Phone fast charging (1 Viewer)

Otis

Right, here is a question. I can't seem to find anything on Google.

When I have charged my phone in Coventry (USB C lead to charging plug, to socket), it super fast charges.

I get super fast charging with the plug that came with the phone. If I use a different charging plug, I get fast charging and if I just use a standard charging plug, it just says charging

When I try it in Kent at my missus's house, I only get charging, even with the superfast charging plug

Nothing charges fast at her house, no matter what charger you use. She says it is an eco friendly house (only built 11 years ago), so nothing charges fast and none of the lights burn brightly. Is that actually a thing? 😱🤔 She says they all have the same thing (her and two daughters)

As I say, I tried searching on Google and nothing came up.

I can charge my phone in an hour in Coventry and it takes forever at her house (and she's not thick. She's an accountant, so I haven't considered denseness on her part 🤪)

Puzzled.

Robinshio

Right, here is a question. I can't seem to find anything on Google.

When I have charged my phone in Coventry (USB C lead to charging plug, to socket), it super fast charges.

I get super fast charging with the plug that came with the phone. If I use a different charging plug, I get fast charging and if I just use a standard charging plug, it just says charging

When I try it in Kent at my missus's house, I only get charging, even with the superfast charging plug

Nothing charges fast at her house, no matter what charger you use. She says it is an eco friendly house (only built 11 years ago), so nothing charges fast and none of the lights burn brightly. Is that actually a thing? 😱🤔 She says they all have the same thing (her and two daughters)

As I say, I tried searching on Google and nothing came up.

I can charge my phone in an hour in Coventry and it takes forever at her house (and she's not thick. She's an accountant, so I haven't considered denseness on her part 🤪)

Puzzled.
some things for the fairer sex can be a bit complex - particularly when it comes to technology, so dont rule that out

Other options
1. There maybe other things draining the charge (they are not all batteries these days) :)
2. Have you checked if those plants in the attic are really needed

skybluetony176

She could be at the end of a run from the local transformer so her house isn’t getting the nominal 220v. Voltage drops with distance, the nearer your house is to the transformer the higher the voltage you get, the further away you are the less voltage you get.

Otis

She could be at the end of a run from the local transformer so her house isn’t getting the nominal 220v. Voltage drops with distance, the nearer your house is to the transformer the higher the voltage you get, the further away you are the less voltage you get.
Ahh, that would explain it perhaps.

It's a new estate and she is the very last house on the estate. Past hers is just a school and then fields.

I feel like I have travelled back in time

Otis

I guess there is nothing I can do about it then.

It's pretty crap down here. 😂 Parking is awful, the people are less friendly and now I can't fast charge my bloody phone.

Grab me a TARDIS back to the 21st century please.

Brighton Sky Blue

I guess there is nothing I can do about it then.

It's pretty crap down here. 😂 Parking is awful, the people are less friendly and now I can't fast charge my bloody phone.

Grab me a TARDIS back to the 21st century please.

On the plus side you might bump into Steve Waggott

Users who are viewing this thread