Match Thread Preston North End FC - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 4th Nov (1 Viewer)

AOM

I'd go

Wilson
Lati Kitching Binks
MvE Sheaf Eccles Bidwell
Sakamoto Allen
Simms

Collins, Fadz, Thomas, Dasilva, O'Hare, Wright, Godden

Not that it matters who plays, we'll lose 4-0. Probably get a red card too. I'll go Kitching.

I do like this team, but I worry about our lack of continuity with the team with the chopping and changing every game.
Would like to see Bidwell back in too, but imagine he's going to be rusty as he's barely played for the first team or u23's.
I'd maybe give Wright another go up front as well for 60 minutes or so and see how he gets on

clint van damme

As predicted, Avanti have started their antics, train cancelled.
Hopefully not the first of many.

rob9872

As predicted, Avanti have started their antics, train cancelled.
Hopefully not the first of many.
You must've been on the same as ours (8.27 direct) as had notification of cancellation. Arseholes! Not sure if will go indirect via Brum or earlier/later now. Imagine the next one at 9.36 will be rammed but that looks the best one.

skybluecam

What part of Wright's performance makes you think he's worth another go?
Was it his shite contribution, his lack of fight, his inability to control a football or his woeful finishing?
Wright was decent on Monday aside from the glaring missed chance.

And when playing a lone striker I’d prefer him to trampoline touch Simms or geriatric Godden.

rob9872

And when playing a lone striker I’d prefer him to trampoline touch Simms or geriatric Godden.
He was fekkin atrocious even if you remove that miss. I'm renowned for supporting players on here with my sky blue tinted specs even when most disagree but his performance was woeful on Monday and one of the worst I've seen in a City shirt, indefensible imo, sorry.

Covkid1968#

What part of Wright's performance makes you think he's worth another go?
Was it his shite contribution, his lack of fight, his inability to control a football or his woeful finishing?
I watched him a lot last game.. the amount of times he was calling for the early ball but got frustrated when he was constantly ignored. Only once was he played through. The issue is that he creates nothing himself!

skybluecam

He was fekkin atrocious even if you remove that miss. I'm renowned for supporting players on here with my sky blue tinted specs even when most disagree but his performance was woeful on Monday and one of the worst I've seen in a City shirt, indefensible imo, sorry.
Objectively not true though is it?

Wright was far from the worst player in a city shirt on the night, to say it’s one of the worst performances you’ve ever seen is ridiculous.

Hertsccfc

He wasn't. Seems like you decided this before the match.

Joy Division

If that was the worst you've seen in a city shirt I'd count yourself lucky

SeaSeeEffCee

One of the worst performances ever is very extreme but it was still a bad performance. 16 touches and very few positive comtributiosn to the game.

rob9872

Objectively not true though is it?

Wright was far from the worst player in a city shirt on the night, to say it’s one of the worst performances you’ve ever seen is ridiculous.

He wasn't. Seems like you decided this before the match.

It just wasn’t, sorry.

Ok, tell me 1) how many times he touched the ball in the second half apart from that miss? 2) are you discounting the first half where he missed another 1 v 1 albeit tighter angle 3) failed to get a shot off when clear twice 4) was offside more than Huckerby 5) one came off his shin and went embarrassingly wide when he shouldve hit the target 6) the only time he tried to link up he overhit his pass 7) tried to trap it and it bounced off him.

Yep, changed my mind he was brilliant!

SlowerThanPlatt

How could I forget, Bakayoko v Blackpool

”It looked like it was the first time he’d been out there.

“It looked like he wasn’t playing with any thought whatsoever, which is unusual.”

• Haha
Reactions: AOM

AOM

That miss apart and one he should have maybe done better with in the first half, when he went with the wrong foot, I don't think he was that bad and I would start with him again on Saturday.

He should have at least hit the target with the one on one chance, but it looked a lot worse from where I was sitting in the ground.
Rewatching the highlights video, it didn't look as easy and he had a lot less time than I thought

Macca1987

That miss apart and one he should have maybe done better with in the first half, when he went with the wrong foot, I don't think he was that bad and I would start with him again on Saturday.
I agree Otis, we can't keep chopping and changing after one game, we need to give him a run of games to get his confidence up and learn how to link with new players in the attacking midfield

fatso

But that perfectly sums up our predicament.

Are we saying Wright should start because he's slightly less shit than the other two?

That's a fucking embarrassing situation to be in after all the money we've spent.

Brighton Sky Blue

Ok, tell me 1) how many times he touched the ball in the second half apart from that miss? 2) are you discounting the first half where he missed another 1 v 1 albeit tighter angle 3) failed to get a shot off when clear twice 4) was offside more than Huckerby 5) one came off his shin and went embarrassingly wide when he shouldve hit the target 6) the only time he tried to link up he overhit his pass 7) tried to trap it and it bounced off him.

Yep, changed my mind he was brilliant!
You said one of the worst you’d ever seen. He was poor, but still not up there with Kevin Kyle against Burnley

David O'Day

You said one of the worst you’d ever seen. He was poor, but still not up there with Kevin Kyle against Burnley
who was the fella that was a driver for beriahino? played a cup game for us and looked like he's won a raffle or was part of the make a wish foundation?

Bristol sky blue

Steve Walsh at Watford, fresh faced 37 year old signed from Tamworth (!!)

Marcus Hall v Derby and Dujon Sterling v Bristol Rovers also come to mind
Good shout about Dujon Sterling BTW. He did come good for us (and young players are entitled to nightmare performances which they learn from e.g. Doyle v Bristol City last year), but he was incredibly poor that day, literally getting the wrong side of the man he was marking constantly and his composure was shot.

SlowerThanPlatt

Good shout about Dujon Sterling BTW. He did come good for us (and young players are entitled to nightmare performances which they learn from e.g. Doyle v Bristol City last year), but he was incredibly poor that day, literally getting the wrong side of the man he was marking constantly and his composure was shot.
He was probably our best player in the second part of that season, I thought he’d go higher (currently on Rangers bench every week)

Users who are viewing this thread