Player Ratings v Huddlesfield. (1 Viewer)

stupot07

Any one want to go first?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

SBT

Wilson 6 Couple of smart saves followed by yet another penalty giveaway. He’s never our #1

Rose 6 Long passing looked good, no idea what happened for the penalty
McFadzean 6 Has defied expectations this year but I’m starting to worry
Hyam 6 Oh how I’d missed watching him at LCB. Actually alright in the first half tbf!

Kane 5 Crossing abysmal and there’s not much else to his game
Hamer 6 Beautiful passing range but couldn’t unlock Huddersfield
Allen 6 Solid and unspectacular
Bidwell 6 Still mystified at his reputation for being a good crosser

O’Hare 6 Didn’t get his head up enough today, hence the dreadful miss. Great assist.

Gyokeres 7 MOTM He must be knackered. He’s carried us for weeks.
Waghorn 6 Really should have scored. Showed a lovely first touch but he’s not the answer

Tavares 6 Nice touch in the buildup to the goal but looks out of his depth otherwise
Eccles 6 Will be a huge part of the team next year
Jones 6 Probably won’t be - shame as he showed a bit of promise

The guy in the seat behind me 2 That’s not his rating, that’s how many times he threw up in the stands, once in each half!

Terry_dactyl

I thought Wilson had a good game and that he was unlucky with the pen…had to go for it. Defender didn’t need to get a touch on the cross, which forced Wilson into the initial save.

Generally we looked alright at times. 1st half was better than the second. Think the TV said that Huddersfield were hanging on.

The game pretty much encapsulated our season - we were the better team, missed some very good chances (the most glaring was the one from a cross or a corner in the 1st half, was it Hyam?), end up going behind, score a late goal.

We’re going to need some pace in central defence.We nearly got caught/did get caught out a few times.

Last edited:

FulltimeWum

Wilson 6 Couple of smart saves followed by yet another penalty giveaway. He’s never our #1

Rose 6 Long passing looked good, no idea what happened for the penalty
McFadzean 6 Has defied expectations this year but I’m starting to worry
Hyam 6 Oh how I’d missed watching him at LCB. Actually alright in the first half tbf!

Kane 5 Crossing abysmal and there’s not much else to his game
Hamer 6 Beautiful passing range but couldn’t unlock Huddersfield
Allen 6 Solid and unspectacular
Bidwell 6 Still mystified at his reputation for being a good crosser

O’Hare 6 Didn’t get his head up enough today, hence the dreadful miss. Great assist.

Gyokeres 7 MOTM He must be knackered. He’s carried us for weeks.
Waghorn 6 Really should have scored. Showed a lovely first touch but he’s not the answer

Tavares 6 Nice touch in the buildup to the goal but looks out of his depth otherwise
Eccles 6 Will be a huge part of the team next year
Jones 6 Probably won’t be - shame as he showed a bit of promise

The guy in the seat behind me 2 That’s not his rating, that’s how many times he threw up in the stands, once in each half!
Vomit and limbs. What's wrong with people?

steve101

Wilson 7
Kane 6
Rose 6
McFadzean 6
Hyam 5
Bidwell 7
Hamer 8 motm
Allen 8
O'Hare 6
Waghorn 7
Gyokeres 7

Tavares 6
Eccles 6
Jones 7

Frostie

Please someone tell me I misheard but did the sponsors genuinely give Hyam Man of the Match?

Blind-Faith

Wilson 7
Kane 5
Rose 6
McFadzean 6
Hyam 6
Bidwell 6
Hamer 8 motm
Allen 7
O'Hare 4
Waghorn 5
Gyokeres 7

Tavares 7
Eccles 7
Jones 7

stupot07

Wilson 6
Kane 6
Rose 6
McFadzean 6
Hyam 6
Bidwell 7
Allen 7
Hamer 8
O'Hare 6
Waghorn 7
Gyokeres 7

Subs
Eccles 7
Jones 7
Tavares 6

The Philosopher

Wilson 6

Erratic. Can be brilliant but just a bit too eager and hence prone to giving things away. Probably prefer Moore since he has a bit of calmness about him.

Kane 5

Most of his crosses are poor. Gets to the right positions, mainly because Hamer finds him but his delivery is shocking.

Rose 7

Great passing out of defence. Calm. Unlucky.

McFadzean 7

Solid and organised but that little off pace.

Hyam 7

Thought he did ok.

Bidwell 5

Shocking crosses. Out of position too often.

Hamer 8

He’s class.

Allen 6

Good nipping back and robbing the ball off toes but no threat in front of goal and not creative.

O'Hare 5

Not on it today.

Waghorn 6

Tried. Looked like he was trying which was a bonus. Missed a good chance. Might be the last we see of him but at least his attitude looked right today.

Gyokeres 8

Quality - strong, full of running.

Tavares 6
Eccles 6
Jones 6

letsallsingtogether

What happened in Block 15 near the end of the game? Saw someone getting ejected and then loads of people following the stewards outside?
Apparently the bloke groped a 13-14 year old girls bum when confronted by her 15 year old brother him and his mates gave him a kicking and stamped on him.
They in turn were confronted in the carpark after the game by older lads bht the cowards ran away.
That's why there were chants of paedo when he was kicked out.
Some real scummers in that block.

Adge

His distribution was good and he made a few decent saves. He was rash though with the penalty.
Haven’t seen it back yet, but thought he made a decent enough save and had to go for the second ball which unfortunately was a nailed on penalty.

steve101

Haven’t seen it back yet, but thought he made a decent enough save and had to go for the second ball which unfortunately was a nailed on penalty.
Yes it was a very good reaction save. I think maybe the adrenaline of it got the better of him. The player was very wide so Wilson didn't need to throw himself at his feet.

rob9872

People laughing at 7s for Wilson and not Waghorn? Ffs that one he should've leathered in the first half rather than give the keeper a chance.

Sbarcher

Kane and Bidwell with plenty of ball but too wasteful. Never going to be wingbacks.

stupot07

Kane and Bidwell with plenty of ball but too wasteful. Never going to be wingbacks.
Bidwell wasn't great in crossing positions today, but his defending and positional play and tracking of his runners was outstanding.

Sbarcher

Bidwell wasn't great in crossing positions today, but his defending and positional play and tracking of his runners was outstanding.

Their bloke turned him inside out in the second half.

junglej13

Hamer and Vik levels above the rest. Wilson made two or three great saves but was rash for the pen. Thought Allen was the poorest he's been for a while today unfortunately. This formation needs the wingbacks to contribute and Bidwell and Kane in particular were extremely wasteful.

WGABSOOS

Hamer and Vik levels above the rest. Wilson made two or three great saves but was rash for the pen. Thought Allen was the poorest he's been for a while today unfortunately. This formation needs the wingbacks to contribute and Bidwell and Kane in particular were extremely wasteful.
Kane yes was terrible however bidwell put in some very good balls low and hard rather than kane's persistent high and very wide

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Funny how people see a game scores of 4 for O'Hare and 6 for Harmer.Think O'Hare didn't have his best game but to give him less than Kane as Blind Faith did . and Harmer only 6 who i thought was MOM by SBT just shows how people view matches differently makes football the game it is.

slowpoke

Thought on a team basis it was a 6/7 out of ten performance our problem all season has been taking our chances when dominating and should have been well in front before their goal, a worldie, can’t do a lot about them. Man of the match for me between Gyorkeres or Hamer. Thought Hamer was good but not as competitive as he can be perhaps the threat of a three match ban is in his mind but I thought his passing flange was superb.
Jones with his pace very good when he came on assist for our goal and nearly earned us a penalty, food for thought for Robins.

Frostie

Thought on a team basis it was a 6/7 out of ten performance our problem all season has been taking our chances when dominating and should have been well in front before their goal, a worldie, can’t do a lot about them. Man of the match for me between Gyorkeres or Hamer. Thought Hamer was good but not as competitive as he can be perhaps the threat of a three match ban is in his mind but I thought his passing flange was superb.
Jones with his pace very good when he came on assist for our goal and nearly earned us a penalty, food for thought for Robins.

Agree with most of this.

This cemented your Like though! 😁
I thought his passing flange was superb.

Last edited:

Offhegoes

Decent performance, certainly didn't deserve to lose. Thought Waghorn was alright 1st half, but then faded. Tavarres made us look more dangerous as soon as he came on, with his runs and energy. Jones was excellent when he came on, involved in all our moves including the one that lead to the goal. Can't believe he has not been used more this season. Pace, trickery, and a great delivery. Hope he gets longer against Stoke. I think he'll get another year.

clint van damme

Apparently the bloke groped a 13-14 year old girls bum when confronted by her 15 year old brother him and his mates gave him a kicking and stamped on him.
They in turn were confronted in the carpark after the game by older lads bht the cowards ran away.

If that's correct its sickening and the police need to pursue it and bring a prosecution.

SBT

Disgraceful as the alleged crime is, I’m not sure I’d call it cowardly to run away from a crowd of blokes trying to beat the shit out of you in a car park! Not sure why people felt the need to take it outside either, come to that.

fatso

We definitely need to keep Hamer and Gyokeres, any one else can be sold to strengthen the squad.
We've conceded to many soft goals of late which needs to be addressed in pre season.
Waghorn isn't the answer, and needs to be off loaded (if there's any takers)
And, looking forward to seeing how Eccles continues to develop, he could be a real assett.

oakey

If it's fair to criticise O'Hare for his finishing (and it is) it is also fair to criticise Hamer for most of his killer passes being astray or blocked IMO.
If we retain them, both need to improve this aspect of their game. It would take us to the next level. PUSB

rob9872

Disgraceful as the alleged crime is, I’m not sure I’d call it cowardly to run away from a crowd of blokes trying to beat the shit out of you in a car park! Not sure why people felt the need to take it outside either, come to that.
Ate you fucking for real? Read it again!

A group of lads in gang mentality, turn on the brother defending his sister and stamp on him condoning what one of their own did in touching up a young girl, but have it away on their toes when the tables are turned. The very definition of cowardly imo. Hopefully all will get locked up and banned along with their paedo mate!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread