Match Thread Port Vale v Coventry Match Thread - Saturday 1st Oct (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Port Vale v Coventry match, tactics and predictions :)

oucho

You know what'll happen now - 2-1 win!!!

skybluepm2

Got my tickets plus it's my Birthday so surely 3 points??? 0-3, Sordell continues his rich vein of form(!), Jodi finally gets his arse into gear and Turnbull completes the rout with the SBA temporarily shouting 'Mark Venus's Sky Blue Army' until Steve Evans appointment brings us back to reality with a thud.

On a serious note, I just want a bloody win... 8-7 or 1-0 I don't care but it is getting serious!! We really aren't that bad a team.

covcity4life

If mowbray in charge a 3 nil win :)

Without him a 2-1 win as a thank you from the players for letting him down

Let's hope Venus isn't in charge for ages whilst we look for a manager

doha

We're all aware 5th placed Vale have won 6 in a row at home including 3-1 against league leaders Scunthorpe, right?

covcity4life

7-0 victory in the first of 30 wins in a row as we storm to the title. Also Sisu leave the day after and I find £20000000 buried in my back garden and learn how to turn invisible.

from watching the extended highlights i think there is a good chance of this happening.

runner

Sadly, as Otis says above ... same team, so no reason to believe a change in fortune, we are still a very poor team ... no front end, no defence, so 3 v 1 win for Port Vale (we are bound to get our customary 1 goal eh!)

Grendel

Team is weak. Unless Ghadzev can raise his game there is no strength at all in midfield. The options are too frail in defence - all the full backs I've seen have not been good enough.

I fear the worst.

We need to take a chance and play two forwards and genuine wide players.

Stevenson has some creativity.

I'd go for;

RCC

Willis
Turnball
Ricketts
McCann

Jones
Stevenson
Ghadzev
Reid

Sordell
Wright

Only 2 loans in that team as well. Sordell seems ok and would score some goals in a normal formation and if he starts scoring may get some confidence.

covcity4life

Team is weak. Unless Ghadzev can raise his game there is no strength at all in midfield. The options are too frail in defence - all the full backs I've seen have not been good enough.

I fear the worst.

We need to take a chance and play two forwards and genuine wide players.

Stevenson has some creativity.

I'd go for;

RCC

Willis
Turnball
Ricketts
McCann

Jones
Stevenson
Ghadzev
Reid

Sordell
Wright

Only 2 loans in that team as well. Sordell seems ok and would score some goals in a normal formation and if he starts scoring may get some confidence.

bigi been best player for 3 or 4 games now, you would drop him?

as a centre mid not right midfield*

Grendel

bigi been best player for 3 or 4 games now, you would drop him?

He wasn't best was he the last game? Frankly being best in a dire team is irrelevant.

You have to start to threaten teams. We are passive and we create nothing. I don't think he can operate in a two man midfield and I think we need wide players who threaten.

You can't have Stevenson and him together so choose between the two.

I think Stevenson looks much more threatening moving forward.

Generally Midfield

Vale have a 100% home record in the league (5 wins out of 5) while we've got 1 away point from a possible 15. We can live in hope but even a draw would be a major upset based on form.

Users who are viewing this thread