Portsmouth- what on earth (6 Viewers)

cloughie

I am sure that our upstanding and moralist supports would complain if we were in their position and were doing something similar. .

But we are close enough for comfort and the difference is we are not doing it

As a teacher surely you have morals

Sick Boy

But we are close enough for comfort and the difference is we are not doing it

As a teacher surely you have morals

I can just imagine an angry mob of CCFC supporters driving the new signings out of Ryton with their pitchforks in their hands. There are numerous people who complain that the club does not invest money into the playing that it does not have. Surely what a lot of people on here want SISU to do is exactly what Pompey are doing? How is it any different?

The position we find ourselves in is not as bad as theirs (thankfully). Haven't they signed him on a month contract as well?

If we are 'close enough for comfort', then aren't we being a bit naughty ourselves by having such an over-inflated squad as well? I don't like Portsmouth at all, but how can you ignore the hypocrisy of those who have tantrums about CCFC/SISU not splashing the cash on the squad? How is it any different? It would also be putting the future of the football club in great danger.

cloughie

I can just imagine an angry mob of CCFC supporters driving the new signings out of Ryton with their pitchforks in their hands. There are numerous people who complain that the club does not invest money into the playing that it does not have. Surely what a lot of people on here want SISU to do is exactly what Pompey are doing? How is it any different?

The position we find ourselves in is not as bad as theirs (thankfully). Haven't they signed him on a month contract as well?

If we are 'close enough for comfort', then aren't we being a bit naughty ourselves by having such an over-inflated squad as well? I don't like Portsmouth at all, but how can you ignore the hypocrisy of those who have tantrums about CCFC/SISU not splashing the cash on the squad? How is it any different? It would also be putting the future of the football club in great danger.

We are to close to their situation IF sisu were to pull the plug because they are blocked from buying a share in the Ricoh, but the irony is that sisu do have the cash( ie for the Ricoh) but not for the club.

The only reason that they fund the club is for the cheap deal rights that the CCFC own regarding the Ricoh

Sick Boy

We are to close to their situation IF sisu were to pull the plug because they are blocked from buying a share in the Ricoh, but the irony is that sisu do have the cash( ie for the Ricoh) but not for the club.

The only reason that they fund the club is for the cheap deal rights that the CCFC own regarding the Ricoh

The money to buy the Ricoh would come from investors who are not currently investing in CCFC.

Surely their objective will still to be to sell the club for a profit and if owning the stadium goes some way to doing that then surely that is a good thing? We aren't going to get someone coming in and splashing millions of pounds on the squad? How would that work with financial fair play rules?

It would be the same with any takeover as well, the main attraction would be for the stadium and the land surrounding, not the football team.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Not far off a thousand posts now, eh guys? Just can't understand why a thread about Portsmouth has gained so much interest? They're a nothing club!

SkyBlue_Bear83

Am I right in thinking that Pompey are going to get another ten point deduction? I thought I heard Geoff Stelling say it on Soccer Saturday at the weekend. I thought they'd had their deduction last season, or is this for going into admin within again two years? I thought I heard something like that.

Still beggars belief that they're still going with the 'boom and bust' method to get them back to the Premier League.
Yes I believe so, when they exit administration they will be deducted 10 points

Stevec189

The difference is we do not owe the tax man or local charities money. If we did I would still have the same view that it is theft of public money pure and simple. PUSB

Grendel

The difference is we do not owe the tax man or local charities money. If we did I would still have the same view that it is theft of public money pure and simple. PUSB

So I assume you were very against the prior regime which included Elliot on the board? They owed local businesses and the taxman considerable sums. Without sisu the tax bill would never have been paid.

Brighton Sky Blue

I am sure that our upstanding and moralist supports would complain if we were in their position and were doing something similar.

I am not a fan of Appleton, but I had more respect for him than our manager last season, at least Appleton has some backbone and fights his corner for his team for himself and his club.

Simply can't agree with this SB. There's fighting your corner and then there's Appleton-happy to see 30+ staff made redundant as long as he can sign a few players on 20 grand a week.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I think for me its the fact that they keep doing it....... keep ripping the taxman and small businesses off and seemingly do not see any wrong in it. They are not the only ones - we have been not averse to ripping folk off in the past. Pompey however, with the exception of Rangers, are the most high profile in the UK

Trouble is all of football seems to operate in an alternate universe when it comes to business sense and morals and while that remains then nothing will change and it will keep happening

Brighton Sky Blue

"This is the type of player we can sign and with a little bit of backing the type of player we will continue to sign.

"We are now up to our 20 player limit as we are in administration which is annoying because there are other players like Akos Buzsaky who want to sign for the club."

Lesson learned obviously.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
They are using the system ...... we would do the same i would guess. Until the league and FA really address the football finance problem then it will continue to happen. Also while clubs merrily blame every one and everything else for their predicament then it will keep happening

football reality ............. no such thing :facepalm:

I'mARealWizard

Oh good grief. What's more shameful? Their current state of play, or one of their ex-players becoming part of TOWIE?

article-2209962-15400A03000005DC-850_634x877.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ts-hair-raising-new-films-TOWIE-series-7.html

I'mARealWizard

"This is the type of player we can sign and with a little bit of backing the type of player we will continue to sign.

"We are now up to our 20 player limit as we are in administration which is annoying because there are other players like Akos Buzsaky who want to sign for the club."

Lesson learned obviously.

Well, surprise surprise...

They managed to get Buzsaky!

http://www.portsmouth-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/pompey_bag_buzsaky_760848/index.shtml

:facepalm:

Loughborough Sky Blue

Isn't it ironic that our first thread with 1000 posts is about another club.

not really. everything cov related is spread out over thousands of separate threads, whereas there is only a single thread for Portsmouth, so it's all concentrated.

people are interested in what's going on at Portsmouth because when Richardson decided to 'have a punt' our whatever it was he said, it could have resulted in us going the way of pompey. we went the other way and tried to sort ourselves out, however it has not left us in a much better state than them in the long run, which is why it still interested people.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Plus, Pompey going into admin last season gave us a chance of staying up, and their -10 this season (whenever their bezzie mates the FL decide to issue it) might just keep us up...

CCFCSteve

Portsmouth...at it again !

In the paper that McLeod is on 4k a week. For a club on the verge of going bust they certainly know how to spend cash !!!

Sick Boy

Here we go again, people getting on their moral high-horse about Portsmouth but then criticise CCFC for not investing money they don't have.

skybluebeduff

They signed Akos Buzasky and he played against Wycombe for them last night, they should be only allowed to play their youth, so much special dispensation for them it's pathetic and really grinds my gears!!

ccfcway

Is Chris Tarrant in charge of their points deduction

"You have a 10 point penalty, but we dont wanna give you that"

How long does it go on ?, can they complete the season without the -10 points being attribuitd to them ?

Users who are viewing this thread