Player ratings (1 Viewer)

shy_tall_knight

Weren't there myself. But have seen highlights and listened to commentary.

Was jennings missed?

Bell hit the bar - to which CWR said we know he has ability just need to see it more often, sums how I feel about him.

Martin - their second goal he was so slow to react and should have cleared, he started brightly but the last few games he looked poor.

Moussa's goal - can't understand how he can be dropped, think he is key to any future sucess.

gary_ccfcforever

Bell Man of the Match for me.

Dunn is shaky as hell,

Barton was nothing special.

Moussa had a good impact.

Fleck was piss poor at times but good in patches.

Not sure why Pressley seems to think replacing Wilson with Cody will work? Both of the need somebody with them to play off and cannot play a 4-5-1

Defending was shambolic at times.

Lord_Nampil

my take on things,

First half played the ball round ok, but the midfield were way too deep, at times Barton was playing in between Wood and Martin. There first goal came (a little bit before hand mind) from Wilson loosing his footing in the middle of there half, he lost the ball which they took up to our penalty area got a corner and then another which for some reason our ability to defend set pieces went out the window (which is not the first time, all 5 managers have struggled with that this season...) But its the being caught on the break that i didn't like, from nearly being a position to score a goal to letting one in, in about what 2 minutes??? After that we took a while to get back into the game with Wilson looking very isolated.

At Half time Cody came on made a massive difference, Pressley told Baker and Bell to near enough play level with Cody which in turn brought Fleck and Conor further forward. In doing this we had a lot more of the play and scored a deserved equaliser form Fleck, who played alot better in the second half I thought. I think leading up to that Spell Bell had a few efforts and Mcdonald caused There defence problems, BUT, yet again poor defending from a set piece (which was yet again needlessly conceded) we let in a very very sloppy goal.....

After the goal it took Pressley a few mins to see we needed more fire power up top, which he did by bringing Moussa on, In doing this Fleck dropped to the "play maker" role and started to dictate the midfield, in doing so Blair Adams and Bell had a lot of the ball on the left, and Christie and Baker had a lot of the ball on the right (this actually looked quite promising IMO) With a dominant end to the game, where we had huge chunks of possession, we scored a deserved equaliser when McDonald pounced on a bad clearance from there keeper to set moussa up and score a very good goal! McDonald could have won it for us in the dying seconds but it wasn't to be.

I understand the frustrations with the way Pressley wants to play, BUT he needs the time to access all the players and not having a settled side as hes been accessing, to me this hasn't given us any really idea on how good or bad he will be for the club. All i know is when we passed it around yesterday and got the ball into the final third we looked a lot more threatening with a goal scorer in the Number 9 position, The return of Bell and to play him on the left hand side looks like a way forward, but do think we may need a pace solution, even if it is just as a replacement during a game!

One player who did have a bit of a mare was Martin, lets the ball bounce and for me didn't read the game as well as he should have, the center backs to me is the biggest weakness in the team, and i feel is more important to repair than any other position in the team!

Over all a decent performance, but without a settled team you can not judge Elvis (Robins good run came with that settled side before christmas.....)

Ratings

Dunn 6

Christie 7
Wood 6
Martin 5
Adams 7

Fleck 7
Barton 6
Thomas 6/7

Baker 6
Bell 8 (MoM)

Wilson 6

Subs

Mcdonald 7
Moussa 7

Last edited:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
what LN said but would add that in the first half we seemed to roll the pass rather than hit a pass, because of that the tempo was slow and laboured. That kept us deeper than we should have been. if we are going to play a passing game then that passing needs to be accurate and crisp

SkyBlue_Bear83

Moussa should have stared ahead of Barton, we need someone who can break forward from the centre of midfield. Add Clarke in at striker and that is a quite promising attacking line up, need quality to back up Clarke at ST and a player similar to Moussa for when he is tired/out of form. Defence is looking atrocious though

stupot07

Moussa should have stared ahead of Barton, we need someone who can break forward from the centre of midfield. Add Clarke in at striker and that is a quite promising attacking line up, need quality to back up Clarke at ST and a player similar to Moussa for when he is tired/out of form. Defence is looking atrocious though

But Moussa hasn't done that enough this season, and Barton role yesterday was as the deep lying midfielder....problem fleck also wants to play deep. We need someone a bit more consistent than Moussa and keep Moussa as an impact sub.

SkyBlue_Bear83

But Moussa hasn't done that enough this season, and Barton role yesterday was as the deep lying midfielder....problem fleck also wants to play deep. We need someone a bit more consistent than Moussa and keep Moussa as an impact sub.
Who do you suggest within our budget then? Bearing in mind there are other positions also with a higher priority that need to be addressed.

I agree playing Barton and Fleck together yesterday was a mistake

SkyBlueRuffian

Not sure why Pressley seems to think replacing Wilson with Cody will work? Both of the need somebody with them to play off and cannot play a 4-5-1

It's obvious to me that SP is having a good look at all his current strikers before the season had ended, Ball, McDonald, Wilson have all been given sufficient minutes on the pitch to prove themselves.

SP said he likes to play a big man up front who can control the play with a number 10 playing off him. L Clarke is that man, but like SP said we don't have a "number 10" at the club.

wingy

Who do you suggest within our budget then? Bearing in mind there are other positions also with a higher priority that need to be addressed.

Possible signs of mismanaging a good asset here ,or a player who's a tad tempramental/Challenging.

One way or another he has'nt quite been the same since a) he signed ....b) Robins left.:thinking about:

stupot07

Dunno....but there's bound to be someone available on free or a loan or nominal fee. How much did Oldham play or Baxter? I would say that the Moussa/no 10 role is one of the most pivotal in making pressley's system work....in fact he mentioned the need to sign a proper no. 10 at his meeting with the Trust.

Nonleagueherewecome

my take on things,

First half played the ball round ok, but the midfield were way too deep, at times Barton was playing in between Wood and Martin. There first goal came (a little bit before hand mind) from Wilson loosing his footing in the middle of there half, he lost the ball which they took up to our penalty area got a corner and then another which for some reason our ability to defend set pieces went out the window (which is not the first time, all 5 managers have struggled with that this season...) But its the being caught on the break that i didn't like, from nearly being a position to score a goal to letting one in, in about what 2 minutes??? After that we took a while to get back into the game with Wilson looking very isolated.

At Half time Cody came on made a massive difference, Pressley told Baker and Bell to near enough play level with Cody which in turn brought Fleck and Conor further forward. In doing this we had a lot more of the play and scored a deserved equaliser form Fleck, who played alot better in the second half I thought. I think leading up to that Spell Bell had a few efforts and Mcdonald caused There defence problems, BUT, yet again poor defending from a set piece (which was yet again needlessly conceded) we let in a very very sloppy goal.....

After the goal it took Pressley a few mins to see we needed more fire power up top, which he did by bringing Moussa on, In doing this Fleck dropped to the "play maker" role and started to dictate the midfield, in doing so Blair Adams and Bell had a lot of the ball on the left, and Christie and Baker had a lot of the ball on the right (this actually looked quite promising IMO) With a dominant end to the game, where we had huge chunks of possession, we scored a deserved equaliser when McDonald pounced on a bad clearance from there keeper to set moussa up and score a very good goal! McDonald could have won it for us in the dying seconds but it wasn't to be.

I understand the frustrations with the way Pressley wants to play, BUT he needs the time to access all the players and not having a settled side as hes been accessing, to me this hasn't given us any really idea on how good or bad he will be for the club. All i know is when we passed it around yesterday and got the ball into the final third we looked a lot more threatening with a goal scorer in the Number 9 position, The return of Bell and to play him on the left hand side looks like a way forward, but do think we may need a pace solution, even if it is just as a replacement during a game!

One player who did have a bit of a mare was Martin, lets the ball bounce and for me didn't read the game as well as he should have, the center backs to me is the biggest weakness in the team, and i feel is more important to repair than any other position in the team!

Over all a decent performance, but without a settled team you can not judge Elvis (Robins good run came with that settled side before christmas.....)

Ratings

Dunn 6

Christie 7
Wood 6
Martin 5
Adams 7

Fleck 7
Barton 6
Thomas 6/7

Baker 6
Bell 8 (MoM)

Wilson 6