Physiotherapy(ists) (1 Viewer)

wingy

I know on certain threads one or two of you have shared your experience /Knowledge.
Anyhow what the question is regards my Grandson who is 13.
He had an injury from impact to his thigh while playing football this was around 6 months ago.
Scans showed he'd had a bleed but any physio has not been forthcoming.
He seemed to cope early on but now has discomfort and has started to miss a training sessions for cricket etc.
He has a lump on the site of the injury.
He's been directed to one or two practitioners via NHS but has come up against barriers re his age.
IE-they limit to adults only.
Any practitioners advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated m

clint van damme

I know on certain threads one or two of you have shared your experience /Knowledge.
He had an injury from impact to his thigh while playing football this was around 6 months ago.
He seemed to cope early on but now has discomfort and has started to miss a training sessions for cricket etc.
He's been directed to one or two practitioners via NHS but has come up against barriers re his age.

I've got a lump in my thigh which was a bleed, (would love to tell you I got it during some intense physical exercise but I did it in my sleep!).
I was told the lump would go but it never has but it very rarely plays up and when it does its not very painful so it's concerning that he's missing training.
Our the physios you've been guided to private?

wingy

I've got a lump in my thigh which was a bleed, (would love to tell you I got it during some intense physical exercise but I did it in my sleep!).
I was told the lump would go but it never has but it very rarely plays up and when it does its not very painful so it's concerning that he's missing training.
Our the physios you've been guided to private?
No Clint they we NHS.afaik

clint van damme

No Clint they we NHS.afaik

Might be worth ringing up a private physio. Not sure what there policy is on u18s but last timeI went it was 30 quid a visit, (probably abit more now), but might be worth it to get to the bottom of it.

wingy

Might be worth ringing up a private physio. Not sure what there policy is on u18s but last timeI went it was 30 quid a visit, (probably abit more now), but might be worth it to get to the bottom of it.
Yeah agreed, just thought I'd try on here as at least a couple of poster's are practicioners , most likely for decent direction/recommendation.

duffer

There's absolutely no reason why the NHS shouldn't get involved in treatment though, unless I'm missing something.

If it's not improving, I'd be tempted to kick up a bit of a fuss on his behalf. Squeaky wheel gets the grease, etc.

clint van damme

Yeah agreed, just thought I'd try on here as at least a couple of poster's are practicioners , most likely for decent direction/recommendation.

There's certainly a couple of posters who are physios and know their stuff. Hopefully they come across this thread.

rob9872

Needs to sort it soon. At 13 he's still physically developing and a quick sorr now should still make the area stronger, but left unresolved could give him issues and prevent many sports for his life. I'd kick up a stink and start with your gp to get him in the system. NHS is the best place for it imo with kids.

bezzer

My wife is a Physio (NHS and Private), when she's home I'll ask her to have a look at this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread