Prey (1 Viewer)

Otis

Yep.

John Simm is one hell of an actor. Was attracted to it merely because it's him to be honest.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
I don't think I ever got round to watching it at the time, the same as Mad Dogs.

stupot07

Yeah it's very good, loved life on Mars but didn't watch spin off. I quite like mad dogs too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

Was very disappointed myself, Nick.

After a gritty, realistic start from the first 2 episodes, the final part seemed to get rather silly I felt, with people suddenly spilling the beans left right and centre for no particualr reason and it all pushing the bounds of realism to the extreme.

I couldn't stop laughing at the scene in the interrogation room. Doubt had been cast as to whether John Simm's character had actually done it.

When the coppers had the actual perpretator of the murder in custody and were interviewing him, the lad said that John Simm's character accidently pushed his son down the stairs and then went into the lounge, fought with is wife and stabbed her. Amazing all this, as he said he was hiding in the bedroom the whole time.:D

The coppers just accepted his story without any cross examination and simply just started looking for John Simm's character again for the crime.

Was a shame as I had really enjoyed it until about 15 mins in and then I found it all get rather OTT and silly.

stupot07

Yeah agree with you Otis, was a bit disappointing and OTT in the end.

Said the same thing to the missus about the interrogation scene.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

Yeah agree with you Otis, was a bit disappointing and OTT in the end.

Said the same thing to the missus about the interrogation scene.

As I say, even if the lad had 'seen' the incident, the police just accepted his story without question and went back off to try and arrest the John Simm character. Very disappointing after such a bright start.

Did you also notice that all the main protaganists in the programme were 'troubled, slightly pathetic losers?' Farrow (Simm), Devlin (best mate), Mac (the baddie, police DCI), Reinhart (the leading investigator) and Lomax (the dying thugish former Mr. Big). All of them troubled with dark pasts. Hardly belivable to be honest.

Such a shame as it started really brightly but for me just fizzled out into a sorry, unconvincing mess.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I enjoyed it!

One thing that does big me with these type of dramas though is the conclusion sometimes appears rushed. Once you know who the real offender is, that's it. Well can't we see what happened to them? Is justice done?

Anyone watch The Tunnel on Sky Atlantic? I downloaded it from catch up and thought that was good. Confusing in parts (I'm not very good at watching things that need subtitles; I get too bored too easily) but still enjoyed it

Otis

I enjoyed it!

One thing that does big me with these type of dramas though is the conclusion sometimes appears rushed. Once you know who the real offender is, that's it. Well can't we see what happened to them? Is justice done?

Anyone watch The Tunnel on Sky Atlantic? I downloaded it from catch up and thought that was good. Confusing in parts (I'm not very good at watching things that need subtitles; I get too bored too easily) but still enjoyed it

I ejoyed it too, don't get me wrong. Thought the first two parts were very good, just the final episode that let it all down and you are indeed right, it suddenly rushed to a very quick conclusion. Also didn't like the way that characters just started to spill the beans hardly under any pressure at all. Just all suddenly came clean and admitted to everything under very little or no duress.

It was still good, but just fell down somewhat at the last hurdle on the 3rd and final installment. It was merely good where it could have been great.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread