Players Positions (1 Viewer)

I think it is pretty clear from AT's short managerial career that he favours the common sense approach playing players in their respective natural positions where practically possible.

Prior to AT how often have we seen bizarre team selections with left footed players on the right, right footed players on the left, centrehalves playing as fullbacks, central midfielders playing out wide and forwards drifting out to the wings.

Just look at the renaissance of players like Clingan, McSheffrey, Bell, Jukebox, Baker etc transformed from operating in positions opposite to their natural inclination.

We now have bodies that can attack with the ball, use the channels, playing to feet and keeping possession without losing tactical shape.

Under AB and CC the complete midfield was missed out with hoofball tactics - long balls statistically end in nineteen out of twenty going to the opposition - but still we didn't learn until AT showed the way.

Carry on the good work AT. It can only be a winner for CCFC operating this way - effective football = good results = better crowds = more revenue - SIMPLES.

Thoughts??

PUSB

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Couldnt put it simpler myself! I think the other benefit we have with AT is that he knows the players best positions as he scouted them playin there! And he definatley has the common sence factor in more areas than tactics. Look at his views on how long the contrct talks seem to be going on. They either want to sign or they dont, and they should decide whether their stayin, not their over paid agents!

Last edited:

Lord_Nampil

You didn't once mention king Gunnar and Westwood which shows we are more than just a 3 man team! I think what is good is the fact now we have a philosophy which everyone attached to the club is buying into! Build ur
Whole club around this and suddenly u have winning formula on and off the pitch!

Covstu

Great in theory but lets see it in practice, i think alot of fans are taking too much into what we seen at the back end of the season, proof is going to be when it really matters.

CovLis86

I'm really impatiently waiting for some signings to be made. It will be a clear indication of what AT is picturing for us,and a sign of his beliefs of whether we can push for playoffs next season or just more consolidation. Oh I wish I could hibernate until August!

Hopefully when we defend a corner he'll stick Jukebox or someone on the halfway line, passed 5 years we've pulled everyone back - pisses me off

kg82

Great in theory but lets see it in practice, i think alot of fans are taking too much into what we seen at the back end of the season, proof is going to be when it really matters.

Considering we were heading towards the drop I'd say the first few matches definitely mattered under Thorn.

Macca

I think we had a little bit of luxury in that the teams below us were utter dog doo but even so AT did all that could be asked. I am very interested in how he gets on in a new season and hope the answer is "very well"

kg82

I think we had a little bit of luxury in that the teams below us were utter dog doo but even so AT did all that could be asked. I am very interested in how he gets on in a new season and hope the answer is "very well"

They were indeed, but we didn't need to rely on their results in the end - very un-Coventry like!

Users who are viewing this thread