Port Vale (1 Viewer)

shy_tall_knight

Midfield is our problem, the fact that Jack Finch gets a game is evidence enough (he may go on to be a great player but can't remember him having any impact) second halves they seem to go missing especially Fleck, Barton needs to get out of reverse and move forward with the ball, JOB is like a 10 year old chasing after the ball, Connor Thomas isn't the answer for any question

stupot07

And yet, they wouldn't, they seriously wouldn't.

They would though.

Michael Brown - would add grit and experience to a defensively shite midfield
Carl Dickinson - better defensively than stokes and haynes, started for us in a better side
Mark Marshall - better than our current widemen
Ben Williamson - probably wouldn't, still scored as many as nouble, jackson and tudguy combined
Michael O'Connor - would add something different, to a poor central midfield.

At least 3/5 would be in our starting 11.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

LJC_CCFC

They would though.

Carl Dickinson - better defensively than stokes and haynes, started for us in a better side
Ben Williamson - probably wouldn't, still scored more than nouble, jackson, tudguy and Miller combined

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

I disagree completely.

LJC_CCFC

Doesn't surprise me.

3ae944af09d9ef4a3f0a71de88314053.jpg

Gazolba

Id rather Mowbray tells them to start kicking 7 lumps of shit out of em and getting it forward via any means possible to cause havoc in the box then worry about pretty ticky tacky football in the summer.

If that was a winning tactic, don't you think all the top teams would be using it? In fact, none of them are.

I'll go for a 1-1 draw against PV, probably Samuel again since I cannot foresee anyone else scoring.

Last edited:

LJC_CCFC

They would though.

Ben Williamson - probably wouldn't, still scored as many as nouble, jackson and tudguy combined

Michael Brown - He is spent as a footballer, can't run and thats what his game was based on for the majority of his career (Having a good engine). He's just kicks people for a living these days.

Carl Dickinson - Technically speaking an awful footballer (As we all saw), no pace and can only play long balls down the channel. Much rather bed Stokes in and have Haynes pushing him.

Mark Marshall - Wasn't particularly impressed with him last year, not convincing with either foot. Much rather have JOB, Odelusi or Williams.

Ben Williamson - Beyond average.

Michael O'Connor - Decent enough midfielder, but saw enough of him for Rotherham last year to know he's no better than what we've got.

Now Pressley has gone and we have a man that SHOULD at the very least get the players organised, the worth of our squad should shine through.

Lets we forget, we have already beaten Vale this season.

Oh and Dickinson, Marshall, Brown and Williamson played, but I'm sure O'Connor would have made the difference
:)

stupot07

They would though.

Michael Brown - He is spent as a footballer, can't run and thats what his game was based on for the majority of his career (Having a good engine). He's just kicks people for a living these days.

Carl Dickinson - Technically speaking an awful footballer (As we all saw), no pace and can only play long balls down the channel. Much rather bed Stokes in and have Haynes pushing him.

Mark Marshall - Wasn't particularly impressed with him last year, not convincing with either foot. Much rather have JOB, Odelusi or Williams.

Michael O'Connor - Decent enough midfielder, but saw enough of him for Rotherham last year to know he's no better than what we've got.

Now Pressley has gone and we have a man that SHOULD at the very least get the players organised, the worth of our squad should shine through.

Oh and Dickinson, Marshall, Brown and Williamson played, but I'm sure O'Connor would have made the difference

Let's not forget that Worcester beat us, therefore their squad is better than ours, nouble, Jackson, JOB, Haynes, Barton all 'played' that day, but I'm sure Fleck would have made the difference.... ;)

Last edited:

stupot07

They would though.

I'm so sorry, I just couldn't help myself ;)
96730302d68021e328d9c1666ec5b93f.jpg

Nick

Administrator
LJC_CCFC in "if you have played football at a high level you would know" whilst knowing not much shocker.

LJC_CCFC

I'm so sorry, I just couldn't help myself ;)

Tbh I stand by what I said, granted Marshall had a decent game (direct running with ball sets him apart from the rest) but both teams were poor.

stupot07

Tbh I stand by what I said, granted Marshall had a decent game (direct running with ball sets him apart from the rest) but both teams were poor.

Yep, 2 very poor sides tbf

Gazolba

That must say something about us then. Whilst having a 'shocker', they can still put three goals past us away from home.

steveecov

Port vale were better than an average team today. Pope and marshall are excellent

Were always going to be. This had the new manager boost for 30 mins. Barring Peterborough, how many points dropped in second half from winning positions. Fitness, attitude but above all unity and desire all seem missing. Honestly never thought we would lose today.

LJC_CCFC

He's a Port Vale fan so I guess he has watched the players you mentioned.

This I was not aware of.

There was nothing I saw today that changed my opinion.

They are still an average side in an average league.

In before: "What does that make you then"

We are a woefully mismanaged side in an average league.

steveecov

This I was not aware of.

There was nothing I saw today that changed my opinion.

They are still an average side in an average league.

In before: "What does that make you then"

We are a woefully mismanaged side in an average league.

An average league which we both might leave this season.

stupot07

An average league which we both might leave this season.

Port Vale have 48 points, they won't go down this season. You can have a squad full of good individual players, but good teams are a sum of its parts, this is where we're seriously lacking.

You're still a poor side, although as I've said before I think the whole league are poor outside the top 5 (even then I don't really rate Sheffield Utd)

the only bit he was wrong on was saying we should be beating you with ease, as we are awful at the moment.

We have our problems (defensively) but if you look where Adams recovered us from and now Page is taking us forward to along with having 3 of the better players in the league in Neal, Marshall and the outstanding O'Connor it's a solid base for next season.

I do take your point that the top four (don't count the Blunts) are the stand out in an average league but if the league is average and we are two points off the top seven then that makes us far from poor.

Anyway best of luck for the rest of the season, look forward to two more games next season unless we do the unthinkable and win the play offs from 7th ;)

SkyBlue_Bear83

We have our problems (defensively) but if you look where Adams recovered us from and now Page is taking us forward to along with having 3 of the better players in the league in Neal, Marshall and the outstanding O'Connor it's a solid base for next season.

I do take your point that the top four (don't count the Blunts) are the stand out in an average league but if the league is average and we are two points off the top seven then that makes us far from poor.

Anyway best of luck for the rest of the season, look forward to two more games next season unless we do the unthinkable and win the play offs from 7th ;)

Yea, relative to the rest of the league you're ok but the standard of this league is shocking imo.

Gint11

For the first time in a long time I am looking forward to Saturdays game with excitement! Port Vale are a poor side in this division and one we should be beating with ease...I am hoping TM will get the best out these lot because if he does there is definitely potential for exciting football and more importantly GOALS.

Most sides in this league would love to be able to boast the fact they have players like tudgay, nouble, jackson, fleck...point being is this squad should be a lot higher up in the table it's just that Pressley didn't have a clue how to get the best out of them. Also hoping TM likes playing wingers and not this stupid 4-3-play wherever you want formation.

As I've said port vale are a poor side if we keep marshall quiet were in for a good day. Good

Granted it's easier for me to say this now I know the result but had I saw this post once it was posted I would have said the same. Utter tripe with your comments. How can you call them a poor side when they have more points than us. Who said 5-0 win, why? We concede goals. Complete nonsense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steveecov

Port Vale have 48 points, they won't go down this season. You can have a squad full of good individual players, but good teams are a sum of its parts, this is where we're seriously lacking.

Stu, I've always thought you one of the more astute (he's good too) on here.

Of course they won't go DOWN.

Doesn't mean they can't leave this division. Do you see?

stupot07

I see what your did there....

Personally I don't think they're quite good enough to get in the top 6, where as we are poor enough to finish in the bottom 4.

Users who are viewing this thread