Portsmouth- what on earth (1 Viewer)

skyblueinBaku

Do they still have 8 players? Two more went today - Haydon Mullins to Brum, and some South African has gone to a South African club. Now they will have to use kids from the academy like we did (and they should have) last season.

mark82

I see the administrator is giving the sob story. Haven't they been punished enough? Quite frankly, even with this seasons 10 points, no they haven't.

mark82

Do they still have 8 players? Two more went today - Haydon Mullins to Brum, and some South African has gone to a South African club. Now they will have to use kids from the academy like we did (and they should have) last season.

Even if they were left with one player they would probably still be outspending most clubs in this league.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
I see the administrator is giving the sob story. Haven't they been punished enough? Quite frankly, even with this seasons 10 points, no they haven't.

Exactly. The prev ten point deduction was for going into admin. These punishments are for cheerfully ignoring their prev CVA and screwing charities, small businesses and continuing to overspend massively.

I see Kanu has issued the FL with a claim for millions, which if valid, as a 'football creditor' he'd get 100% of and pretty much liquidate them...

Last edited:

Grendel

I see Chainrai might pull out now - if that ultimately leaves the club in the hands of the fans that might be no bad thing. When it's their own money on the line they might be less happy with success being bought with debt. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18826407

Yes they will realise success can only be bought at a price. It will be a price they won't be prepared to pay.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Ah, yes, a classic Pompey complaint: Why didn't you save us from ourselves?
http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/p...t-where-were-they-before-for-pompey-1-4052176

It isnt up to the FA to run a private company for its owners, and they can only monitor the information that is made available to them. They do not have an audit department that can go into each club for weeks at a time to get to the info and the clubs& owners know that. Is that a fault - probably yes. It took weeks for the insolvency guys to get to the full extent of the wrong doing at Pompey though...... blaming the FA for scurrilous, inept and possibly illegal trading is ridiculous

Yes the FA need to be tougher, yes need to toughen procedures and penalties but isnt it about time some of these clubs and owners took their responsibility?

lets be clear each and every club gets itself into the position ends not because of the FA

I have no sympathy for them ...... the owners, the manager, the players and some of the fans that seek to blame everyone else. The loyal fans that turn up pay their money and see that the club committed suicide thats different - they have my sympathy

Last edited:

ccfcway

Michael Appleton has made the shock move in a bid to hasten the seven high earners’ exit from the club.

A mixture of triallists and the development group have flown to Malaga on a tour which will see the Blues face Gibraltar and Brighton.

Development coach Guy Whittingham will keep an eye on the players left behind, who will follow a specially-prepared training programme.

Those who have not travelled to southern Spain are Tal Ben Haim, Liam Lawrence, Erik Huseklepp, Dave Kitson, Luke Varney, David Norris and Greg Halford.

Kanu, who is still in Nigeria, is believed to have informed the club he has quit and is now not expected to return.

It leaves Ashley Harris and Adam Webster as the only members of the pre-season tour with Pompey first-team experience.

And despite a potential run-out at Westleigh Park being scuppered by the rain on Saturday, Appleton believes it is in the senior players’ best interests to remain back here in England.

He said: ‘None of the senior players who were here last year will come to Spain.

‘They are going to have a training programme and hopefully they will be at pastures new by the time we return.

‘The idea is it gives them the chance to find other clubs – although it is not as easy as that, as we have found over the last 10 weeks or so.

‘Still, I think there’s an opportunity for them to go elsewhere and it certainly makes more sense them being in England rather than Spain.

ccfcway

not only have they gone to spain, its just the youth team that have gone to spain !

oh, and paid to take players that they dont even own !

ccfcway

Simon Gilett is also on trial with them, (after turning down a new contract at Donny), and get this...

Donny's chairman said ''We'd have loved to have kept Gilly, but once he became aware of what another club could offer him, we couldn't match that.''

:jerkit:

mark82

Simon Gilett is also on trial with them, (after turning down a new contract at Donny), and get this...

Donny's chairman said ''We'd have loved to have kept Gilly, but once he became aware of what another club could offer him, we couldn't match that.''

:jerkit:

Will they never learn.

ccfcway

Appleton has taken several trialists and youth-team players to Spain and the Pompey boss says it will be a useful exercise in bonding his squad.

Among those triallists are Izale Mcleod, Simon Gillett, Brian Howard, Moustapha Dumbuya, Jon Harley, Simon Eastwood, Luke Rogers and former Leeds winger Lloyd Sam.

er, how is taking a bunch of kids and loads of people who wont even be at the club "a useful exercise in bonding" ?

Astute

62 pages of I don't care.

Go for a walk or summut...

Only 16 pages for me.

If you don't want to read it I have a secret for you. If you don't click on the link it won't come up on your screen. You won't have to read it then.

usskyblue

Only 16 pages for me.

If you don't want to read it I have a secret for you. If you don't click on the link it won't come up on your screen. You won't have to read it then.

......and just when I thought the thread had reached maximum irrelevance...

spudgun2000

I would have thought that with Pompeii having -10 to start the season and most of the players they have being over paid and out the door, most of the fans would be screaming to have a board even as poor as ours, lets face it SISU have us in debt, but no where near as bad as what has happened to them

skybluebeduff

They've took another 3 on trail, yet on skysports it says Appleton has left his 1st team squad at home for the board to sell in the hope they can be sold to ease the club's financial worries. Doesn't make any sense to me at all. They should be using just youth and kids from a park after what they've done.

oakey

Brian Howard is one on trial, but thet cannot sign him as still under embargo. We should nip in and make him an offer with Keogh's freed up wages ... Before another club does.

Users who are viewing this thread