Power Cut (1 Viewer)

Hugh Jarse

It's alright I got my Butler to start up the generator.

Is this meant to imply AP is posh?

Before I left Cov in the early 80's, AP was always the place to live but having been there a few times in recent years, parts of it are looking very ragged and downright scruffy. So where is the 'in' place to live now in Cov?

LastGarrison

I've lived in Wyken all my life, give or take, and just on secondment this side but yeah definitely not a bad place to live.

Don't know where you would class as the "in" place to live is. Like anything depends what you what out of an area.

All though with your use of the phrase 'down right scruffy' I would imagine mine and yours would differ.

Hugh Jarse

I used to know mates who lived in Wyken, used to meet them and go driking at the Pippin.

I left Cov 30 odd years ago and visit regularly to see relatives and friends but I always look forward to the A45 for the journey home! I like it where I am now, 90 minutes away where the pace of life isn't so urgent and people actually have smiles on their faces and say hello to you when you pass in the street.

Old school, that's me.:wave:

LastGarrison

I used to know mates who lived in Wyken, used to meet them and go driking at the Pippin.

I left Cov 30 odd years ago and visit regularly to see relatives and friends but I always look forward to the A45 for the journey home! I like it where I am now, 90 minutes away where the pace of life isn't so urgent and people actually have smiles on their faces and say hello to you when you pass in the street.

Old school, that's me.:wave:

Fair play, still use the Pippen from time to time but it's usually the Devon and the Rose and Crown for me.

Cov gets slated but there is certainly worse places in the country to live.

Covstu

Fair play, still use the Pippen from time to time but it's usually the Devon and the Rose and Crown for me.

Cov gets slated but there is certainly worse places in the country to live.

nowt wrong with being a Wyken Viking!! Dev is a shit hole now though!

LastGarrison

nowt wrong with being a Wyken Viking!! Dev is a shit hole now though!

Hold my hands up and say I don't use it as regularly as I used to but probably in there every 3 weeks or so and I don't think it's gone down hill that bad.

Too be fair though only ever use the bar and never go in the lounge.

Users who are viewing this thread