Preston ratings (1 Viewer)

Otis

Surprised there hasn’t been some more positive comments about Eccles. I thought he was good. Can be a bit lightweight in some challenges so would like to see him put a bit of weight/muscle on but keeps things ticking over well, shielded defence and pinged a couple of great balls (think there was one to Vik around 70th min).

Hamer MoTM. Wilson made a couple of smart saves. Decent away performance especially considering our midfield injuries
Yeah, I thought Eccles was good too. Just that one occasion where he had the ball taken off him and we could have been in trouble. Other than that, I thought he had a more than decent game

Gibbo

He had a good game against Sunderland, not so much tonight.
Cuffy also had a good game against Millwall, but a hard away game may not be his gig right now. We do not know what our contractual obligations are to loanees when they are not automatic first teamers like Doyle

Samo

Wilson 7 assured
McNally 7 physical
Fadz 7 solid
Doyle 7 accomplished
Bidwell 6 stay in your own half
Cuffy 6 some decent crosses
Eccles 6 finding his feet
Hamer 8 driving force
Allen 6 in and out
Godden 5 poor
Vik 5 knackered

esbrand 6 there’s a player in there
Walker 5 shite
Burroughs 6
Rose 6

If there's a player in Esbrand, he's doing a good job of hiding it.

JimmyHillsbeard

Walker was ok when he came on actually

The people who started the “20 goals” chant for Walker (including the ref to offside) were right up there with Henry Kissinger winning the Nobel peace prize in terms of irony. Any player replacing Godden is going to be offside less than Godden.

stevefloyd

The people who started the “20 goals” chant for Walker (including the ref to offside) were right up there with Henry Kissinger winning the Nobel peace prize in terms of irony. Any player replacing Godden is going to be offside less than Godden.
We never had any offsides last night...
edit: we wasn't far enough up the pitch to get any :)

blunted

What did Vik do last night?
Interestingly, the PNE commentators thought their player who had already been booked should have had another yellow when Vik turned him on the wing and was brought down. The ref never even gave a foul. I can understand why Vik got booked. Their centre backs were absolutely shagged out near the end which was when we started getting half-chances. Unfortunately, the chances fell to Bidwell and Esbrand who snatched at their chances. Vik made the Bidwell one and his presence created the space for the other. Arguably, Viks quietest game for a while but they left two men on him all the time, which gave Allen space in the first half and the rest of our midfield should have dome better in the second. Young Prem lads take a while to adjust. Maa and Doyle had games under their belt when they came to us. Cuffy a bit with Rotherham which is why he looks more accomplished than Esbrand. Think the latter is finding the physicality quite a challenge.

TewkesburySkyBlue

Hamer was stand out for us,
Eccles was ok dawdling on the ball a couple of times but he done ok,
Doyle started a little bit dodgy but settled down nicely, strange he was taken off especially for
Mcnally gets better and better,
Fadz got caught a couple of time so not as soloid as usual but we kept a clean sheet,
Bidwell ok I guess but not great, his final ball is generally rubbish and that shot hmmm,
Cuffey, don't really rate him from what Ive seen alwasy seems to be caught in 2 minds and listens to the wrong one,
Wilson kicking is utter utter shite and his throwing isn't much better, gave the ball away a few times on his distribution but a couple of decent saves,
Allen, lost the ball a few times by being knocked off it but a little better than of late, terrible attempts at goal but strangely we miss him because we are now down to bare bones,
Godden was utter shite,
Gyokeres got bullied all night and spent most of the time moaning about it

Rose who does daydream a lot and lose his man but he done ok when he came on,
Walker came on and drew a few fouls but other than that, that was it
Burroughs should start instead of Cuffey, in his cameo appearance he showed more than Cuffey has and put a decent ball into the box, certainly got more about him than our 'star from Arsenal
Esbrand started a little poor but he showed a few nice touches playing in midfield

Maquire....what is the feckin point in him???? we don't know if he's any good or not, he surely can't be as bad as Godden is atm but maybe he can run more

They were there for the taking but nobody produced enough quality for us to take them, a draw a fair result in the end
You are so very negative mate chill out

fernandopartridge

What's his level then?
He was a huge flop on loan at L1 Portsmouth, regarded as one of the worst loan signings ever.
His goalscoring record at league 1 with Lincoln however was better than Godden. He was top scorer in his first season with us. The lad gets unbelievable criticism despite not having been given a fair crack here for the last couple of years.

SIR ERNIE

His goalscoring record at league 1 with Lincoln however was better than Godden. He was top scorer in his first season with us. The lad gets unbelievable criticism despite not having been given a fair crack here for the last couple of years.
Nah, just not good enough for me. I've wanted to like him but I just don't see anything to scare Championship defenders. What is he really good at?

The Philosopher

Both may have tears
MR in his full pre match interview seemed to allude that many players (not just us) are getting injured for some unknown reason.

3.30 mins to about 4.30mins “——(about soft tissue and joint injuries) something going on effecting physical health”

What was he alluding to? Long Covid? Vaccine side effects? Or a dig at having to play so many games in short space due to WC break?

He’s usually ultra level headed but this plus a bit of a dig at Gyok and his post-match moan after Preston seems out of character.

Watch it back then comment - you’ll see what I mean. (IFollow - videos - latest videos)

Users who are viewing this thread