Phillips (1 Viewer)

TakeMeHome

Said it all that Mowbray took him off! Bad bad mistake and destroyed the gameplan.

Nick

Administrator
Yep, to bring him off to move somebody out of position was a bit telling.

Absolute shocker

CcfcFan4Life

Thought Haynes could have been brought on for Phillips then a reshuffle with
Ricketts Ramage Stokes Haynes
Vincelot Did well at the back, but Phillips had a shocker, as did others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brylowes

Thought Haynes could have been brought on for Phillips then a reshuffle with
Ricketts Ramage Stokes Haynes
Vincelot Did well at the back, but Phillips had a shocker, as did others.

Think this is a level above where Phillips is at the moment.& Haynes

Del Boy 82

Said it all that Mowbray took him off! Bad bad mistake and destroyed the gameplan.

I read it more of a tactical decision. It's been quoted that Mowbray like his passing ability and seen before ricketts moved out to the right. Vincelot can do the centre back role too.
Cannot shoot the lad for trying to chest it to the keeper. Yes was a costly mistake but was not on his own today

Gazolba

Is Phillips the new Webster?

Liquid Gold

He's been terrible for a while now, wrong decision to start him. He's been at fault for so so many goals now, ship him out asap

skybluepm2

Is Phillips the new Webster?

Probably more of a Jordan Clarke in that some fans will always defend him irrespective of what he does because 'he's one of our own' *cringe* same with Haynes. Although I'd rather have both ahead of JC any day!

SBAndy

I love it how people are acting like we haven't had about 6 injuries in defence. Phillips is back up. Live with it.

covcity4life

He's a liability. Cos tus so many goals this seaosn.

Players were shit today but it's 90% Phillips fault. He maf eit so 2nd half wa sunil battle from get go

Noone should be standing up for him

Otis

He's a liability. Cos tus so many goals this seaosn.

Players were shit today but it's 90% Phillips fault. He maf eit so 2nd half wa sunil battle from get go

Noone should be standing up for him
We were in control before that mistake. Phillips' error changed the game.

covcity4life

Take a back seat fella. We lost a game of football. To suggest that no one should stand up for one of your younger players is a bit over the top.

You whayou can hand out bowls for poor defending all you want.

I'll go by the facts and young or nit he cost us the game

Del Boy 82

We were in control before that mistake. Phillips' error changed the game.

We was only in control in spells, they showed us too much respect and let us play but a below par performance stopped us having the movement and ability to break them down. There only real form of attack was the long ball and they capitalised on a defensive error twice.

ajsccfc

If we miss out on promotion, it'd be interesting to see how many points were dropped overall by goals conceded when the team played it cute in defence when they could have just cleared.

Otis

We was only in control in spells, they showed us too much respect and let us play but a below par performance stopped us having the movement and ability to break them down. There only real form of attack was the long ball and they capitalised on a defensive error twice.
That's what I meant. We were in control leading up to this goal in THAT spell, not that we were in control all game.

lifeskyblue

We have a lot of young players and yes we are making mistakes. A few games ago RCC had a couple of shockers but he played well today. Yes Phillips made a very poor error that cost us a goal and probably the game...but he will learn and hopefully improve. I thought Murphy didn't have the balls he thrives on; he needs to push t past the full back and use his speed...his control is not good enough to try and trick his way through. Armstrong seemed to switch off after we conceded and lame ire didn't impress today. I thought fleck had good first half but his touch and drive disappeared second. Bigi and tudgay did ok when they came on. Ramage ok but not a Ben turner. Stokes and rickets didn't have their best games...thought stokes would try the outside a few times but didn't seem confident enough to do it. This was possibly the worst collective performance this season (certainly at home). Hopefully the next half dozen games will see us back on track...they are all winnable on paper. The way we recover from a very disappointing week will show us all whether we have a realistic chance of promotion.

Otis

We have a lot of young players and yes we are making mistakes. A few games ago RCC had a couple of shockers but he played well today. Yes Phillips made a very poor error that cost us a goal and probably the game...but he will learn and hopefully improve. I thought Murphy didn't have the balls he thrives on; he needs to push t past the full back and use his speed...his control is not good enough to try and trick his way through. Armstrong seemed to switch off after we conceded and lame ire didn't impress today. I thought fleck had good first half but his touch and drive disappeared second. Bigi and tudgay did ok when they came on. Ramage ok but not a Ben turner. Stokes and rickets didn't have their best games...thought stokes would try the outside a few times but didn't seem confident enough to do it. This was possibly the worst collective performance this season (certainly at home). Hopefully the next half dozen games will see us back on track...they are all winnable on paper. The way we recover from a very disappointing week will show us all whether we have a realistic chance of promotion.

I just worry as to the amount of errors that Phillips makes that lead to goals.

Certainly a stack more than RCC or Martin or Ricketts or Stokes and for that matter, Haynes too.

He has cost us dearly on a number of occasions.

Users who are viewing this thread