Press release (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

How do you "prevent relegation to league 1"? Im sure Norwich, Notts Forest, Southampton, Wolves, Sheff Utd would have liked to prevent it but it still happened.

If the "list goes on and on" why dont you mention all the things on it to make the statement more powerful.

Generally a piss poor effort which now is supposed to represent every fan.

tbf though they didn't even try to prevent it

RFC

RFC your confidence is SISU's ability to turn around this downward spiral is admirable yet equally obsessive. As a fan you are important to the club but more important are the 1,000s of lost fans. This can't continue an away win at Walsall although good was by a team of loanees and short term contracts. SISU have employed the PR company to promote a club that has no stock in its clubshop. SISU are not fit for purpose.

Don't bring irrelevancies into the thread about the shop stock, fact lead time to obtain orders 20 to 30 weeks!

The club is in profit for the first time in many, many years thanks to the fact the rent is now sustainable and we are being run prudently, just for a change.

Nick

Administrator
I'll get hounded and slated for this, but if you have had so many meetings with fans like you keep tweeting and this is the outcome then it is shocking. If you have consortiums waiting to buy like you also say then get them to come out with their plans for the club, how are they going to be better than SISU? How can we get SISU out and hand over to these great new people? I am pretty sure you will have a lot more people behind it, I know I would be.

Nick

Administrator
Don't bring irrelevancies into the thread about the shop stock, fact lead time to obtain orders 20 to 30 weeks!

The club is in profit for the first time in many, many years thanks to the fact the rent is now sustainable and we are being run prudently, just for a change.

To be honest, you tend to just make SISU look even worse when posting and trying to defend them.

AndreasB

By doing what? Sacking Andy Thorn I presume because there was NO other reason that side should have been relegated that season. We were inept and capitulated in too many important games. Nowt to do with Sisu or failure to "invest in the team"

SkyBlueSid

Correct! Most people realised even at the start of that season that we were absolute certs for relegation with a woeful squad, a useless manager and no investment. It was painful watching us plough onwards through the season to the inevitable conclusion and drop with barely a whimper.

Nick

Administrator
Not defending them just pointing out FACTS!

That you obviously dislike.

Yes but the whole stock in 12 months or however long thing doesn't really paint them in a good light does it?

I like to only deal with facts, but whether those facts are used to make somebody look good or not or defend against something is questionable.

Gosford Green

SISU constantly insist on all possible revenue streams. I take my youngest up to get a shirt just before Christmas and the place was almost empty, SISU are supposed to be business savvy but can not even manage to stock a small retail unit. *

*Excluding Leicester City seconds.

RFC

Yes but the whole stock in 12 months or however long thing doesn't really paint them in a good light does it?

I like to only deal with facts, but whether those facts are used to make somebody look good or not or defend against something is questionable.

Forecasts would have been based on us still playing at Sixfields and last seasons turnover.

Things changed suddenly on our return to Ricoh, lead time for newly placed orders 20 to 30 weeks! Check it out.

shy_tall_knight

How do you know the club is profitable ?, can't rely on what SISU say such as land purchases etc.., cash positive is not necessarily profitable if it is based on player sales which are not reinvested. And this low rent won't be a factor when we move to a new stadium because if with your grasp of finances you will understand that the interest costs on a £20m loan will be close to our old rental payments but with a much smaller number of fans to support it.

I work in logistics and are fully familiar how the garments sector works with certain retailers copying designs from the Paris catwalks to having the product produced and in the shops within 6 weeks, the club shop is a shambles and demonstrable evidence of their ineffectiveness at running a club.

blueflint

By doing what? Sacking Andy Thorn I presume because there was NO other reason that side should have been relegated that season. We were inept and capitulated in too many important games. Nowt to do with Sisu or failure to "invest in the team"

they failed to get a manager that could what more do you need

Nick

Administrator
SISU constantly insist on all possible revenue streams. I take my youngest up to get a shirt just before Christmas and the place was almost empty, SISU are supposed to be business savvy but can not even manage to stock a small retail unit. *

*Excluding Leicester City seconds.

The thing is though, nearly all of the SISU haters who will no doubt be behind (by behind I mean backing) this will say "Coventry City can just rent, they dont need revenue 365 and the beer money etc" but then come out and say "Wasps had to move, they needed the revenue of owning a stadium".

Although I fully agree with you about not having stock, thats a schoolboy error.

Nick

Administrator
yes wasps needed a revenue as well big difference is they were happy to negotiate and do a deal not use back handed tactics

But CCFC don't need the revenues?

As soon as people just turn the question around things start to get a bit tricky. I don't doubt Wasps may be better negotiators, but did they need it to survive or not? If so, why don't CCFC?

If Wasps HAD to move to survive and that is ok, would it be OK for CCFC to move to survive?

I don't think people really think things through before making statements.

SkyblueBazza

Could we not all turn up, get behind the team and create an atmosphere like Gillingham and show SISU would they could have? Even if they don't go its been a great atmosphere and hopefully pushed the team on to win.

This whole "do this on this minute" really is a bit random, isn't it? It will be even harder to do if they aren't showing the time on the scoreboard like the last game....

Do you find it ironic that so many people going on about this protest and saying if it is outside of the coventry boundary they aren't interested but now support Wasps? The message is that you won't support CCFC if they are moved to say Bermuda but support Wasps, is that not a bit floored?

What is the actual aim of the protest?
Unity...lol

PUSB

SkyBlue_Bear83

Rubbish, we played a lot of the season with Mcdonald, Platt as our two main strikers who were barely L1 standard. Two 17/18 year olds in Bigirimana and Thomas were first team regulars in the midfield and an 18 year old Christie at full back.

Not to mention Baker, Bell, Hussey, Mcsheffrey all played a lot of games who all clearly were below championship standard at the time.

We'd let a host of players go that preseason and replaced them with Murphy, Dunn and Mcdonald. Got in a few loans come January but it wasn't enough, not to mention as you say we had Andy Thorn as manager as well.

Nick

Administrator
Rubbish, we played a lot of the season with Mcdonald, Platt as our two main strikers who were barely L1 standard. Two 17/18 year olds in Bigirimana and Thomas were first team regulars in the midfield and an 18 year old Christie at full back.

Not to mention Baker, Bell, Hussey, Mcsheffrey all played a lot of games who all clearly were below championship standard at the time.

We'd let a host of players go that preseason and replaced them with Murphy, Dunn and Mcdonald. Got in a few loans come January but it wasn't enough, not to mention as you say we had Andy Thorn as manager as well.

We also used to regularly take the lead and lose it because the manager didn't know how to change things...

Nick

Administrator
Unity...lol

PUSB

Don't joke about it, the whole "majority" and "minority" thing will start being thrown about again.

Let's not forget the "majority" welcomed SISU here, the "majority" thought Thorn was a great manager, the "majority" want wasps here...

AndreasB

I think with all those players you just mentioned, you have fucked up your own argument there.

Covcraig@bury

this is just the crap that people seem to tweet all day every day over and over on twitter.

What are you going to do with this protest if there is no clock on the scoreboard like the last game?

Surely after having so many meetings with fans groups and something this would have been raised?

"buy a fucking watch " !!!

SkyBlue_Bear83

We also used to regularly take the lead and lose it because the manager didn't know how to change things...

I'm not saying the manager was any good but anyone who thinks he had a good squad or even an average squad is off their head.

Forgot other quality players like Deegan, O'Donovan, Mcpake who played a decent number of games that season as well.

Nick

Administrator
I'm not saying the manager was any good but anyone who thinks he had a good squad or even an average squad is off their head.

Forgot other quality players like Deegan, O'Donovan, Mcpake who played a decent number of games that season as well.

I'm by no means saying we should have been promoted, I don't think with a good manager we would have been relegated though. It was the fact we often took the lead and then you could see miles off that we were going to lose the lead and the game.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I think with all those players you just mentioned, you have fucked up your own argument there.

I don't think I have chap, whose fault was it we had Bigirimana and Thomas running our championship midfield that year? Do you think that was a tactical decision by the manager or the fact we had no one else due to a lack of funds available?

Nick

Administrator
I don't think I have chap, whose fault was it we had Bigirimana and Thomas running our championship midfield that year? Do you think that was a tactical decision by the manager or the fact we had no one else due to a lack of funds available?

Is that the same 2 players that people shouted about being sold off because they were great by the same people moaning about us having them in midfield to get us relegated?

SkyBlue_Bear83

I'm by no means saying we should have been promoted, I don't think with a good manager we would have been relegated though. It was the fact we often took the lead and then you could see miles off that we were going to lose the lead and the game.

A better manager would have certainly performed better, kept us up? Possibly. Any manager which kept us up though would have been overachieving with the squad at his disposal (assuming he used the same players and didn't sign different possibly better players)

Users who are viewing this thread