Preston Haskell; what's in it for us, what's in it for him? (1 Viewer)

Gary.j

Preston Haskell; what's in it for us, what's in it for him?

mark82

what's in it for us? Not convinced he is the messiah. Has a net worth of £150 million and would take half that to clear our debt. The biggest benefit I guess is he isn't SISU.

what's in it for him? Property. Development round the Ricoh could be very lucrative.

Pubboy

But what about Joe Elliott? The question has to be what's in it for him, and likewise what's in it for us?

italiahorse

We just want to be at the Ricoh watching our football team for starters.

A bonus would be the team being invested in, but I would settle for the first point at the moment.

He would not have to buy all the debt just make SISU and offer and see if they will accept it.
At some point SISU will have to accept some losses.

Philosorapter

I think one of issues here is thinking that the club is worth what SISU states it is. We are a third division club without a stadium playing 35 miles away from a rapidly diminishing fan base. The club does not make money and therefore worthless. Potential money is there if you invest in the football club and redevelop the local area which a decent football team at the ground to raise prices.

Quite simply, you don't get one without the other, they are intrinsically linked.

Last edited:

cloughie

what's in it for us? Not convinced he is the messiah. Has a net worth of £150 million and would take half that to clear our debt. The biggest benefit I guess is he isn't SISU.

what's in it for him? Property. Development round the Ricoh could be very lucrative.

Ridiculous post regarding half his net worth, No one is going to give sisu their fictitious £70 million to go,

If you believe that you will believe anything

lordsummerisle

He is a property developer but also a football fan, he loves the English game.
He worth about £180m but his family is worth 10 times that amount.

Of course he loves the English fame, there aren't many English clubs he hasn't tried to buy are there?

Football fans, or football men, not necessarily the best for a club anyway.

See Ranson(somebody else who tried to get loads of clubs before us), Elliott and Hoffman for evidence here.

Users who are viewing this thread