Pressley Upbeat needs to see a shrink (1 Viewer)

covboy1987

Pressley is reported as been upbeat and confident about the new season ahead!
Although admire him for his loyalty on saying the right things he is starting to annoy me with his get the troops and fans motivated comments, the guy must know something we don't know as please somebody tell him we are still in a transfer embargo and cannot sign any new players, we have had the wages budget cut in half, we haven't a home ground ,if we play outside the city then our players will be playing potentially in front of less than a thousand city 'home fans' with the away teams of the majority of clubs out numbering us at 'home games'
It must be interesting a fly on the wall listening to him signing one of his potential 6 or 7 new players 'if i join your great club where will we be playing' Don't know- if i was to agree when can i sign - Don't know- must fill a new player with such confidence
Overall we did not play well at home last season and that was at the Ricoh, we have been generally crap under his tenure (allowing for off field issues) senior players have already left and 6 more are not in his plans but he is still upbeat and confident - Relegation is the only thing he can be confident about probably by the league record of least number of points

Otis

It's his job to be upbeat though isn't it.

Hardly going to help morale if he is all glum and down in the mouth.

_brian_

No offence, but that's nonsense, Otis! Being upbeat and confident won't wash with us City fans - it just isn't right, mate!

jimmyhillsfanclub

....I take my hat off to him.....it must be hard to fight against a national trait...

....is that a bit racist? Nah....if it goes to court...I'll claim the "football banter" defence....

..which may well be the strongest defence we'll see this season Geoff

SBS

No offence, but that's nonsense, Otis! Being upbeat and confident won't wash with us City fans - it just isn't right, mate!

I don't really care if it washes with the fans, what's important is that it washes with the players.

ajsccfc

Pressley upbeat, needs to see a shrink
he prescribed two a day with a nice hot drink
it’s the spongey bit for granny she lose all control
I can’t see it myself cos I love de fig roll

fernandopartridge

Although admire him for his loyalty on saying the right things he is starting to annoy me with his get the troops and fans motivated comments, the guy must know something we don't know as please somebody tell him we are still in a transfer embargo and cannot sign any new players, we have had the wages budget cut in half, we haven't a home ground ,if we play outside the city then our players will be playing potentially in front of less than a thousand city 'home fans' with the away teams of the majority of clubs out numbering us at 'home games'
It must be interesting a fly on the wall listening to him signing one of his potential 6 or 7 new players 'if i join your great club where will we be playing' Don't know- if i was to agree when can i sign - Don't know- must fill a new player with such confidence
Overall we did not play well at home last season and that was at the Ricoh, we have been generally crap under his tenure (allowing for off field issues) senior players have already left and 6 more are not in his plans but he is still upbeat and confident - Relegation is the only thing he can be confident about probably by the league record of least number of points

He's hardly going to come out and say "We might as well give up".

RoboCCFC90

It must be a sad world when people are slating the manager, because he is "upbeat and confident about the new season".

FFS come on! It's all doom and gloom at the moment and yet we are slating the only man who has confidence and is trying to share that confidence.. :facepalm::facepalm:

Evo1883

really he is just another yes man that will say whatever the owners and board want to hear , we had one before he was called andy thorn ,the last manager who wasn't a yes man left us in a hurry as he wasn't prepared to take the blame for the clubs inevitable decline

_brian_

really he is just another yes man that will say whatever the owners and board want to hear , we had one before he was called andy thorn ,the last manager who wasn't a yes man left us in a hurry as he wasn't prepared to take the blame for the clubs inevitable decline

He was a yes man! He said "yes" to Huddersfield!!! LOL! Only joking, mate! I know what you mean really!

ajsccfc

'Yes man' is one of the most meaningless cliches spread here. He's not screaming at his employers in public, what a coward!!!!!!!

Yes I think Mr Pressley has been "got at" via a lavish dose of super optimism pills as prescribed by our Tim.

Apart from Bobby Gouuld's mega problem with having to virtually replace a complete new team in the early '80's SP must be operating under the worse pre-season preparation conditions ever - how on earth can he keep 6 or 7 potential transfer targets dangling in the breeze before they all say " no ground, no contracts, no fans" get me out of this asylum quick.

Users who are viewing this thread