pre season tourof holland (1 Viewer)

ricohman

Skyblues confirm pre season tour of holland, just got the twitter txt alert.

Sisu are obviously not as skint as we think

urbanbushmonkey

Skyblues confirm pre season tour of holland, just got the twitter txt alert.

Sisu are obviously not as skint as we think

Amsterdam it is...

Not as exciting as it could be though, City fans are quite used to paying hard earned cash to be fucked over by nameless money grabbing whores.

ricohman

Sky Blues boss Steven Pressley has confirmed plans for the club's overseas pre-season training camp ahead of the start of City's 2013/14 League One campaign.

Pressley will be taking his squad just outside Arnhem in the Netherlands on July 14th for an intensive seven-day training camp sprinkled with friendlies featuring sides from the Eredivisie and Dutch second tier.

Details of the Sky Blues' proposed friendlies are currently waiting to be approved by FIFA before they can officially be announced.

Pressley said he wanted to use the week-long camp to test his side and he was confident the proposed friendlies would do just that.

"This is an ideal opportunity to use the right training camp and the right facilities to really test the squad but also give them a chance to integrate as a group so we can progress and emphasise the culture we want to create at the club, Pressley said.

"I went to Holland a number of times as a player and I know what to expect. The games are demanding and it's all part of working towards the progress I want us to make so that we are peaking from the first league game of the season.

"The teams we will be playing will be of a very high standard and will certainly provide the kind of test that I am looking for because if we're to be successful next season it's crucial that we adopt a passing philosophy but we are also comfortable with the Route One football that we will be up against from certain teams in League One next season."

Keep checking www.ccfc.co.uk for details of the Sky Blues' overseason friendlies as and when they are confirmed.

shy_tall_knight

Think of that sketch from Carry on up the Khyber where the officers are having dinner whilst a battle rages on outside.

SISU are here for a long time I fear. Fisher & Waggot could have had an impact if here from 2007 but I fear they have lost all the confidence of most of the SBA and when there are other parties interested in the club it only makes SISU look even worse if that's possible.

ajsccfc

Arnhem was the ground we were influenced by for the early plans for ARENA 2000, I recall. Sliding pitch and all that jazz.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Lovely cafes! Nice ladies! What more could the team want! ;)

NorthernWisdom

Fisher & Waggot could have had an impact if here from 2007 but I fear they have lost all the confidence of most of the SBA and when there are other parties interested in the club it only makes SISU look even worse if that's possible.

In Waggott's defence he's dodged most of the flack hasn't he? There could still be a role for him, although any new owner would probably want their own team in.

covcity4life

who are we losing in summer? may have to repalce them with academy kids

but even if we are saddled with majority of last years team you would hope pressley can get them challenging for top half

spwaverley4916

International airports near Arnhem, Netherlands

85 km: Weeze Airport - Weeze, Germany (NRN / EDLV)
89 km: Eindhoven Airport - Eindhoven, Netherlands (EIN / EHEH)
106 km: Amsterdam Airport Schiphol - Amsterdam, Netherlands (AMS / EHAM)
116 km: Rotterdam The Hague Airport - Rotterdam, Netherlands (RTM / EHRD)
122 km: Düsseldorf International Airport - Dusseldorf, Germany (DUS / EDDL)
150 km: Dortmund Airport - Dortmund, Germany (DTM / EDLW)
156 km: Maastricht Aachen Airport - Maastricht, Netherlands (MST / EHBK)
159 km: Groningen Airport Eelde - Groningen, Netherlands (GRQ / EHGG)
167 km: Münster Osnabrück International Airport - Munster, Germany (FMO / EDDG)
167 km: Antwerp International Airport - Antwerp, Belgium (ANR / EBAW)

spwaverley4916

birmingham to Amsterdam return about £110 - 1hr 20 mins, amsterdam to arnhem 1hr 10ish on train direct cost about 15euro one way.

ThievingScally

Good news.

Some/Any normal activity at the club - suggests we might have a team to our name next year.

Not expensive to go to Holland for a week. Probably more worthwhile (and better for the players) than playing awful Scottish teams.

PUSB

TSx

I have just done a bit business with Heineken and as a Thank you they have thrown in a all expenses paid weekend in Amsterdam, with a tour of the Heineken Brewery...well looks like im in!!:claping hands:

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Looks like my summer has been planned for me ;)

Bit different to Highland Scotland, but I guess it's not a 9 hour drive either!

Own transport so no funding SISU, see my team. Plus get a decent holiday at the same time. Win Win I say.

And of course, I will try and keep my updates up like last year!

orig skyblue87

Just looking into going from Blackpool 588 miles via Dover/Calais, or 508 via Harwich.........

Think Calais would be best i presume the ferry must be 6/8 hours?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Just looking into going from Blackpool 588 miles via Dover/Calais, or 508 via Harwich.........

Think Calais would be best i presume the ferry must be 6/8 hours?

Think I'd get lost driving. Less chance getting lost if I fly then rent a car over there! (Sounds like that makes no sense at all, but it makes sense to me ;) )

shy_tall_knight

Driven to nijmegen from Coventry many times and is a cheap way of doing it if there are a few in the car. About 3 hours to the tunnel and about another 3 hours to Nijmegen / arnhem (Gelderland).

Stop off it Brugges for a bit of culture.
It is toll free journey
Call into Auchan Calais for some cheap wine on the way back
drive fast through Belgium and stop off at Trucky Waasmunster

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Driven to nijmegen from Coventry many times and is a cheap way of doing it if there are a few in the car. About 3 hours to the tunnel and about another 3 hours to Nijmegen / arnhem (Gelderland).

Stop off it Brugges for a bit of culture.
It is toll free journey
Call into Auchan Calais for some cheap wine on the way back
drive fast through Belgium and stop off at Trucky Waasmunster

I'd like to say that sounded simple.......but I'd be lying ;)

shy_tall_knight

It is easy, the tunnel allows you to join the motorway straight away, its non-stop motorway past dunkirk into Belgium, which you can speed through up to the Antwerp ring road then a choice of motorways in Holland to get to Gelderland. The film a bridge too far is based on arnhem, there are some bridges crossing some very wide rivers.

shy_tall_knight

Door to door about 8 hours, tunnel takes about 35 mins but have to arrive about 30 mins early for your crossing, the worst traffic will be M25 but once in kent tends to be clear all the way to the tunnel if never been to Brugge worth a no traffic in France, Belgium clear untill Antwerp ring, Holland can be a bit slow as although loads of motorways often only 2 lanes.

Sick Boy

You need to be careful on the Dutch motorways if you are speeding. If you are caught going a certain number of kilometres over the limit, they take your car away unless someone else is insured to drive it.

Users who are viewing this thread