Player Ratings (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Anybody want to start them off?

Much better performance.

Nick

Administrator
Burge - 6 - Didnt really have much to do, could have done better with the goal.
Grimmer - 6 - Doesn't look fit at all, was blowing early on and got beaten easily for the goal. Will need more gametime to get his fitness up.
Hyam - 7 - Did well, carried the ball out and looked to pass
Willis - 7 - Handled their big player well
Mason - 8 - Point for the great cross, played some good football
Doyle - 8 - Much improved, passed it short instead of hoofing it
Bayliss - 7 - Although he did some nice runs and took players on his decision making was pretty poor
Andreu - 7 - A bit like Bayliss, some great touches but lacked with decision making.
Shipley - 7 - Linked up nicely with Mason and Andrew at times, covered defensively too
Thomas - 7 - First half they were shit scared, his decision making was a bit off and he was blowing on about 65 minutes and should have been taken off before they got their goal.
JCH - 8 - Led the line well, Battled and stayed strong and a good header.

Ponticelli - NA - Not enough time
Baka - Na - Not enough time
Allisanni - 6 - Ran at them well but not really enough time, very direct with pace so with more gametime he could be as dangerous as Thomas.

Robins - Should have made the changes earlier, Gillingham got their goal and went for it by making the change just after they scored. Not sure of the point of the Ponticelli sub at all other than trying to waste time to get the draw.

Grendel

Why is that caller whinging about clarke Harris?

Esoterica

Burge - 6 - Looked a lot more assured than LOB and made a good save in the first half after their player had walked round 6 of our defenders. Looked like he should have done better at his near post for the goal.
Grimmer - 5 - Solid defensively for most of the game but got beat far too easily on the inside for their goal. Couple of ropey crosses too. Highlighted exactly the reasons why Robins wanted an upgrade in that position.
Willis - 7 - Handled the big fella well.
Hyam - 7 - Good on the ball although took him a while to get used to the barrage he was under.
Mason - 8 - Looked much better with Shipley in front of him and they already looked like they had a good understanding. Assist for the goal with a good cross.
Doyle - 8 - MOTM. Gillingham played into his hands really by bypassing midfield and he mopped up all the loose knock downs from their big number 9. Kept his passing much shorter today too, on the whole.
Bayliss - 6 - Didn't look out of place down the middle today but Gillingham didn't play much down the middle either. The counter attacks from their long balls suited his game but he was again wasteful on occasions where a more composed pass would have lead to a goal.
Thomas - 6 - Absolutely 0 end product where it mattered. Weak shots cutting inside, poor final balls and was the primary reason we only scored once today. Ryan Kent levels of wasteful.
Shipley - 7 - Got up and down superbly and played a lot of nice passing with Bayliss, Mason, Andreu. Protected his fullback who had his best game because of it.
Andreu - 6 - Mixed bag today. Looked too good for this league at times and then squandered possession with odd passes at other times. I guess that's what you get with a creative player in the hole but he did link the attack with the midfield very well at times.
JCH - 7.5 - Good hold up play, great header for the goal, didn't go down as much first half and looked stronger than last year. 2nd half looked tired and tried to buy more fouls.

Robins - 7 - 2nd season in a row that an injury has forced a formation change for the better of the team. Lucky Manager! Could have made his changes earlier again especially as Gillingham had no fresh legs to bring on. Been handed a very good platform to build on now though.

pusbccfc

Burge: 6 - Couldn't see the goal well but other than that, solid.

Grimmer: 6 - Felt more assured with him on the pitch. Didn't look fit enough to bomb forward throughout.

Hyam: 7.5 - Getting better every week. The way he has developed his game to bring the ball out from the back is impressive.

Willis: 7.5 - Dealt with their big guy well. A couple of occasions his pace saved us.

Mason: 8 - Played very well. Threat going forward and solid defensively. Stepped up massively on previous games.

Doyle: 8.5 - Superb from the captain. His distribution was better today than I've ever seen it. He felt so much more confident passing the ball forward to Andreu and Bayliss than he did in previous games to Ogogo.

Bayliss: 7 - Some really good touches throughout. Could have been a higher rating if his shooting was better. Some real class runs forward, something we haven't seen enough of yet this season.

Andreu: 7.5 - Very similar to Bayliss. Some phenomal touches on the ball and the interplay between he and the other attackers was impressive. He really needs to work on his finishing from the edge of the box as he has plenty of opportunities.

Thomas 7.5 - Slowed down later on in the game but during the first 60 minutes he was very good. Agile and good on the ball. Needs to go for goal more often!

Shipley: 7 - Much better today. Showed why he should have started at the beginning of the season. Lots of good link up play and some neat touches.

JCH: 8 - Exactly what we want to see from JCH. We all know he has bags of ability. Held it up well, won a fair few headers, carried the ball forward and got a goal.

Subs:
Allassani: 6 - Looked great running at the defenders but a few poor shots/crosses on his weaker side.

Baka: N/A - One neat bit of link up play which is worth noting.

Ponti: N/A.

Robins: 7 - Better team selection. Should have made the sub(s) much earlier.

SBA: 10 - Great atmosphere in the hail and rain.

cc84cov

Amazes me how many fans agree and have the same views on systems etc but it’s like the manager don’t see what we do and seems we all agree he takes far too long to make subs,a good point away from home onto Rochdale next Saturday 3 points a must.

Londonccfcfan

Burge 5, didn’t have a lot to do, Havnt seen video replay heard he was beaten by near post, few shaky moments too.

Grimmer 6, Glad to see him back, so much stronger than Sterling. Hope he gets a run of games that he deserves.

Hyam, 8 Really impressed with him recent games, wins most headers also getting a lot more comfortable on ball.
Today a great block body on line job in front of us.

Wills 7, Solid and depenadable as ever.

Mason, 8, His best game by far me, Really impressed by him today, big improvement on Wimbledon.

Thomas, 7, started off well love his confidence didn’t quite get his shots away today. Promising,but faded quite badly after 60 mins, at fault for their goal. Exciting prospect.

Bayliss, 7, Solid, some good mazy runs, but final ball really lacking today.

Doyle, 8, Really great game from him today, picked up and cleaned up the back when needed , no fuss.

Shipley, 6, Some good bits of play, still getting there with fitness adds much needed balance on left.

JCH, 8.5, Motm. For the first 60 mins till he tired badly. Looked a complete striker. Strong, holding the ball up, linking up well, good one touch play with either head or feet. Was just what we been missing all season.

Andreu, 6, Some good touches, final ball not quite there, Come close to scoring from one of our best team moves poking ball just wide. More to come from him.

Allassani, 6, Looked very good and lively when he came on for Shipley. Promising debut, good direct run earning a corner from his first few touches. Showed more in 10 mins than whole team showed on Tuesday.

Baka, NA , why did Hiwula not come on?

JP, NA,

Played better today than when we won vs Plymouth (where I thought we ref on our side). Really good performance after a few dreadful performances, restoring the faith. Glad Robins made 5 changes.

Otis

Burge 5, didn’t have a lot to do, Havnt seen video replay heard he was beaten by near post, few shaky moments too.

Grimmer 6, Glad to see him back, so much stronger than Sterling. Hope he gets a run of games that he deserves.

Hyam, 8 Really impressed with him recent games, wins most headers also getting a lot more comfortable on ball.
Today a great block body on line job in front of us.

Wills 7, Solid and depenadable as ever.

Mason, 8, His best game by far me, Really impressed by him today, big improvement on Wimbledon.

Thomas, 7, started off well love his confidence didn’t quite get his shots away today. Promising,but faded quite badly after 60 mins, at fault for their goal. Exciting prospect.

Bayliss, 7, Solid, some good mazy runs, but final ball really lacking today.

Doyle, 8, Really great game from him today, picked up and cleaned up the back when needed , no fuss.

Shipley, 6, Some good bits of play, still getting there with fitness adds much needed balance on left.

JCH, 8.5, Motm. For the first 60 mins till he tired badly. Looked a complete striker. Strong, holding the ball up, linking up well, good one touch play with either head or feet. Was just what we been missing all season.

Andreu, 6, Some good touches, final ball not quite there, Come close to scoring from one of our best team moves poking ball just wide. More to come from him.

Allassani, 6, Looked very good and lively when he came on for Shipley. Promising debut, good direct run earning a corner from his first few touches. Showed more in 10 mins than whole team showed on Tuesday.

Baka, NA , why did Hiwula not come on?

JP, NA,

Played better today than when we won vs Plymouth (where I thought we ref on our side). Really good performance after a few dreadful performances, restoring the faith. Glad Robins made 5 changes.
So all our signings are not awful then after all, eh? ;)

cc84cov

Glad we went back to as close to last seasons team today as poss.Mason Ogogo Hiwula I feel are good signings the rest the jury is out so far.Same team next week pls Robins take a point there all day gutted not to take all 3 on the back of that performance.

Londonccfcfan

So all our signings are not awful then after all, eh? ;)

Most the team today was last years. 9 of starting 11. Is that coincidence?

The other loaner, Thomas who I do rate.
So Really only one of his permanent signings started today.

Alot are dreadful, but Mason , credit where it’s due thought he was very good today.

Otis

Most the team today was last years. 9 of starting 11. Is that coincidence?

The other loaner, Thomas who I do rate.
So Really only one of his permanent signings started today.

Alot are dreadful, but Mason , credit where it’s due thought he was very good today.
Well that's the thing and we hadn't even seen Allassani in action for the first team until today.

Three new ones featured today, Thomas, Mason and then Allassani as sub.

Londonccfcfan

Well that's the thing and we hadn't even seen Allassani in action for the first team until today.

Three new ones featured today, Thomas, Mason and then Allassani as sub.

Your missing my point. 9 out of 11 starting today were last years team.

Doesn’t really endorse his recruitment this year. Just dumping aside the league 2 play off winning side players to play his signings was wrong.

Bakayoko and Sterling should never get anywhere the squad. Not unless our whole first team squad from last year is injured.

Otis

Your missing my point. 9 out of 11 starting today were last years team.

Doesn’t really endorse his recruitment this year. Just dumping aside the league 2 play off winning side players to play his signings was wrong.

Bakayoko and Sterling should never get anywhere the squad. Not unless our whole first team squad from last year is injured.
No, I think you are missing my point. ;)

The other day you said all the new signings are awful.

Doesn't matter really how many played today, but 3 did and they weren't at all awful.

As has been said by many, players need to be playing in their right positions and to tactics where they can show their ability.

I think Hiwula could be a very good player for us and I am convinced Ogogo will be. Well there's 5 right there.

I think the jury should still be out on Bakayoko. Let's see what happens when we deploy him correctly. If he's still poor then I'm sure everyone will agree he's crap, but he needs more games, same as the others and that obviously includes Brown and Sterling too.

Hobo

No, I think you are missing my point. ;)

The other day you said all the new signings are awful.

Doesn't matter really how many played today, but 3 did and they weren't at all awful.

As has been said by many, players need to be playing in their right positions and to tactics where they can show their ability.

I think Hiwula could be a very good player for us and I am convinced Ogogo will be. Well there's 5 right there.

I think the jury should still be out on Bakayoko. Let's see what happens when we deploy him correctly. If he's still poor then I'm sure everyone will agree he's crap, but he needs more games, same as the others and that obviously includes Brown and Sterling too.

We should still have faith in all the new signings, the season is young.

Otis

We should still have faith in all the new signings, the season is young.
Of course. I think it is absolute madness to dismiss players so soon and before they have even had chance to settle in and everyone seems to agree that Robins made mistakes with he tactics too, which isn't certainly hasn't helped many of the players in being able to show what they are capable of.

If Dele Adebola was here now and had just been signed as if it was back then, so many of our fans in here would say he is crap and should never ever play again.

We never seem to learn the lesson as fans unfortunately.

Bakayoko MIGHT come good. Brown MIGHT come good and so too Sterling.

It's absolutely insane and ludicrous to dismiss them already with so few games played.

Us fans are completely batshit crazy sometimes.

Gibbo

Disappointed with the "Shrewsbury Two"* so far this season. Brown was supposed to be the best number 3 in the division but he is too small and has a dodgy positional sense (like Haynes). Ogogo was supposed to be much sought after but has poor distribution and gets caught in possession.. Brown we have cover for in Mason, but given Doyle's age, Ogogo was a major acquisition. Hope I am proved wrong

* Those older than 65 might spot this allusion to Ricky Tomlinson the actor

Gibbo

Of course. I think it is absolute madness to dismiss players so soon and before they have even had chance to settle in and everyone seems to agree that Robins made mistakes with he tactics too, which isn't certainly hasn't helped many of the players in being able to show what they are capable of.

If Dele Adebola was here now and had just been signed as if it was back then, so many of our fans in here would say he is crap and should never ever play again.

We never seem to learn the lesson as fans unfortunately.

Bakayoko MIGHT come good. Brown MIGHT come good and so too Sterling.

It's absolutely insane and ludicrous to dismiss them already with so few games played.

Us fans are completely batshit crazy sometimes.
Dele Adebola was crap

Hobo

Of course. I think it is absolute madness to dismiss players so soon and before they have even had chance to settle in and everyone seems to agree that Robins made mistakes with he tactics too, which isn't certainly hasn't helped many of the players in b

Or it could be the tactics were right and the players have failed and under performed against their ability, it might be Robins making compensations for them?

I think our fans have been the biggest problem and totally knee jerk. The tactics and formations will resolve themselves.

Nick

Administrator
Or it could be the tactics were right and the players have failed and under performed against their ability, it might be Robins making compensations for them?

I think our fans have been the biggest problem and totally knee jerk. The tactics and formations will resolve themselves.
If the tactics didn't suit the players then they werent the right ones surely?

Sick Boy

Burge - 6
Grimmer - 6
Hyam - 7
Willis - 6
Mason - 7
Doyle - 7
Bayliss - 6
Andreu - 7
Shipley - 7
Thomas - 7
JCH - 8 -gets the 8 as he battled on and looked like he should have been taken off earlier due to injury

cc84cov

All the time? Seriously?

There was one point in his career here where he was virtually impossible to play against for the opposition. Totally unstoppable.
Brum Days he was a handful him and Misfud were a decent pairing

Hobo

If the tactics didn't suit the players then they werent the right ones surely?

I said, "under performed against their ability". Sometimes for what ever reason player's are resistant. That doesn't make the manager or the system wrong.

JuFoster

I think Robins deserves a lot of credit for today - switching the formation, dropping Ogogo and Sterling. Willis and Doyle looked as if they’d been told to stop hoofing the ball away.

Gibbo

Amazes me how many fans agree and have the same views on systems etc but it’s like the manager don’t see what we do and seems we all agree he takes far too long to make subs,a good point away from home onto Rochdale next Saturday 3 points a must.
This was true last season about Kelly needing to be more forward

Users who are viewing this thread