Pledge £1000 to buy club share (1 Viewer)

ampthill_sba

Members of the SBT: If it becomes possible for the SBT to buy into a share of the club...and the SBT can set up a savings scheme system to allow (say) 20 x £50 installments: would you buy in?

Count me in...

Nick

Administrator
Depends what id get, didnt lots of people have to give their shares for free last time?

rob9872

I'd pay £5k for a lifetime season ticket to help get it started - I think this would be a better scheme.

Flying Fokker

I'd pay £5k for a lifetime season ticket to help get it started - I think this would be a better scheme.

I was thinking that as well. Decided that season ticket holders get enough perks.. If you are in your 80s it will be a good bet for the club.

skybluesam66

would never work rob
if they sold 30,000 of those =150million

that money will eventually go, and then the club has no income and dies

rob9872

we would never sell 30k of them though and from a phoenix situation would help start things but something offered in return. Also if used correctly could be invested and amortised over eg a 20 year period. I'm 40 now so 30 years probably max.

rob9872

Anythinglike that or limit it to first 10k or something on a first come first serve basis - current st hilders given priority of course.

coundonskyblue

If I knew that my 1k would allow the trust to buy the club and run it at a sustainable level then I would have no hesitation in putting in.

mark82

If 30,000 people paid 1k (which wouldn't happen) it would still only be 300,000k and not even enough for a years rent even at the new lower cost.

win9nut

I'd invest...

But as mentioned above, a business plan to get CCFC running sustainably would need to be published first so that the Trust wouldn't be expected to fund x% of CCFCs losses every season. Losses the trust members cannot afford.

TurkeyTrot

Add to x of £1000's a number of small investors investing up to £50k each and a major investor it could be done.
Or get a sugar daddy in buy the club with a totally unsustainable plan just to get us to the prem for a season or two until we end up in the same situation owing millions...
But it won't be our fault so we can blame the new owners or CCC or ACL or SISU or Richardson or Robinson or McGinnity or Linnell, anyone but us!

Black6Osprey

ok we donate 1k each
and the trust do the business and get on the board.what happens if we disagree with that they start doing

I have to sell myself on street corners to stump up for ST each season. My arse will be ripped to shreds if I've got to find an additional £1000.

shmmeee

ok we donate 1k each
and the trust do the business and get on the board.what happens if we disagree with that they start doing

I'd want a Barca style elected chairman with an election for trust members/ST holders every couple of seasons.

coundonskyblue

I have to sell myself on street corners to stump up for ST each season. My arse will be ripped to shreds if I've got to find an additional £1000.

We live in Coventry, we've had the whole country pretty much arse raping us for the last 800 years, I'm sure you'll cope.

Users who are viewing this thread