Poor performances from Bell (1 Viewer)

Is it just me or has Bell's efforts in the first few games (maybe apart from Watford) been below par?

I can't see the class or skills I could when he first arrived, I'm seein more runs and skill from The Mighty Keogh.

I just can't see it anymore.

Anyone else agree?

CovInEssex

I do agree to an extent.

Bell doesnt seem to be in the final third as much this season and I havent seen him put a decent cross in, but he can change a game in a second (Hello Watford)

P.S Welcome to the forum! Go and introduce yourself in the 'New Sky Blues' thread! :D

I'd go to the extent that Keogh acts as a better winger when he gets up there, willing to take players on.

but yeah you do get moments of magic, i.e watford

cheers cookie :)

T

TrevorsathisPeake

I thik Bell is a decent player who seems to always pop up with an important goal/assist.He was'nt good against Derby and i thought people would be on here slating him sooner to be honest.Bell and McIndoe got alot of stick last season but Bell has done well this season.Assist against Pompey,goal at Watford off top off my head,he's just a
an easy option to slate.
Intresting to see that Bell has been picked out for critisism again yet nobody brings up McSheffery's peformances to date.OK he got the pen against Derby but apart from that he was terrible.But i wouldnt leave him out,the team are undefeated so does'nt need to be tinkered with.I dont want to have a goe at players,just realy suprised that Bell is getting stick again,i'm sure McSheffery will come good hopefully starting tomorrow when we get the win at Millwall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T

TrevorsathisPeake

I do agree to an extent.

Bell doesnt seem to be in the final third as much this season and I havent seen him put a decent cross in, but he can change a game in a second (Hello Watford)

P.S Welcome to the forum! Go and introduce yourself in the 'New Sky Blues' thread! :D

He produced a great cross for Eastwoods 2nd goal against Pompey!

smileycov

Facebook User
i thought he played well against pompey, with the exception of the goal, his crossing was weak though. but fair point about sheffers!

still i would keep going with him he is working hard for the team, and as a whole we are benefitting.

Nick

Administrator
I do like him as a player but I think it is just his delivery on occasions that have been shocking. He does track back and cover for Keogh when he goes forward but McSheffrey has been no better with his crosses I don't think.

redsox

Facebook User
I do like him as a player but I think it is just his delivery on occasions that have been shocking. He does track back and cover for Keogh when he goes forward but McSheffrey has been no better with his crosses I don't think.

McSheffrey, maybe , has had an issue with confidence , brought on by his time at Brum. I'm sure he will come good , now he's back home. If we get both players on song, peppering in decent crosses and a proven goal scorer to deal with them (whoever might I be referring to??), play offs here we come!;)

Jay88

For me Bell ent good enough to play on the wing for us as we've got better players on the bench.

Not sure what Carl Baker has done wrong as he's not started a league game yet and looked good last year.

T

TrevorsathisPeake

Have to disagree,Baker came to us last season and was average at best,but he has time to prove himself.We have had a decent start so no changes need to be made.David Bell is never gonna set the world alight but i think he will give steady peformances week in week out,something managers love.
I don't want to sound as though im knocking McSheffery,i'm not and he too should stay in the team,but i find it amazing how people are knocking Bell already.

Users who are viewing this thread