"Positive" Talks With Cranie (1 Viewer)

WillieStanley

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11710/7786717/-Positive-talks-with-Cranie
Cranie_2748640.jpg
Martin Cranie: Coventry are in talks with the defender and his agent to keep him at the Ricoh

Sky Bet

Coventry City have described talks to keep defender Martin Cranie at the club as "positive".
The former England Under 21 player arrived at the Ricoh Arena in 2009 from Portsmouth
spacer.gif
on a three-year deal, but following the Sky Blues' relegation to League One it is likely the out-of-contract Cranie
spacer.gif
will be of interest to clubs wishing to bolster their defence during the summer.
"I've had positive discussions with Martin," Coventry's development director Steve Waggott told the Coventry Evening Telegraph.
"We met last week and I am due to meet his agent in central London to continue the discussions in terms of what they are looking for in a package and what we can afford really, going forward, to see if we can create something to convince Martin to stay at Coventry.
"He's keen to do it because obviously there is all the unsettling of moving house etc if he moves to another club, but then again, if a club of a higher league status comes in with a package then he's got to consider that."
He added: "We'll know more when we have had more talks but Martin certainly seems to be giving some positive words about staying if we can get somewhere near what he believes he deserves."

Sub

positive talks with cranie:thinking about:
positive talks with the council:thinking about:
positive talks with ACL :thinking about:
positive talks with the Higgs:thinking about:
positive talks with keogh:thinking about:

Positive talks with the fans :thinking about::thinking about::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit:

Astute

At least they talk positively about positive talks :whistle:

Sub

i think SISU have found a new word to use in the hope to get more season tickets sold :facepalm::facepalm: POSITIVE !!!!;)

Brighton Sky Blue

In other news, heroic Pompey manager Michael Appleton announced his delight at being granted a £20 million 'sportsmanship bonus' from the Football League regarding his humility during the 2011/12 season. 'This money won't go to waste', said Appleton, 'I'm optimistic we can bring in another 15 players, with more to follow once our overdraft's extended'. Coventry manager Andy Thorn was full of envy of his bald-headed counterpart, adding 'Freddy ate next year's food budget, so the lads will be foraging for their meals next season-perhaps a lean diet will benefit some of our bulkier players as a result'.

WillieStanley

In other news, heroic Pompey manager Michael Appleton announced his delight at being granted a £20 million 'sportsmanship bonus' from the Football League regarding his humility during the 2011/12 season. 'This money won't go to waste', said Appleton, 'I'm optimistic we can bring in another 15 players, with more to follow once our overdraft's extended'. Coventry manager Andy Thorn was full of envy of his bald-headed counterpart, adding 'Freddy ate next year's food budget, so the lads will be foraging for their meals next season-perhaps a lean diet will benefit some of our bulkier players as a result'.

Not to mention the special exemption from Financial Fair Play Rules until... yer know... whenever.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
yep they are positive we cant afford him and he is positive he can get more at a championship club :facepalm:

Brighton Sky Blue

In Portsmouth, shops have done away with tills at the check-outs. Instead, you tell the manager he'll get 4p in the pound if he's lucky and walk away with the goods.

chiefdave

The funniest part of this is he was in the local paper the other day saying how he expects to have 18 new players in for the start of the season! :eek:

Ashdown

One of Keogh or Cranie will go I'm sure! So probably will Bigi, McPake and Wood. More than anything we need at least 2 strikers and an experienced tough tackling midfielder.

Voice_of_Reason

Cranie and Keogh are bestest mates, so are their respective girl-friends... my feeling is they will both stop with Sky Blues as both love it here.

Gray

he can't leave...if he does he will get a lot of stick for the number plate he has on his car

albatross

I cant believe that they they still expect us to take this crap in.

When ever city have positive talks with any player where there is interest else where it follows a familiar path.

Positive talks....... looking good.....everyone has a price .......gone.....

remember last year marlon King had such positive talks we announced he had agreen to sighn but it alerted our neighbours to put in a better offer...... and SISU claimed thay had been out priced our hands are tied.....

I really dont think SISU will be able to afford the Wages of Keogh and Craine so pretend progress in order to sell tickets with no funds to pay the rent or the player.....

coop

The only reason the talks are positive are because no one else has come in with an offer.IMO as soon as an offer comes in he will be gone.It tells you alot about the way the club is being run when players leave to play in a lower league.Platt,Eastwood for example

Jimmy Hill's Chin

The only reason the talks are positive are because no one else has come in with an offer.IMO as soon as an offer comes in he will be gone.It tells you alot about the way the club is being run when players leave to play in a lower league.Platt,Eastwood for example

To be fair to the club's owners (which I very rarely am), Eastwood was rightly deemed surplus to requirements and not offered a new deal. As for Platt, I can't imagine there was a great effort on the part of the club to retain his services.

Otis

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11710/7786717/-Positive-talks-with-Cranie
Cranie_2748640.jpg

"I've had positive discussions with Marlon," Coventry's development director Steve Waggott told the Coventry Evening Telegraph.
"We met last week and I am due to meet his agent in central London to continue the discussions in terms of what they are looking for in a package and what we can afford really, going forward, to see if we can create something to convince Marlon to stay at Coventry.
"He's keen to do it because obviously there is all the unsettling of moving house etc if he moves to another club, but then again, if a club of a higher league status comes in with a package then he's got to consider that."
He added: "We'll know more when we have had more talks but Marlon certainly seems to be giving some positive words about staying if we can get somewhere near what he believes he deserves."

Hope you don't mind. Just changed one word.

Users who are viewing this thread