Players and fans (1 Viewer)

Old Warwickshire lad

Today my two grandsons went up early to see players arrive. Every single player they approached autographed the front of ones shirt and had photos with them.
All up for a laugh as the kids said are you gonna get one today.
Kids were dead chuffed, we have something good going on here and sometimes I don’t think we appreciate it.

cstring82

Today my two grandsons went up early to see players arrive. Every single player they approached autographed the front of ones shirt and had photos with them.
Kids were dead chuffed, we have something good going on here and sometimes I don’t think we appreciate it.
What time did you go up?

clint van damme

That's great mate, glad they had their day made.
Things like that help build the club.

Perryccfc

My kids love to go see them arrive, me and my son went today but we’re a bit behind due to leaving Lowestoft a bit later than usual. He did get a photo with Kitching though which he was well pleased with. Really does make it for youngsters I think, and the fact the players are so engaging.

covcity4life

My kids love to go see them arrive, me and my son went today but we’re a bit behind due to leaving Lowestoft a bit later than usual. He did get a photo with Kitching though which he was well pleased with. Really does make it for youngsters I think, and the fact the players are so engaging.
What time do they get there and which entrance?

lord_garrincha

No wonder they were so lax on Saturday. If only our players have their headphones on and walk straight past them 🤣

johnwillomagic

I do think the relationship between the fans and players has been fantastic for the lst five seaons - the best I can remember tbh in my lifrtime.

Long may it continue but I think this season will prove to be the acid test as think there will be plenty of bumps in the road this year!

Brighton Sky Blue

I do think the relationship between the fans and players has been fantastic for the lst five seaons - the best I can remember tbh in my lifrtime.

Long may it continue but I think this season will prove to be the acid test as think there will be plenty of bumps in the road this year!
Would argue that the first couple of months last season did that, still bottom of the table after 10 games, in the relegation zone for a fair bit after.

Macca1987

I think we have had 5 tough games as our start, saying that the way everyone is beating everyone, I think the whole season will be tough, but I think we will still be in the mix come April, with a possible push for the playoffs over the last 4 or 5 games

hamertime

For me it hit home how much the fans were behind the players when we lost to Luton 5-0 away and we kept singing throughout, actually got louder in the second half. Its weird i actually enjoyed that game.

wantageskyblue

Agreed and I think that began at Birmingham. That 1st match against Southend had a real ‘we are all in this together’ feel about it and it has just grown from there. Obviously COVID and the return to Coventry helped accelerate things but the bond between players and fans was already there in a way that I had never experienced before.

johnwillomagic

Agreed Wantageskyblue. (y)

Looking at some posts above don't know what the start to the last season has anything to do with my point about bond starting in earnest five seasons ago? Guess some don't read properly or pursue their own narrative not linked to the comment! :rolleyes:

johnwillomagic

Think that last season was slightly different anyhow even though that was not on topic.

We had no home ground and expectation was lower because of that - this season we had home fixtures from the off and we have also heavily invested in the playing squad so some fans expectations especially as we narrowly missed out last season will be higher.

If that expectation is not met can see some fans turning - i hope not and the close bond between the fans and players drifting a little bit...

skybluelee

Even Simms? He was the one exception before the Sunderland game, he looked like he was going to punch me and possibly my two daughters in the face when they politely asked him for a photo.

Every other player was friendly, which has always been our experience in the past too. Really helps forge that connection between young supporters and the club.

And it helped narrow down who my youngest wants printed on her shirt (if it ever arrives...) - eg not Simms

Bad Boy

Think that last season was slightly different anyhow even though that was not on topic.

We had no home ground and expectation was lower because of that - this season we had home fixtures from the off and we have also heavily invested in the playing squad so some fans expectations especially as we narrowly missed out last season will be higher.

If that expectation is not met can see some fans turning - i hope not and the close bond between the fans and players drifting a little bit...
Its not unreasonable for expectations to be higher.

I keep saying this year after year-a 10% improvement on last season is both achievable and realistic.

TewkesburySkyBlue

Even Simms? He was the one exception before the Sunderland game, he looked like he was going to punch me and possibly my two daughters in the face when they politely asked him for a photo.

Every other player was friendly, which has always been our experience in the past too. Really helps forge that connection between young supporters and the club.

And it helped narrow down who my youngest wants printed on her shirt (if it ever arrives...) - eg not Simms
No excuse but maybe he knew he wasn't starting?

Users who are viewing this thread