as sisu

we liked sisu once, they were brought in by ranson,who is part of the Gh/JE/RR holy trinity

how do we know ph4 will be any different
We were desperate for sisu- we are now more desperate for PH4

i guess the naughty boy is our only hope

torchomatic

Non believer! Burn him!

shy_tall_knight

Sisu were "encouraged" by RR to believing that with a few £m they would get to the premiership, and having bought the 50% share of the ACL could sell on for a nice tidy profit. Their due diligence was naive, they have had no strategy ph4 will learn from such mistakes but he won't get the club, sisu are here for a long time to come until they have finally ground down all resistance and get what they want the stadium for free.

singers_pore

PH4's best strategy would be to go ahead and buy ACL and forget for the moment about buying CCFC. In the meantime PH4 can set up an interim team - say Coventry Phoenix - that would play at the Ricoh in a non-league division. The crowds would surely pay the wages of non-league players and he can then start with redeveloping the land around the Arena.

Under this strategy, SISU would not last more than one season trying to play outside of Cov as they would have virtually zero revenue and they would still have to pay players' wages + rent etc. After just a year or so, PH4 will be in a very strong position to buy Coventry City from SISU for a very small sum and then merge it with Coventry Phoenix. You heard it first here folks.;););)

SkyBlueHomer

What do we actually know about this bloke before we make judgement?
Is he any better or just as bad, not that we have much choice

ajsccfc

If he does take over, going by the patience Pressley's been gifted by some fans I'd expect hilarious xenophobic slurs about Americans within a few weeks.

lordsummerisle

If he does take over, going by the patience Pressley's been gifted by some fans I'd expect hilarious xenophobic slurs about Americans within a few weeks.

Don't forget PH4 to become HIV instead.

"HIV Aids boy" will be the new "Sisu Rent boy" in no time at all.

ricohman

Well he has his hands in 2 minor american football teams i remember reading, if there was anything underhand with these clubs im sure it would of been brought to attention by now.

Even if his interest is similar to sisu's he cant be half as bad as that lot

Grendel

The main concern will be how serious the intent is

He has been associated with bids at other clubs but these purchases did not happen and certainly the Leeds bid attracted him plenty of publicity.

If he is really serious there is an opportunity to go straight to the football league as they believe they hold the share and just ignore the administrator. This would certainly focus minds. The worry is an ultimate lack of desire to go through with a deal.

Noggin

Honestly even if we knew nothing about him if he wants to buy we should bite his hand off, I don't see how he can be as bad as sisu and with the current situation I don't see how we could have multiple new owners to pick from. Have any other football club had owners that are at the same time both as evil as SISU and as incompetent?

I'm not expecting a messiah I just think we are so desperate we have no choice.

dadgad

PH4's best strategy would be to go ahead and buy ACL and forget for the moment about buying CCFC. In the meantime PH4 can set up an interim team - say Coventry Phoenix - that would play at the Ricoh in a non-league division. The crowds would surely pay the wages of non-league players and he can then start with redeveloping the land around the Arena.

Under this strategy, SISU would not last more than one season trying to play outside of Cov as they would have virtually zero revenue and they would still have to pay players' wages + rent etc. After just a year or so, PH4 will be in a very strong position to buy Coventry City from SISU for a very small sum and then merge it with Coventry Phoenix. You heard it first here folks.;););)

I like the sound of this.
Yep, do it.

inside track

The main concern will be how serious the intent is

He has been associated with bids at other clubs but these purchases did not happen and certainly the Leeds bid attracted him plenty of publicity.

If he is really serious there is an opportunity to go straight to the football league as they believe they hold the share and just ignore the administrator. This would certainly focus minds. The worry is an ultimate lack of desire to go through with a deal.

And why do you think his "bids at other clubs" did not succeed, or the one at Leeds (the others were Charlton and Bolton, by the way)? Could it be because he is not ready to invest hugely himself, but instead offers to secure other investment. How is that different to Sisu, who are running the club with money from their investors?

And, as I have said elsewhere, it seems almost certain now (and the Coventry Telegraph report today virtually says so) the League made an error when registering the Golden Share. The administrator 's report makes it very clear when he says "the beneficial interest" of the football club is in 'Holdings'. In other words, that's where the Golden Share should be and, apart from the League's error, that is where it has always been.

Sky Blue Sheepy

There have been a few key difference so far, in my eyes at least. Firstly, hes not shy'd away - we actually have had the chance to see and meet the bloke, which the 'mysterious' owners of SISU haven't. Secondly, and I may be wrong here, was part of his intention not getting the land around the Ricoh too?
Property to develop+property tycoon can't be bad - the Ricoh is crying out for a hotel to make money off the Concerts, conferences and football matches. Thats got to be worth money to him and, hopefully, to us as well?
Might be simplistic but that's my hope.

lordsummerisle

There have been a few key difference so far, in my eyes at least. Firstly, hes not shy'd away - we actually have had the chance to see and meet the bloke, which the 'mysterious' owners of SISU haven't. Secondly, and I may be wrong here, was part of his intention not getting the land around the Ricoh too?
Property to develop+property tycoon can't be bad - the Ricoh is crying out for a hotel to make money off the Concerts, conferences and football matches. Thats got to be worth money to him and, hopefully, to us as well?

The Ricoh does have a hotel that is rarely full as it is.

Can always get a good price there though and is quite nice.

Grendel

Getting to meet him is hardly a criteria. I doubt anyone has ever heard a single word from Abromovic.

Nonleagueherewecome

And why do you think his "bids at other clubs" did not succeed, or the one at Leeds (the others were Charlton and Bolton, by the way)? Could it be because he is not ready to invest hugely himself, but instead offers to secure other investment. How is that different to Sisu, who are running the club with money from their investors?

And, as I have said elsewhere, it seems almost certain now (and the Coventry Telegraph report today virtually says so) the League made an error when registering the Golden Share. The administrator 's report makes it very clear when he says "the beneficial interest" of the football club is in 'Holdings'. In other words, that's where the Golden Share should be and, apart from the League's error, that is where it has always been.

So what about the 10 points deduction? Why did SISU drop their appeal?

inside track

The Ricoh does have a hotel that is rarely full as it is.

Can always get a good price there though and is quite nice.

The way this is going, the Ricoh is likely to become Coventry's biggest white elephant. It's pretty clear that CCFC is unlikely to play their again and it makes little or no money from its other activities because it is so badly run. What do they think they'll do with the stadium bowl? ACL as culpable as Sisu in all this. The Council is utterly out of its depth and the man trying to run the charity has a lot to answer for. Remember, he was the one who took us into this pointless administration exercise, except it wasn't pointless because it cost us 10 points and therefore removed whatever slim chance we might have had of making the play offs. That decision wrecked the end of the season football wise and contributed nothing to resolving the issues with Sisu. In fact, it's made them 10 times worse.

Sky Blue Sheepy

Getting to meet him is hardly a criteria. I doubt anyone has ever heard a single word from Abromovic.

Fair enough - my point was that usually the secretive ones are a little less trustful; as you say, not quite criteria but it always helps.
I'm just wondering where this 'naughty boy' thing has come from - has he done something I'm not aware of or is it just being mindful of how our current situation is turning out?

inside track

So what about the 10 points deduction? Why did SISU drop their appeal?

When the 10 points were deducted the League said something to the effect that the club's affairs were not clear, so they had no alternative but to apply the deduction, rightly or wrongly. Sisu dropped their appeal because in the time allowed it was never going to be able to clarify the situation, given that the League are the ones who made the mistake and, understandably and possibly for legal reasons, are reluctant to come out and say so.

Which is one of the reasons why the administrator has said that it may have to come before a court.

skybluesam66

Honestly even if we knew nothing about him if he wants to buy we should bite his hand off, I don't see how he can be as bad as sisu and with the current situation I don't see how we could have multiple new owners to pick from. Have any other football club had owners that are at the same time both as evil as SISU and as incompetent?

I'm not expecting a messiah I just think we are so desperate we have no choice.

just as Mcginnity could be no worse than richardson
robinson no worse than mcginnity
sisu no worse than robinson

etc

wingy

Is that right ??

I take it the referrence to beneficial ownership would have to be proved over legal ownership in court.

If the argument is that beneficial ownership supercedes legal ownership it must also prove the two are inextricably linked and indeed the whole club is in Admin and therefore for sale.

wingy

When the 10 points were deducted the League said something to the effect that the club's affairs were not clear, so they had no alternative but to apply the deduction, rightly or wrongly. Sisu dropped their appeal because in the time allowed it was never going to be able to clarify the situation, given that the League are the ones who made the mistake and, understandably and possibly for legal reasons, are reluctant to come out and say so.

Which is one of the reasons why the administrator has said that it may have to come before a court.

Yeah Right!!!:pointlaugh::whistle:

inside track

Is that right ??

I take it the referrence to beneficial ownership would have to be proved over legal ownership in court.

If the argument is that beneficial ownership supercedes legal ownership it must also prove the two are inextricably linked and indeed the whole club is in Admin and therefore for sale.

The argument is that the beneficial ownership & legal ownership are in the same enitity - 'Holdings".

Noggin

just as Mcginnity could be no worse than richardson
robinson no worse than mcginnity
sisu no worse than robinson

etc

I didn't say any of those things, other people might have but honestly how can owners be worse than sisu? the club is dead if they stay so while it's of course possible it could still be dead if someone else comes in its massivly less likely.

wingy

The argument is that the beneficial ownership & legal ownership are in the same enitity - 'Holdings".

Beneficial ownership would only exist because Holdings fund /Run club for LTD,He said if legal ownership claim on LTD failed they would go to Beneficial route!:thinking about:

inside track

Beneficial ownership would only exist because Holdings fund /Run club for LTD,He said if legal ownership claim on LTD failed they would go to Beneficial route!:thinking about:

You may be right, but amid all this uncertainty we can rely on:

(a) no definitive statement from anyone about the Golden Share in the near future; if someone could, or was prepared to do that, they would have done so by now

(b) neither Preston Haskell nor anyone else would buy 'Ltd' while it appears to be worthless; it only has real value to CCFC so they can exit administration

Delboycov

I think what goes in his favour is that he's not up to now completely fecked the club up and landed us in the worst state in our history...up to now. I think it's right to be cautious and I'm certainly not jumping up and down with excitement but surely it can't get worse...can it?!

Sisu were "encouraged" by RR to believing that with a few £m they would get to the premiership, and having bought the 50% share of the ACL could sell on for a nice tidy profit. Their due diligence was naive, they have had no strategy ph4 will learn from such mistakes but he won't get the club, sisu are here for a long time to come until they have finally ground down all resistance and get what they want the stadium for free.

I would rather see the stadium empty than have SISU owning it.

bigfatronssba

If ph4 did nothing for the club except buy half the Ricoh then he would be remembered as a better owner than sisu.

In all honesty anyone off here could have done a better job of running the club over the last few years.

Nonleagueherewecome

I didn't say any of those things, other people might have but honestly how can owners be worse than sisu? the club is dead if they stay so while it's of course possible it could still be dead if someone else comes in its massivly less likely.

I think they are worse than Richardson now, by some distance. He did a couple of bad things, they've pretty much constantly made terrible errors and treated the supporters with utter disdain-often in areas that have nothing to do with Richardson's legacy. And anyway, they can't hide behind him forever. You don't blame the bloke who invented guns whenever somebody gets shot!

Delboycov

So what exactly gives you the 'inside' track, inside track? Or are you just speculating and presenting it as fact like so many on here? What personal or professional beef do you have with ACL/CCC that sees you slant these 'facts' in the favour of SISU? Maybe this has already been covered and apologies if it has.

dadgad

I think they are worse than Richardson now, by some distance. He did a couple of bad things, they've pretty much constantly made terrible errors and treated the supporters with utter disdain-often in areas that have nothing to do with Richardson's legacy. And anyway, they can't hide behind him forever. You don't blame the bloke who invented guns whenever somebody gets shot!

They do on gmk. A fair few "let's wait and see" merchants there too. Utterly brainless.

Nonleagueherewecome

So what exactly gives you the 'inside' track, inside track? Or are you just speculating and presenting it as fact like so many on here? What personal or professional beef do you have with ACL/CCC that sees you slant these 'facts' in the favour of SISU? Maybe this has already been covered and apologies if it has.

"Facts" = assumptions I'd say.

Users who are viewing this thread