Pressley Favourite (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

I expect someone around the 25/1 mark to get it with Sconsett or Arvo putting £100k or so on it.

Hobo

Heard Talksport earlier and they were sympathetic to our plight, they quoted Mowbray as illustrating his frustration when he said "I felt I was just flipping a coin rather than building a team." He felt we have great youngsters they just need a bit of support with a bit of investment to bring 2 or 3 players in of the right experience and calibre.

skybluebeduff

Hopefully Pressley being favourite is just some deluded clown lumping a big lump sum on him, and hopefully losing it too. Who the fook wants to watch his style of football again? Listen to his bullshit interviews? Watch him scream at the kids so they lose their confidence even more?

Monkeyface

Would be interesting to see who was a fault if he did get the job! Pressley was hired by SISU, but his shite brand of football was his making alone, and SISU made the right decision to give him the boot, but if SISU give him the job again, who's a fault then... I reckon it'd be Pressleys fault for accepting the job when he knew he was shit! This could really blow some minds!

W

westcountry_skyblue

Wonder who would be in his bomb squad this time if he got the job?
Like everyone says wouldn't need a boycott with him back,He would manage it himself!!

Warwickhunt

I think we still owe him monies

PVA

I do love the fickleness of football fans.

Pressley and Mowbray were both the saviours, the best thing since sliced bread and then a few months later they're clueless clowns who need to be sacked immediately.

matesx

I do love the fickleness of football fans.

Pressley and Mowbray were both the saviours, the best thing since sliced bread and then a few months later they're clueless clowns who need to be sacked immediately.
That's football!

ccfc92

Hopefully Pressley being favourite is just some deluded clown lumping a big lump sum on him, and hopefully losing it too. Who the fook wants to watch his style of football again? Listen to his bullshit interviews? Watch him scream at the kids so they lose their confidence even more?

RFC?

higgs

No disrespect to pressley but the same as mogga their time was up things just weren't going to turn around. We need new ideas from a different manager someone who is going to take no crap and not settle for less than 100% from our players. When u see the mistake ricketts made against Gillingham where he didn't get his head on the ball more afraid of getting hurt rather that wanting to clear the ball more than the attacker wanted to score it's criminal something is wrong we shouldn't have to put up with that non commitment same with RCC he should have took man and ball for wimbledons first goal. We need aggression and passion on that pitch we are in a dog fight we need a leader

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

ps1948

What about Big Sam coming back and doing a spell of community service, or even Di Matteo, who must be on a knife-edge at the Vile.....

RegTheDonk

What about Big Sam coming back and doing a spell of community service, or even Di Matteo, who must be on a knife-edge at the Vile.....

Jesus, Sam did a bit of fiddling - he didn't murder anyone :D

Seriously, can't see him being a charity case and doing it for peanunts. I also think Presley would be a mistake, he supposedly lost the dressing room with his attitude, respect is earned through ability not shouting loudly.

Macca

Fans know nothing. After we scraped a 1-0 win in the homecoming game people wanted to give him a 6 year contract.

Warwickhunt

I doubt it will be Presley he dismantled the scouting network as spite towards the club owners so think on again. I would prefer Cotterell or adkins

JimmyHillsbeard

I definitely don't want him back as manager but I still like the bloke.

Some of the things he's criticised for - calling out Reda Johnson lack of commitment to look after himself between matches, and being publicly unhappy with the failure of some senior players to take a home cup defeat by Worcester seriously strike me as good things.

He gave Calium Wilson his chance, got the best out of Leon Clarke and was absolutely right to let Gary McShefrrey leave. Personally I bought he was right about Baker too but even if not that decision is less serious than the release of Martin and Phillips this summer by a manager who is lauded by most here.

ccfchoi87

I definitely don't want him back as manager but I still like the bloke.

Some of the things he's criticised for - calling out Reda Johnson lack of commitment to look after himself between matches, and being publicly unhappy with the failure of some senior players to take a home cup defeat by Worcester seriously strike me as good things.

He gave Calium Wilson his chance, got the best out of Leon Clarke and was absolutely right to let Gary McShefrrey leave. Personally I bought he was right about Baker too but even if not that decision is less serious than the release of Martin and Phillips this summer by a manager who is lauded by most here.

He was right about baker who then went to Mk Dons scoring 10 goals to get them promoted and our top scorer that year got how many? 8? And where did we finish? It was a great decision for Carl baker and mk dons but certainly not for us.

NorthernWisdom

I'd reckon the decision to release Baker was right, too. He faded in the second half of the Sixfields season, we got O'Brien in in place of him (and the gnashing of teeth when *he* left was not dissimilar) so the younger player with longer term promise, as a straight swap seemed fine.

Could also argue Swanson was meant to replace Baker too of course, and that didn't work out so well...

But Pressley weren't perfect, some glaring errors and flaws. But nor was he a mindless incompetent either.

Pretty much like Mowbray...

Captain Dart

If he wants it he'll get it.

Nice cheap option.

I think he will suck it and see for a week or so.
If it is going well there won't be a new appointment at least not till Jan.
Whatever he decides I can't see how he can be a director/manager for long.

hutch1972

My thoughts exactly , easy way to save money by agreeing some kind of deal regarding his pay off.

Users who are viewing this thread